• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Should they do a 7th gen Diamond/Pearl remake?

Should they make a Diamond/Pearl remake?

• Yes

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
I think they should. Gen 7 has shown a lot of improvement of pre-existing Pokemon, something gen 4 did as well. They could also make more alternate forms and save them for Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl, like the extra mega evolutions in ORAS. This would also allow them to make alternate forms for Pokemon in other generations.

But really I just want to see my waifu rendered in 3D.
170px-Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png

Can you blame me?

Years
Should they do Sinnoh remakes in Gen 7? Maybe.

Will they? Probably not.

As great as Sinnoh would be in 3D, Game Freak more than likely won't bring out another remake just one generation after ORAS. The fact they had two remakes back to back in Gens 3 and 4 was a one off imo because FRLG were mainly made to bring Kanto Pokemon onto the GBA and ever since there hasn't been two remakes back to back. With all the time Game Freak have invested in Sun and Moon, I think they will make sequels or something for them in order to complete Alola.
Cause we all know what hapened with Kalos

Hopefully we'll get Diamond and Pearl remakes in Generation 8 :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Yes. The reason: regional differences.

Sinnoh needs Fire-Types like nobody's business. Enter Sinnoh forms. They could do some wild stuff like having certain older Pokémon gain the Fire-Type, saying they needed to in order to brace themselves against Sinnoh's harsh cold. It would work great in Sinnoh.

I highly doubt they're gonna give a third version to the 20th anniversary titles, and whether games get sequels is really a case-by-case basis, so they may very well decide that DPP remakes would be an appropriate way to round out the generation.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
If there's going to be DPPt remakes, I'd rather see them on a newer console. In general, every remake has always been 2 console generations removed from the originals. Plus, we've never had 2 generations of remakes on the same console (this would be gen 3 and gen 4 remakes both on the 3DS), which makes me think it's unlikely to happen. Maybe once the NX comes out?

Karous

Captain Obvious
Years
>3D waifu

*vomits*

I think it's too early for the DPPt remakes. They're still easily available and playable on the current gen of consoles. I don't see anything particularly in need of updating, as the previous remakes were significant overhauls both in terms of game mechanics and graphics.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Since you can still play the older generations on the 3DS line of consoles, I think we're still a long way off from a Gen IV remake, if we're going to have the 3DS for a while longer that is. As much as the obsessive fan of Sinnoh in me would love for one right now, that side of me's gonna need some patience as we're highly unlikely to see a remake any time soon. The next handheld will most likely be the host of a Gen IV remake, if any.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
I really hope it happens, it is my favourite Gen of all. Even if it isn't remaked in Gen 7, I'm still going to pray for one in Gen 8 :P

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
Since you can still play the older generations on the 3DS line of consoles, I think we're still a long way off from a Gen IV remake, if we're going to have the 3DS for a while longer that is. As much as the obsessive fan of Sinnoh in me would love for one right now, that side of me's gonna need some patience as we're highly unlikely to see a remake any time soon. The next handheld will most likely be the host of a Gen IV remake, if any.

It's not really a matter of not being able to play the games, but making an update to them.

Many people bring up the NX, but we don't know the nature of that console yet. Nintendo is being uncharacteristically tight-lipped about it. The only thing I believe is of note in this case is that it will be compatible with android devices. That does imply that Nintendo will be releasing a DS with android compatibility as well. But Nintendo is going to ease into this. It'll be a few years before we see a DS Android.

There is something from X and Y that makes me think a gen 4 remake is likely. There's an NPC who will mention his far off home region (confirmed to be Alola) and how their champion is something else. For there to be a champion, there has to be a Pokemon League, which is confirmed not to be present in the Sun and Moon games. This means that Sun and Moon are earlier on the timeline than X and Y. This is irregular, but they have shifted the timeline around before for generations where they do remakes.

Wait, and I was criticizing the NX thing? "Hello, pot. This is kettle. I'd just like to remind you that you're black."

Years
Imperishable has nailed this - I agree with them in that I can't see a Sinnoh remake happening anytime soon due to the fact the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games. If Pokemon does move to a new handheld that can't play DS games, then maybe I could see the remake happening.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
I seriously hope they do away with remaking the original games and do Platinum only, but I know they won't. OR/AS barely incorporated any features of Emerald, which really pissed me off, loving that game so much. Non-snowy Sinnoh was such a slog, and Platinum made it a lot more unique.

