• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Chime Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
chimelogo_by_nintendork15-d68wqbe.png

Hack Name: Pokémon Chime Version
ROM Base: Pokémon Fire Red (U)

*some parts of the story are subject to change; names of people and places, etc.*

Story:
Pokémon Chime takes place in the newly discovered Region of Harmo, Harmo has just become popular enough to feature it's own Pokémon League,
which marks the first Pokémon League Challenge for the Region, trainers everywhere begin to train and fight there way to victory, as the Gyms open and people begin to win badges.

The region is protected by a godly Pokémon known as Chimell, a large bell shaped Pokémon. This Pokémon's bell sound has mystical powers, to change one set thing in reality with each toll, If a human is to find Chimell and manage to ring it's bell, they recieve one wish, to change reality for good, or bad, depending on the aura of their heart.

Our journey takes place in the shoes of young, Marc/Marceline who lives in Silent Hill, home to Prof. Mazen, a teacher of all Pokémon Arts, you send him an e-mail stating your wish to become Champion, and in a kindly manner, he decides to give you a Pokémon. But, upon the hero's entrance to the lab, your friendly childhood rival Clara is there, and awaiting his Pokémon too, it seems you both have the same goals, and some dreams, how will this affect your journey, and how will you handle it?

Features:

Disclaimer: I know no ASM, so any new ''WOW'' features will most likely never happen.

- Explore the new Region of Harmo
- Catch over 50 New Pokémon
- Listen to a few OC tunes.
- Defeat Harmo's new Gym Challenge
- Stop the Evil Team Daceo's Plans.

Screenshots:
screen_4_by_nintendork15-d68wmfj.png
screen_5_by_nintendork15-d68wmfi.png
screen_3_by_nintendork15-d68wmfo.png

screen2_by_nintendork15-d68wmfb.png
screen_1_by_nintendork15-d68wmfs.png
screen_6_by_nintendork15-d68wmfg.png

Credits:
Samson - Public Fakemon
Evil-Arms - Shadox improved sprite
Nintendo/Gamefreak - Fire Red
KonjikiNoYami - Scripting Help
Dr. Fuji - Scripting Help
diegoisawesome - XSE tutorial
Spherical Ice - Scripting Help
SSJSONIC21 - Awesome Composer
Xdenix - Tiles

Tools Used:
Advance Map 1.95 - Lu-Ho
YAPE - silver314
Advance Series - Wichu
XSE - HackMew
PKSV - score_under

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Yet another hack with fakemon :) I have nothing against them, and I actually quite like them, tbh. But I like your shadings and stuff. Fakemans are a lot of work! you have to edit the icons etc. Your mapping looks very gamefreak-like and the OW looks well-edited. I cannot say this is an absolutely amazing hack, but what I can say is that this hack will go really far as long as you don't quit on it ^^ First-post advices ftw!!! xD

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Yet another hack with fakemon :) I have nothing against them, and I actually quite like them, tbh. But I like your shadings and stuff. Fakemans are a lot of work! you have to edit the icons etc. Your mapping looks very gamefreak-like and the OW looks well-edited. I cannot say this is an absolutely amazing hack, but what I can say is that this hack will go really far as long as you don't quit on it ^^ First-post advices ftw!!! xD

Some of the Fakemon are Samson's public ones. Freshet and Dinol. My only one right now is Shadox, But I'll be trying to make more Fakemon myself. Especially the legendary Chimell.
I like to keep my maps Gamefreak style, to me, it seems more appealing.

Years
  • Age 23
  • aus
  • Seen May 22, 2014
Will you Keep some gen I, gen II and some gen III pokemon

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
This Hack is looking good already. Will you Keep some gen I, gen II and some gen III pokemon

I'm not 100% sure yet. I hopefully want to add as many Fakemon as I can, to sorta give it that new pokemon game feel. But yeah, I might keep old ones in.

Berries_zps10a63a11.png

Just doing a few minor scripts.
Someone actually mentions that berries lay in the grass bumps.

