• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ehh... Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
I was viewing a website that requires a smaller resolution that what I normally use, and so I changed my screen size so I could see all of the website. Well, after I was done, I went on to look at a different site, and I just left the resolution on the smaller size. After a few minutes I decided to switch it back, while I was on the site, and after I did, it totally messed up my screen! The pictures look wierd and blurry, and the colors are different, and there's a big black area on the left side of my screen that messes up how I view a site. I don't know why it did that... It's worked in the past when I changed resolutions. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong, and how to fix it?

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
It's very possible you went 1 step too high with your resolution, and you monitor couldn't handle it. Try changing it back the the small resolution, and go back to a higher one, 1 resolution at a time. I know windows taks off the ones your monitor can't handle, but it's not always right. My older monitor displays 2 resolutions too far from what it can handle. It still displays though, but not properly at all. Kinda like what you described.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Optic said:
More details would be nice Kayleigh...

What video card is it? And what driver version are you using?
Umm... Huh? o_o Please keep in mind, guys, that I know nothing about computers, and this needs to be explained nice and slowly, and in English, lol.

Anyways, yes, I did try restarting the computer, refreshing, all of that stuff. And I tried changing the resolutions, but each one still looked wierd on my computer.

How do I change the color mode, and what's a drive card? O_o;

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Okay, that fixed the color thing! ^_^ Thank you very much!

Now all I need to do is get rid of this black area on the left side of my screen. It's really, really wierd. I can go on all of the resolutions, it just always has that wierd space on it. I can't really describe it...

[EDIT] Nevermind, nevermind! ^__^ I was playing around with the resolutions, and it just suddenly fixed when I changed it! It was wierd, but I'm glad! Thanks for all of your help, though, everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back