• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Hey Everyone,
I'm not a new hacker but I'm new to hacking emerald can anyone explain how I remove the
start truck and the earthquake.
When I tried to do it tiles stuff up.
Thanks. :)

Start Map Chooser Advance, created by the one and only hackmew. it gets rid of the truck, and for the earthquake, there is a beta version out (kind of glitchy) and hack mew is working on a tool to get rid of the earthquake to, but most people just choose to ignore the earthquake. you can find SCMA in the toolbox forum.

G33K

The guy you will someday work
Years
Hey everyone. Ive been working on my ruby hack for a while, and i've run into a bit of a problem. I'm using PKSV-UI, and its been going great except for one thing: every time i use the script generator and i use the 'quick starter' script, it looks fine and dandy untul i open my hack in VBA and as soon as i try to execute the script, it immediately freezes.

My main questions are, what exactly is causing this problem? and how would i go about fixing it?

Thanks all!

AustinWolff

has left
Years
Hey everyone. Ive been working on my ruby hack for a while, and i've run into a bit of a problem. I'm using PKSV-UI, and its been going great except for one thing: every time i use the script generator and i use the 'quick starter' script, it looks fine and dandy untul i open my hack in VBA and as soon as i try to execute the script, it immediately freezes.

My main questions are, what exactly is causing this problem? and how would i go about fixing it?

Thanks all!

Use XSE. A lot of people use it (including me) so a lot of people will be able to help you when you run into a problem like this

droomph

weeb
Years
What tool should I use for looking at the ROM's ASM coding?
PKSV-UI. And if you're really freaking rich and you also need to look at x86 and XBOX360 ASM then you should definitely give IDA Pro a spin.

Thanks all!
You shouldn't need to use the script generator. Work your way around. If you still have problems, check each step of compiling to see if there's no "ohmygoshidontknowwhatthisis" error messages in the "Compile" box. Then check the spelling (which sucks because each function isn't blued out, unlike in C), and then check the #dynamic to see that you're not overwriting anything?

If all else fails, redownload.

Hey Everyone,
I'm not a new hacker but I'm new to hacking emerald can anyone explain how I remove the

Use SMCA and then the Truck Remover. Step through the crap and you'll see what the tool changes.

And yes, I've tried it and it works.

Oh, you tried it...? Mhm.

Last edited:
Years
Hey Everyone,

So far, every attempt to remove the entire truck seen has either failed or is extremely buggy. There is a program call SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance) developed by HackMew that can change your starting location but for Ruby, it will not remove the truck scene.

The only way it could be done is by doing an ASM hack but so far, there are no clean versions of Pokemon Ruby and the games source still hasn't been cracked.

Maybe sometime in the future.

droomph

weeb
Years

So far, every attempt to remove the entire truck seen has either failed or is extremely buggy. There is a program call SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance) developed by HackMew that can change your starting location but for Ruby, it will not remove the truck scene.

The only way it could be done is by doing an ASM hack but so far, there are no clean versions of Pokemon Ruby and the games source still hasn't been cracked.

Maybe sometime in the future.

Nah, it works. You just need two programs (or some serious intuition) to get it to work.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Hallo,
I'm making a hack but I realy can't script. I know how you make a give item script. I have made a give item script, but there is only one problem. When I obtained the item then it's still there and when I talk again to the pokéball I can take the item again. I want the same as in the normal game when you talk to a pokéball and get an item, but how can I do that?

I know, my Englisch is not very good but I think you can understand what I mean.

Please help me!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hallo,
I'm making a hack but I realy can't script. I know how you make a give item script. I have made a give item script, but there is only one problem. When I obtained the item then it's still there and when I talk again to the pokéball I can take the item again. I want the same as in the normal game when you talk to a pokéball and get an item, but how can I do that?

I know, my Englisch is not very good but I think you can understand what I mean.

Please help me!

you'll need to use setflag and hidesprite commands to make items that don't come back. here's an example of a script for an item.
Code:
#dynamic 0x(your offset)

#org @item
hidesprite 0x(the person no. Of your pokeball)
setflag 0x(the person ID of your pokeball)
giveitem 0x(your item) 0x1 MSG_FIND
release
end
That'll make the item disappear after you take it.

