• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
So, that means should I expand the evolution methods?

You don't need to at all. There is no Pokemon that has a Mega evolution that has a regular evolution, since all Megas are for fully evolved Pokemon anyway. You don't need more than 5 per Pokemon.

If you mean should you expand the ways you can evolve, then again, the answer is no. This hack will not interfere with standard evolutions and is not related to them at all. I'm just reusing the evolution table to store this data as it seemed convenient.

Exelis'20

Cancer
Years
This looks very awesome! I've tried to insert it following what you've said at the github. But i'm quite lost with this part: Create a directory called 'build' in the project root. I can't understand this... Can you explain it, please?

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
This looks very awesome! I've tried to insert it following what you've said at the github. But i'm quite lost with this part: Create a directory called 'build' in the project root. I can't understand this... Can you explain it, please?

Make a folder called "build" in the location of the routines and such.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
I'm dying for this. I already put my mega bracelet into the game, haha. I wish you the best of luck!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Here's my animation for Mega Evolution!

XgMgzfb.gif

Some things to note:
  • It does not actually swap the sprite. Touched is rewriting it to allow for this.
  • It requires custom particles that are attached to this post. If you need help with inserting the new particles just look at the link in my sig.
  • The target must be the user.
  • It doesn't restart the entry animation of the Pokemon or play the cry.
I've tried to format it to show every individual aspect of the animation itself. To insert it, just place the strings side by side in the Rom without any spaces.

Mega Evolution Animation
Spoiler:

View attachment Mega Evolution Particles.rar

Last edited:
Years
Here's my animation for Mega Evolution!

XgMgzfb.gif

Some things to note:
  • It may not actually swap the sprite. If it doesn't, I can rejig it.
  • It requires custom particles that are attached to this post. If you need help with inserting the new particles just look at the link in my sig.
  • The target must be the user.
  • It doesn't restart the entry animation of the Pokemon or play the cry.
I've tried to format it to show every individual aspect of the animation itself. To insert it, just place the strings side by side in the Rom without any spaces.

Mega Evolution Animation
Spoiler:

That's amazing. Are you going to insert this into your Fire Red rombase?

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Man, this chinese dude is awesome. I would also love to look into the code sometime. Could you maybe post it? That'd be awesomenesssz

Agreed...

I have my doubts as to whether that is even real. Anyway, even if it is, we're not getting the source.

UPDATE: I've inserted MrDollSteak's animation (without custom particles - those you'll have to do manually). There should be another video soon.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I have my doubts as to whether that is even real. Anyway, even if it is, we're not getting the source.

UPDATE: I've inserted MrDollSteak's animation (without custom particles - those you'll have to do manually). There should be another video soon.

Thats a good point. Without giving the source (and for a bad reason) its hard to tell whether thats even real, it just looks far too good to be true. The mega evo button is even animated ._.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years

This shit is giving me anxiety, lol. I'm so stoked.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Thats a good point. Without giving the source (and for a bad reason) its hard to tell whether thats even real, it just looks far too good to be true. The mega evo button is even animated ._.

I probably won't animate the button I add, but I will make it have a different palette for each state (on/off/disabled). I don't really think you're going to lose out on anything with my implementation.

Anyway: I've fixed doubles! I guess I need to add AI support now.

Years
I'm lost. Could anyone help?
I don't know what "make" is. Do I download it? And how do I run "make && ./insert.py"? Do I have to open it in some kind of a program?

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I'm lost. Could anyone help?
I don't know what "make" is. Do I download it? And how do I run "make && ./insert.py"? Do I have to open it in some kind of a program?

Make is a utility used to automate compiling and other build tasks in order to create executables. GNU Make (an implementation of Make) should be included in devkitARM. If you have installed that, you should have it.

"make && ./insert.py" is something that you run from a terminal. It is in fact two commands. You run make, and if it succeeds (&&), run insert.py, which handles the generation of the ROM (test.gba).

Years
"make && ./insert.py" is something that you run from a terminal. It is in fact two commands. You run make, and if it succeeds (&&), run insert.py, which handles the generation of the ROM (test.gba).

Sorry to bother you again but what a terminal is? I googled around but to no avail.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
UPDATE:
So I'm basically done. It works perfectly in doubles and the AI can now Mega Evolve. However, The priority of Mega Evolution isn't exactly like it is in Gen 6 and Mega Stones can be stolen, knocked off, etc. But those will all soon be fixed. Also, I haven't added a part that checks if you have a keystone or not. So there's no way of disabled Mega Evolutions yet. Lastly, I haven't added Primal Evolutions. But anyway, this is a huge amount of progress.

Essentially the only limiting factor now is the fact that we hardly have any sprites for Mega Pokemon :P

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
UPDATE:
So I'm basically done. It works perfectly in doubles and the AI can now Mega Evolve. However, The priority of Mega Evolution isn't exactly like it is in Gen 6 and Mega Stones can be stolen, knocked off, etc. But those will all soon be fixed. Also, I haven't added a part that checks if you have a keystone or not. So there's no way of disabled Mega Evolutions yet. Lastly, I haven't added Primal Evolutions. But anyway, this is a huge amount of progress.

Essentially the only limiting factor now is the fact that we hardly have any sprites for Mega Pokemon :P

*Any decently-resized sprites
plz don't send sprites that look like they were split up and put back together

Back