• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I do have an idea, which, you know, I do wonder if "Digital Monsters" is all Digimon can possibly be. Couldn't they be portrayed as... some sort of demons?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm pondering creating a Digimon RP, but I have to wait until school lets up a bit more before I can go all out into it like I had planned. :)
Perhaps we should take up that old idea again? ;D Not that I really have time for it, but digimon are so kewl
Do you have new ideas otherwise? :3

I could probably whip up a good setting/story/game mechanics for a digimon RP if I tried. I usually don't have problem with that. It's mostly time xD That time. That thing that is necessary for good RPing. Lots and lots of free time.

Time can be traded for really good determination and ambition, of course.

@ Shawn - deeeeemons? Doing what? :D Getting revenge on humanity for spending too much on the internet? :D:D

/sorry, I'm in a strange mood lol

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I wouldn't be surprised if they could. Data Demons... or something.

Edit: Red, I still have all of our merry discussions in a document. :D If we really felt like it, I'd be happy to do so. xD I can give it a shot, since one of my school hours is like: non-existent until the end of March.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Woah...never knew there's a lot of digimon fans. Speaking of Justice League/Avengers, it might work but it seems that it's a little farfetch'd to me. Perhaps with a plotline it'd be good though. By the way, has there ever been a good Hunger Games roleplay here? When looking at older works, I spotted one back in 2011 with only 6 posts before 'dying'. Is the concept of the Games too hard to be turned into an RP? Does it have potential and is anyone interested?

@Gimmiepie, Holon hasn't been used for quite a while, I think, so that'd be something new (considering the fact that my upcoming thingy is in Johto).

Fuyu

Years
Hmm... probably. They may be originated from data but one of the shows (I think it was 02) implied the world was an existence of data and dreams so... maybe they are the dreams/nightmares of humans who have become real due to some supernatural force or... the characters couldn't see them until the RP?

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
By the way, has there ever been a good Hunger Games roleplay here? When looking at older works, I spotted one back in 2011 with only 6 posts before 'dying'. Is the concept of the Games too hard to be turned into an RP? Does it have potential and is anyone interested?

-cough-

Demons would be an interesting idea, though vague for the moment. Will these demons affect us or are just destroying the virtual world?

Years
Wow things in here updated fast o.O

I go completely lost.

@Fenne-kun - The concept seems easy to work with if you ask me depending on how you handled the plot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha, yeah, suddenly this thread comes alive xD

@ Fuyu - yay :D You totally have my permission to use anything we came up with, if you feel like you have the time. And change it as well, of course.

@ data digimon topic - I think part of what's alluring about digimon is that they are made of data :3 Season 3 made an interesting thing of giving an almost scientific explanation for how they could take place in the real world.

BUT, there is always room for customization in any genre when it comes to RPing! So you could probably have demons with digimon names/shapes/powers, Shawn.

So lemme throw something out here that I've been thinking about for quite a long time, even before I created MAO:
A Digimon/Sword Art Online crossover. Eh? Eh? :D

Fuyu

Years
Oh gosh Red I was just thinking of that idea. The crossover/using our stuff. I'll probably find time, next week I have four days off. xD FOr some reason.

@Fenne: I'm not entirely sure why Hunger Games doesn't last very long. We've tried them a couple times and it could be the idea of our carefully crafted characters dying or something. Might also be time constraints. We join RPs like: YEAH I'm gonna post ALL the time and that just can't happen. xD

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Finally someone that replies! :D //hyped

I can see the problem. Some will have to die earlier and they might not like it. For it to happen I guess we need to plot the order or some sort? Ugh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Let's just say I definitely have some nice ideas for it, but won't make it anytime soon. If you feel up to it, go ahead :3

I was thinking of having Aincrad just as it is from SAO, but include Digimon partners to fight alongside the players. Or maybe humans wouldn't be able to wield weapons at all and Digimon would have to do all the fighting?

