• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Does the translator even know Portuguese or are they using Google translator making a big deal out of themselves lol.

Years
Thank you for your support. We will be sure to produce a bug-free translated version at your service in about two weeks.

I sending the bugs because i whant and the community to have an stable version not with bugs. I found a new bugs and will sending to ash soon or you

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
At this point this has become a race to see who can get out a translated, bug free, version faster. I think it's a good way to speed up the translation process. Let's just let the two teams translate minus the arguments.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Wow, really?

This is not a competition. The version I am producing is the one being produced in accordance to Wesley's wishes. All those 'features' Sarcastic Prince is touting are things that are not part of the original hack. If Wesley FG wanted them in there, he'd have added them. If you want to play Sarcastic Prince's hack, which bastardizes Wesley's work, go right ahead, guys. All I'm doing is translating Wesley's hack, the way he wants it done. And to ape that features list...

My version will contain:
- Capitalization
- Mostly unchanged trainer names, that all actually sound like names.
- Existing Pokedex entries.
- Existing town names.
- No extra trainers.
- No new cries.
- No new Pokemon.
- Several fixed scripts.
- So far, no bugs. I can already tell, just from his posts in this thread, that all of Sarcastic Prince's countless additions have caused his rom to glitch up. I'm fixing all the bugs I come across, he's just making more. :P

And, Sarcastic Prince, about that 'I can't possibly do that in time' thing... I don't know why you think this takes so long. I'm just breezing through. Please don't think you can tell other people how fast I can do things. Expect another progress report tonight, though. ;)

SonicBlazePlatinum: Can you read? I never said I said anything about working with you. Wesley said to talk to you. I talked to you. You were no longer participating. I tackled it solo. What of this is hard to understand?

Again, guys, I'm not competing with Sarcastic Prince. As Wesley is not happy with Sarcastic Prince's version, I'm just translating it according to his wishes. :)

master2738

Deviant Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2011
No no snakebyte you dont understand! its not a competititon per se. but a race. and i say this because as a fan who has been waiting since...february was it? for the english translation to be finished. im so starved for the english version that im going to play whichever one comes out first. be it urs or sp's. now obviously im not gonna play LP twice. so whichever one i can get my hands on first will be the one that i play. im sure my views are the same as many of the fans of LP who like me really really want an english version. so whoever's version is released first, will be played more. while the one that is released second will be played less. so you should want to get ur version out there first so that it will be played more than sp's version (that you apparently despise so much) and thats why its a race!

Years
if ash isnt muslim pimp why r u giving him 3 wives and a girlfriend this is getting so ridiculous it would be easier if u only transalated but this is 2 much and whats with that if weasly gives u permission no one can stop u wth that means.there is no point 2 give ash a wife and 3 girls u say that u r romantic ok...what do u know about romance ur only a kid with a job to transalate this game.i dont care about ur culture and japan i want this on english on the end u willtransalate this game on japanese -.- this is not barbie game we dont need ur twisted weird romance story in this game i want only 2 battle and understand ppl what r saying in this game. if u want romantic game mad ur own game dont rdestroy this game and call weasly to read this all posts before he gives u permission 2 do what ever u want because u dont own and its not ok 2 change this game and after that ask him about permission

I don't know why did but its not right to to insult other religion:disappoin. Please mind your manners.

Years
No offense Snakebtye, but your version of the game is boring. It's just a translation of Light Platinum into English. I'd rather play a version that has decapitalization, custom names, new Pokedex entries, changes in names, random trainers, new cries (the Drifloon family + Voltorb family cries doesn't really add up), and new evolutions to included Pokemon that didn't have them before. Also SP where are Glaceon and Leafeon in the wild at since Eevee can only have 5 evolutions?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
No offense Snakebtye, but your version of the game is boring. It's just a translation of Light Platinum into English. I'd rather play a version that has decapitalization, custom names, new Pokedex entries, changes in names, random trainers, new cries (the Drifloon family + Voltorb family cries doesn't really add up), and new evolutions to included Pokemon that didn't have them before. Also SP where are Glaceon and Leafeon in the wild at since Eevee can only have 5 evolutions?
And this is where the issue with SP's version comes in. He makes it look like he's trying to outshine Wesley's version. By saying that Snakebyte's version will be boring, you're saying that the original LP, the one that WesleyFG created, is also boring [seeing as Snakebytes version is only a translation].
Also saying you want all of these extra features is basically saying that what Wesley created just isn't as good as what SP will bring with his alterations. That's why I'm backing Snakebyte all the way. Not to mention he's progressing really fast as well as doing a good job.

Years
I do think Light Platinum as a good game, it's just missing some things that would make it more appealing. I would like to see Sinnoh/Unova cries, and decapitalization mainly. I'm on Team SarcasticPrince for this one. I don't mind want the names are custom/fitting or not. I may play Team Snakebyte's but only to check it out. What I'm saying is that I'm on both sides, but more Team SP for now.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Looks like arguments are starting up again.
All I'm gonna say is that Sarcastic Prince is makeing his own version of the game while snakebyte is makeing the original translated one, so honestly whats with the ''Team Sarcastic Prince'' and ''Team Snakebyte'' garbage? Is it really necessary, we are getting one game with changes modified by SP that people CAN choose to play and we are getting a original translated light platinum that we CAN choose to play.
In other words, we can as in you don't have to play, simple as that.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Thanks, Tcoppy. This isn't about me OR Sarcastic Prince, but about the great work Wesley has done, and letting fans play it in their language. That's all he wants, and that's all I want too. :)

And yeah, can we please stop with the Twilight comparisons? They're making my face hurt.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
May I suggest that you could add a Notepad file, which includes what route has what Pokemon in it? It may help people plan out their team more better, instead of just having everyone searching every single route there is for one Pokemon? Just a suggestion so I wouldn't have to try and waste my time on searching for one Pokemon.

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
sp make it possible to get mew and it being able to evolve to mewto, early in the game. i will love you forever!!! nohomo.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years

Then sarcastic prince or you can make your own freaking game. Simple, you're insulting the original creater by calling his game boring and he's raping his hard work by slapping his name and fan idea's onto wesley's work. We can credit him as someone who's translating it but overall SP's just scribbling over a van gogh with crayons. I have no idea how Wesley is Ok with what Going on.

Last edited:
Years
The person doing the changes is SarcasticPrince not me, I'm just making an X version when SP's version is completed. I like Wesley's work but SP's additions make a decent game more interesting. And yes I am making my own ROM Hacks of FR and Emerald in the future with SP as my beta tester. They won't be as good as the other ROM Hacks on this forum to be honest but they will give something to play sorta.

R3D X

Dark Robin
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
Just started playing an english beta made by someone before and there's a few things i don't like. To translators, please don't OD on curse words. It's un-professional :(

Back