• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XI: What a Ribbiting Poll!

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
Years
Well, I thought it was a toadally awesome pun...

Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
This week's poll question was suggested by Lycanthropy, so go thank him if you like the poll! And for his suggestion, he will also be receiving an exclusive emblem. If you'd like to see your own idea used, just post or... never mind. Based on the last thread, I know that almost no one reads this anyway, so now's the perfect time to tell you that I own a cactus. It's true- I do! Anyway, post or leave me a message with a future POTW idea of your own, and if yours gets picked for the next thread, you'll also be the brand-new owner of that spiffy emblem!

Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Which are your favorite of the frog/toad-like Pokémon?"

There are only a few options to pick from this time around, but I'll still make this multiple choice in case you guys like more than one. I've also excluded tadpole Pokemon, which is why you don't see the other Polis or Tympole/Palpitoad. But anyway, now that I've said my piece, it's time for you to vote!

Etherion

Battle and appearance-wise, I freaking love the Froakie line :)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
It was a tough choice between Politoed and Seismatoad, but I decided to choose Politoed.

What I like about Politoed was that it was always a Pokémon I wanted to own back when I did not have the means to trade, so that made Politoed seem like a really valuable Pokémon to me. I like its green color and it was a fitting addition to the Poliwag family since the tadpoles could properly grow into a frog ;P

Years
Apparently there's some debate on what exactly Bulbasaur and family are, but since I don't want them to feel left out, I've added them to the poll, too. Happy voting!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Seismitoad because he looks cool and is good in rain. I have nightmares with the others, especially Toxicroak (fucker kept shitting on my weatherless teams in BW2)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I picked Croagunk and Toxicroak.

First of all I find Dry Skin a really interesting ability.
Secondly, the Pokémon brings me luck when playing competitively. For some reason I always win when I have one in my team in random battles. I should really put it in one of my regular teams.
Thirdly, it shows perfect resemblance to slaads, Dungeons and Dragons humanoid frogs that reproduce themselves by planting their embryos in humans with their long claws. The tadpoles burst out of the host's head after a few days. It might sound a bit cruel, but I find them awesome creatures.

Years
I voted for all except the Bulbasaur line, which I somehow don't think is a frog.

Anyways, my absolute fave frog Pokemon has to be Froakie and its evolution line. The design theme and also being fast attackers with a very useful hidden ability made them quite the competitive beast to the point they got kicked out of standard play.

Croagunk's line has a nice design, and a unique type combination as well. Toxicroak's cry also makes me laugh for some hilarious reason, but it does get some unique moves and techniques to utilize.

And Seismitoad... I liked the Tympole line, mainly due to their design being based on vibration and sound. Also, while its movepool doesn't exactly match well with its stats (mainly physical yet has like no physical Water moves) it does at least get some nice abilities.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
I voted for Politoed, Croagunk and Toxicroak, and the Froakie line. Politoed just looks so adorable to me, I like the Posion/Fighting type of Croagunk and Toxicroak, and the Froakie line I like all their designs, Froakie is just adorable and Greninja was very useful and I love the ninja frog design.

Years
I voted Froakie's evolution line. They're really fast and have good strength to them, too. That and I like Froakie's puzzled look on its face in its sprite :P

And I like Croagunk and Toxicroak too, they look cool and have an unusual set of resistances.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
The Croagunk, Froakie, and Bulbasaur (frog-like or not?) won my votes. I love frogs even in real life, but Croagunk was always a favorite D/P/Pt Pokemon because of its design, weird behavior, and the fact that I thought having a Poison/Fighting-type was a neat idea. And another slight bias was me owning a Toxicroak TCG card when I was younger; it wasn't anything special value-wise, but I cherished it because a friend gave it to me.

I'd loved Froakie a lot from the start, even before Frogadier and Greninja were revealed. All of my friends were on the Fennekin popularity train at the time, but I personally just thought Froakie was cuter; probably the cutest frog-like Pokemon of them all in my opinion.

I wasn't a huge fan of Bulbasaur's line when I was younger, but I now have a soft spot for Venusaur in particular. I always thought their plant-animal (planimal?) design was unique, and overall am a little partial to Grass-types.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Never considered the bulbasaur line toad or frog like, but if they're here they get my vote.

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Definitely the Greninja line. I don't especially like Froakie, but its evolutions are pretty cool - initially I liked Frogadier's design the most, but Greninja has been growing on me. I really like the whole thief/ninja look they have going on, it gives them a lot of personality.

~Psychic

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Politoed, Froakie Line, and Bulbasaur (since it's on the list)!

Bulbasaur is my favorite Kanto starter so I can't not choose it. I loved it back with Ash's Bulbasaur and then when I saw its sprite when I first played Blue I had to choose it. Venusaur I'm okay with, but I also really really love Ivysaur as well. ♥

Politoed I've loved from the moment I laid eyes on it. It was just so cute and happy (and hey that's how Misty's Politoed was!) and it's shiny looks like cotton candy it's amazing.

Last but not least is the Froakie line. Froakie is the first water starter since Hoenn that I really love ( Piplup line grew on me but I'm still not the biggest fan of Oshawott ) and it's line is incrediable. And was a really good member to have on my team during my first X run. ♥

As for Croagunk/Toxicroak and Seismitoad the former did eventually kinda grow on me but in complete honesty Seismitoad has to be one, if not my, least favorite Pokemon. Not a fan of its design and I don't see me using it anytime soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've liked Politoed even before then, but ever since generation five had been introduced, which gave this Pokémon a hidden ability, it became one of my most favorites (as far as frog- and toad-like Pokémon go, at least!).

When it comes to battling, Politoed could summon rain, just like Kyogre, as soon as it's sent out of its Poké Ball if it has Drizzle, which gives some good advantage to all water-type attacks it has access to, and also other team members that utilize them. If you have the right strategy, it makes matches kind of easy to take part in.

As for second, I would have to go with Venusaur line, mostly due to anime-related purposes. I've sort of grown attached to them.

Years
I'm not really a big fan of the frog/toad Pokemon actually, and since I don't see the Bulbasaur family as frogs, I didn't vote for them in the poll. Because of that, my votes went to the Froakie family and Politoed. I've never used either of them, but I'd definitely pick one of those two over the other frog/toad families if I had to make a choice.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Apparently there's some debate on what exactly Bulbasaur and family are, but since I don't want them to feel left out, I've added them to the poll, too. Happy voting!

Yeah the poor Bulba line always get left out from being chosen by trainers, don't want them to get left out here too :(

Personally I don't see the Bulba line as frogs but regardless, my vote went to Politoed. Like a couple other posters here it always had this aura of mystery about it back in the day - it had a cool design and was a new evolution to a line I already liked, but I couldn't obtain it because I couldn't trade. I don't think I've ever really used it much in-battle tbh (which is surprising I guess) but it's still a cool Pokemon imo 8)

The Croagunk line is a close second! I love their design and their concept, and used a Toxicroak in Platinum and had a lot of fun using it.

Back