Sirfetch’d

I'd love to see it happen! I actually think these might be the remakes we get on the next gaming system after gen 8 is released. Maybe add in new Megas for the Sinnoh starters. It would be really cool!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I'd love to see the first region I got to play through remade, but it might be the end of the remakes once the games start on the DS family. Either that, or they may take a little longer then normal for them to even consiter it. I knew R/S/E could totally be remade, and once X/Y's graphics were apparent it was only a matter of time. Maybe the 2D to 3D jump will be enough? Only time will really tell, but I do hope they'd change it up as a lot of people have only recently played a Sinnoh game :P

C2i

Tomorrow never comes; today never ends
Years
>3D waifu

*vomits*

I think it's too early for the DPPt remakes. They're still easily available and playable on the current gen of consoles. I don't see anything particularly in need of updating, as the previous remakes were significant overhauls both in terms of game mechanics and graphics.

I have to agree here. While I'd really love a remake set of these games, I don't think it's as necessary as the current line of remakes for past generations. With pokemon Sun & Moon coming pretty soon, I wouldn't bank on any reveal or notion of these remakes for at least 2 years, if ever. I'm half-expecting these games to be the final installment of the pokemon generation series, but that's a discussion for the Sun & Moon forum.

Regardless of remakes being made or not, I've always wanted to see Spear Pillar and Mt Coronet in actual 3D. While the graphics in gen 4 were certainly a step-up from gen 3, the fact that it was largely due to a big difference in console power and strategic shading makes me want more from the games.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Although a remake of DPPt isn't necessary because DS games are still accessible... It'd honestly be great to see them remade in 3D. I've probably played 4th gen more times than any other and to be able to play it again in a new game would be wonderful.

Years
I hope they don't remake it. Honestly am kinda sick of remakes. Love FRLG and HGSS, but ORAS wasn't great. The original Hoenn in Generation III was pretty challenging, then the remake made it super easy thanks to Mega Evolutions and the Exp. Share. I wouldn't want to see that happen to Sinnoh, a region that was very challenging. Besides, the remake would be of Diamond and Pearl, not Platinum which features the better story and actually has most Sinnoh Pokemon in it's Dex.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Conspiracy Theory Time:

In XY, the first event distribution was a Torchic, a gen 3 Pokémon, who held the Blazikenite. The Blazikenite in XY could only be obtained through that event. The next set of games were ORAS, gen 3 remakes which featured Blazikenite as a regularly-obtainable Item.

SM's first event distribution will be Munchlax, holding Snorlaxium Z, which may or not not be an event-exclusive Item in SM. Munchlax is a gen 4 Pokémon.

See where I'm going with this? Make of this what you will!

zeno101200

The Wanderer
Years
Though the idea seems inevitable eventually, I seriously hope not, for Gen 7 that is. So far, each remake generation has been a system apart. (GBA/DS/3DS) If they keep that pattern, maybe we won't see Gen 4 until Gen 8 or whatever's to come next. Just not yet, unless it truly has something great to add to the series. ORAS had...The Delta episode? They pretty much ended up as the least memorable games for me.

blue

gucci
Years
Diamond & Pearl mark their 10 year anniversary this month and while that isn't confirmation, it shows that these games have been around for a long time. Long enough to become outdated and fall behind with all of the updated features and what not. From a marketing perspective then I'd definitely say yes. Past remakes have gone on to sell beyond 10 million units per set, that's a massive amount of money generated for a pair of titles that don't require all that much work to pump out. These are remakes, they know exactly what to do with these games as they are basically just updated versions of already existing games. Time isn't really an issue here. The fact that all three sets of remakes have topped the charts for being the most sold games on their respected handheld just proves how lucrative the remakes concept is to the franchise. It may not happen in this current generation, but I definitely think we will be getting them sooner or later.

Spoiler:

#Confirmed

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
I'd really love GF to do the remakes, but I guess that won't happen for the reasons stated above! I just want to point out that I'd prefer a Platinum remake, since the story is way more interesting than Diamond's and Pearl's.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Hopefully they do make a remake even though D/P/Pt are still playable on 3DS. I still have Pearl on DS but it would be good to play through it again in 3D.

Back