The person ID and person number you can find in the events tab of Advance Map when you select your pokeball, just set the person ID to a number, for example, 0200, and make it the same as your setflag. :D

Last edited:

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Can I insert two different tiles of grass and have separate animations for them?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Thanks bro. This might be the next big thing in mapping! XD

Nope sadly if you insert grass animation that way the animation will play constantly, the other way (if your using firered you need to activate this) the tall grass animation and just do it that way

the reason it wont work is because you want it to play a certain number of frames and then stop as the player steps on it :)

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
you'll need to use setflag and hidesprite commands to make items that don't come back. here's an example of a script for an item.
Code:
#dynamic 0x(your offset)

#org @item
hidesprite 0x(the person ID of your pokeball)
setflag 0x(the person ID of your pokeball)
giveitem 0x(your item) 0x1 MSG_FIND
release
end
That'll make the item disappear after you take it.

The person ID you can find in the events tab of Advance Map when you select your pokeball, just set it to a number, for example, 0200, and make it the same as your hidesprite and setflag. :D

Ok I think I understand. And by the #dynamic 0x.... How do I know what the offset is?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ok I think I understand. And by the #dynamic 0x.... How do I know what the offset is?
Ummm, using Free Space Finder?
You need an offset to compile your script. I suggest that you take a look at the XSE in-built Guide.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
PKSV-UI. And if you're really freaking rich and you also need to look at x86 and XBOX360 ASM then you should definitely give IDA Pro a spin.

You shouldn't need to use the script generator. Work your way around. If you still have problems, check each step of compiling to see if there's no "ohmygoshidontknowwhatthisis" error messages in the "Compile" box. Then check the spelling (which sucks because each function isn't blued out, unlike in C), and then check the #dynamic to see that you're not overwriting anything?

If all else fails, redownload.

Use SMCA and then the Truck Remover. Step through the crap and you'll see what the tool changes.

And yes, I've tried it and it works.

Oh, you tried it...? Mhm.

Thanks but I already tried that the tiles just stuff up where the truck door opening animation used to be. Does anyone know a better SMCA kind of program where I can choose my exact position? :)

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I have a script, but it won't work. This is the script:

#dynamic 0x200000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
hidesprite 0x200
setflag 0x200
msgbox @text
callstd 0x4
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @text
= This is something you realy need!\l Take it!

When you talk to the person you must get a master ball. That is the part that works, but after that the person must disappear. But when I got the item he's still standing there and when I talk again I got the item again. Please help me!

IT IS FOR POKéMON FIRERED!

Now I have this script:

#dynamic 0x200000

#org @item
hidesprite 0x200
setflag 0x200
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x0
release
end

But it's the same effect.

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I have a script, but it won't work. This is the script:

#dynamic 0x200000
#org @main
lock
faceplayer
hidesprite 0x200
setflag 0x200
msgbox @text
callstd 0x4
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @text
= This is something you realy need!\l Take it!

When you talk to the person you must get a master ball. That is the part that works, but after that the person must disappear. But when I got the item he's still standing there and when I talk again I got the item again. Please help me!

IT IS FOR POKéMON FIRERED!

Now I have this script:

#dynamic 0x200000

#org @item
hidesprite 0x200
setflag 0x200
giveitem 0x1 0x1 0x0
release
end

But it's the same effect.

Your problem is that the 'hidesprite' command uses the "person event number", which is never 0x200. You can find the person event number by going into the event tab in A-map, and clicking on the person you want to hide. It'll say it right there. When you permanently hide sprites with the setflag command, it uses the person ID, however. It's easy enough to get the two mixed up :)

Edit2: A picture to help:
Spoiler:

Edit: Using a dynamic offset of 0x200000 is a very bad idea. You could overwrite very important data without meaning to. The general safe space in Firered is from about 0x800000 and up. To make it simpler, I always start with #dynamic 0x800000 when scripting, instead of dealing with a Free Space Finder.

Last edited:

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I made a map and inserted some tiles and the map looks like this: (NOTE: Pay attention to the upper right corner's flowers.)
route2.png

When I play it looks like this!
glitch1flowersarestupid.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back