Years
  • Age 23
  • aus
  • Seen May 22, 2014
By any chance is Freshet a water type and if so is it a starter. Something that didn't catch my eye was that all the Pokemon are not capital letters so well done.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
I like this alot. It's hard to come across a hack with fakemon that isn't just an edit with crappy fakes. But I like any hack with fakemon because I agree that it adds originality and the new game feel.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I like this game very much. I personally don't like fakemons but these fakemons are not crappy ones like in most of the fakemon hacks. These ones have a better quality. Keep it up on completing this.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
I like the hacks that use the original tiles of fire red, good luck on this ;)

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
By any chance is Freshet a water type and if so is it a starter. Something that didn't catch my eye was that all the Pokemon are not capital letters so well done.

Freshet is the ''average'' Water type. Like a Tentacool, only worse, because it learns next to no moves, all moves would be taught via TM/HM.

I like this alot. It's hard to come across a hack with fakemon that isn't just an edit with crappy fakes. But I like any hack with fakemon because I agree that it adds originality and the new game feel.

I like this game very much. I personally don't like fakemons but these fakemons are not crappy ones like in most of the fakemon hacks. These ones have a better quality. Keep it up on completing this.

I do hope to complete it.

I like the hacks that use the original tiles of fire red, good luck on this ;)

That's look great to me, keep up with great work.

Thanks again, for all the nice comments, for now I've been working on the pokemon script:

pokemon_firered_by_nintendork15-d64tn5b.png

I'm trying out JPAN's engine, to make scripting ''easier'' it's going well so far.​

Last edited:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hmm... from what I see in this update, did you recreate Mozart Mazort's OW or is Mazort not the Pokemon distributor person anymore?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Hmm... from what I see in this update, did you recreate Mozart Mazort's OW or is Mazort not the Pokemon distributor person anymore?

Aha! Someone noticed the name, since the legendary is a music pokemon, alot of the game will have some form of musical reference; Prof. Mazort, Silent Hill, Jingle Path, Melody Way. Medlen City.

But the OW for Mozart has changed in the screenshot because the Palette I'll be using fits Celio's current Palette, rather than the Battle Master.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I can see that you're Red as the male hero instead Gold

What?
Gold was never used? And Red is a placeholder.
The newest screenshot uses JPAN's Engine. Nothing new graphic wise has been added.

Seems really good.
Thank God, more fakemon games, I really like them :)

EDIT:
It seems people are confused about overworlds. So here:

481ebdb8cefd56d6f3797cd41e1b340b_500.png

The script plus the overworlds.
Mazort has an overworld of his own, and the player.
I've just got to make the rivals.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015

Pretty much the whole game right now.
Starter pokemon need adding and lots of kinks need tuning around with.

Pretty proud of myself, this is the furthest I've gotten with a rom hack. :')

So, in case you missed that, here's screens from the video!

elsa_by_nintendork15-d652y25.png
Cyhie.jpg
mazort_by_nintendork15-d652y1w.png
no_pokedex_by_nintendork15-d652y1r.png

Last edited:
Years
Woaaaaaaaaah the fakemon shadox looks cute :)!!!!!!!!! another fakemon hack :D yay hack looks so nice :D I wish you the best with this hack and keep up the good work :)

I have a question are sticking with the 1st gens as starters or they are still replaceable with fakemon O_O either way both are fine hehehe :D Good luck

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Woaaaaaaaaah the fakemon shadox looks cute :)!!!!!!!!! another fakemon hack :D yay hack looks so nice :D I wish you the best with this hack and keep up the good work :)

I have a question are sticking with the 1st gens as starters or they are still replaceable with fakemon O_O either way both are fine hehehe :D Good luck

Thanks! ^-^
Shadox is pretty much the only fakemon by me so far.
The starters will be replaced soon, I've just got to make backsprites.
Like so:
new_pogeyman_by_nintendork15-d654b4e.png

Frishutt
Fish-like Dog.

The new water starter. :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back