• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Rate my pokemon showdown team

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
PS is basically the same thing as PO. PS is just more convenient for me to use.

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid to outrun the rare Salamence with a speed boosting nature.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psychic

Psychic because I switch to Heatran when Chansey/Blissey switches in.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

This thing is amazing.

Thoughts? I don't know what to do with my Latios. Running HP Fire would require me to run an imperfect speed IV. This means that a lot of Latioses will outspeed it and murder it. This team does have a bit of trouble with Venusaur though. Scizor can only 2HKO at best and Heatran is put to sleep immediately.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Psyshock is better over Psychic on Latios because you get to hit specially defensive Pokemon (Chansey and Blissey in particular) while using your Special Attack stat.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Psyshock is better over Psychic on Latios because you get to hit specially defensive Pokemon (Chansey and Blissey in particular) while using your Special Attack stat.

That's true. But I like to switch in my Heatran to set up rocks and poison them. Any other reasons to use psyshock?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
That's true. But I like to switch in my Heatran to set up rocks and poison them. Any other reasons to use psyshock?

Psyshock is used for landing harder hits on specially-oriented walls in general aside from Chansey and Blissey. It also hits pre-Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Breloom hard without resorting to Draco Meteor. Also, when you see Chansey/Blissey, it's generally a better idea to Trick away your Choice item first, then switching to an appropriate counter.

Also, it's not a good idea to switch in Heatran on to Venusaur if Sleep Clause isn't active, but when it's active, Heatran can switch in to Venusaur safely.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Psyshock is used for landing harder hits on specially-oriented walls in general aside from Chansey and Blissey. It also hits pre-Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Breloom hard without resorting to Draco Meteor. Also, when you see Chansey/Blissey, it's generally a better idea to Trick away your Choice item first, then switching to an appropriate counter.

Also, it's not a good idea to switch in Heatran on to Venusaur if Sleep Clause isn't active, but when it's active, Heatran can switch in to Venusaur safely.

Ok. Any way to counter Breloom too?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok. Any way to counter Breloom too?

Dragonite can somewhat check Breloom while Sleep Clause is in effect, due to it resisting its STABs, but it also has to watch out for Stone Edge:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake/Roost/ExtremeSpeed
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale

or
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Fire Punch