• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Riolu?

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I'm rather selective about my Pokemon, so my party was still only about three strong by the time I got the Riolu egg. Lucario has a great moveset, and decent base stats.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I used it. and Lucario was probably my strongest or 2nd strongest on my team.

Elmogvy

The One That Adores A Mudkip and Eevee
Years
At first I raised a riolu from an egg, evolved it, and trained for a while. Then I took it off from my team since at that point I had no motives to raise it. I figured that having a Zaptos, Giratina, Latias, Gastrodon, Vaporeon, and Altria are okay for now : )

Pinta77

Nope. I ddn't use that one and i didnt use the other a million I got from the dream radar. Ya Lucario is good I guess but I never used one.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I have used the Riolu from both my Pearl copy and my Platinum copy, and they are permanent members of my teams.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
No I did not. I didn't want to train a level 1 up, especially since I was that far into the game. I will train it up to get a Lucario to complete the Dex.

Years
I stashed him into a PC. I have used a Riolu that was traded to me before and evolved it into his older form, however...but I have yet to withdraw my own Riolu given to me at Iron Mountain and use it.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Well when I first received the egg and hatched it, I was pretty happy about having a Riolu! But the truth is I never used it (because I'm just too lazy). I leveled it to four, maybe even five and then put it away in the PC, never to be seen or heard from again. It just wouldn't fit in my team, plus they were all in their late thirties in level.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. I did train it enough for it to evolve, but that's it. I later bred him and obtained a Naive-natured Riolu which I EV trained, though.

Last edited:

RudeStyle

Artangels
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
By the time I got the riolu egg I had a pretty solid team + I usually have a strong fighting type by that point xD

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I've personally never used a Riolu in a playthrough of D/P/Pt, as of yet. I always intend to but by Canalave I usually have a full team.

However I'm considering another playthrough soon using Pokémon I haven't used properly yet including Lucario, Gastrodon, Drifblim, Roserade, Garchomp and hopefully a Fire type as well. I have free time now so I'm probably gonna start on it soon.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I'm using it on my team right now. I managed to evolve my Riolu at level 16 or so (legitimately through a ton of massages and vitamins and a soothe bell!) and he learned bone rush for me, which was AWESOME! Personally, I can't see why someone wouldn't use Lucario at least once - he's amazing.

And to all those not raising Riolu because it would take ages... wut? really? It only took me about an hour to evolve him and then get him to about 22-25, by which time I was about to start heading for Snowpoint City. A good Lucario with about 100 attack EVs and Force Palm 1HKOs most of the icetype Pokemon on that route. That's easy training right there. He was easily only 2-4 levels lower than the rest of my team (about 38 or so) by the time it came to the Gym Leader.

He's one of the easiest Pokemon to grind up considering when and where you get him and where you're headed next..

Back