That means that in my ideas, the game is just another game from our world featuring Digimon and there is no such thing as the digital world in the sense that exists in the Digimon anime.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I had a steampunk roleplay where PokéBalls didn't exist but it didn't last exceptionally long. It was years ago haha. Having a journey roleplay like this would be interesting indeed!!

I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT.

I remember reading it, but I don't think I tried joining it. I don't think I knew you then. ._.;
Which is an odd thought . . . the reading thing, considering I sometimes don't even read all of roleplays that I am in, and almost never roleplays that I'm not in. >.>;

So, who mentioned the Justice League/Avengers idea? I didn't see the original post, but I have pondered quite a few superhero/superpower roleplays recently. I was actually just talking to MichaelaTheUchiha about it last night. >.>; Comics and their stories have interested me a bit more as of late, thanks to certain people, lol.
But, when I say superhero/superpower, it's certainly not limited to the comic book world. I was also thinking of something similar to the show Heroes, and things such as stories like Ichiro and Skymin's Atlantis Arising/Atlantis Awakening, which work well for it, too.

@Fennek (I'ma call you that d:) - Hunger Games . . . is obviously a great story, but due to character deaths, it might not be as fun to some. There are ways around that, such as having it be similar to the rebellion, after the games, or something like what I believe Years of Lies did, with all the supernatural stuff . . . (never read YoL, so I could be a bit off on that tidbit of information.)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, just wanted to remind everyone to cast your votes in the RPAs! I realized that this month was shorter, ending tomorrow, so I may talk to Skymin about extending the deadline for a few days to give everyone a chance to vote.

Also, I was feeling a bit nostalgic this morning when I woke up, recalling some of the past RPs I was apart of, so I'm curious and I post this question(s) to everyone:

What was your favorite RP that you were ever apart of, past or present? What made you (or continues to make you) like this RP so much?

Years
Currently my favourite RP is Yokai academy simply because it is so engaging, it's almost addictive. I can't even say more than that but I just love it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What was your favorite RP that you were ever apart of, past or present? What made you (or continues to make you) like this RP so much?

The most difficult question. I miss Rockets Rising because it had a great feeling to it even though it might have been a bit too freeform for players to feel comfortable in. Still, maybe it's worth a restart? Being your own gym leader is cool.

Also, Atlantis Arising. I think Arising was a better word than Awakening ;p let's hope the reboot will be even more fun than the last one! The backstory was thrilling and the GMs did a great job with all the NPCs.

There are probably tons of others too. Oh, yes. A Fresh Start or something, a Johto journey RP by {Swan}. I loved my character there and I miss the RP.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

OMG Arcanum and Begin Again (or was that what's it called?)... *___*

Arcanum because I fell in love with the Asian-esque feel to it and the plot was amazing and I would like to see it again. D=

Begin Again because according to others, I played as my best and funniest character ever, and I had a nice rivalry with Nakuzumi so it was all the more fun~! Plus it seemed more free than any other Journey RP I've been in.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

. . . I . . . uh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't know how to answer this. All of the roleplays I've been in have been fun . . . I guess Focus Shift is the most memorable, considering I, and others, tend to refer to the group of roleplayers that participated in it as the "Focus Shift Group". A very friendly roleplay, I guess, lol.

Also, Atlantis Arising. I think Arising was a better word than Awakening ;p let's hope the reboot will be even more fun than the last one! The backstory was thrilling and the GMs did a great job with all the NPCs.

;w;
I only made one post in the original, lol.
I'd join, but I suck, so I may want to, but it might not go well, considering the first time. >.>;

Begin Again because according to others, I played as my best and funniest character ever, and I had a nice rivalry with Nakuzami so it was all the more fun~! Plus it seemed more free than any other Journey RP I've been in.

!!
Ahaha . . . ahahahahaa . . . AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA, aaaaaah, I remember that. That was fun, lol.
(P.S. - You spelled my username wrong, so I fixed it, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back