• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
looking for the pokemon crystal english tablet/table. I need the tables to read the hex in translhextion so if any body has it please let me know. I've only found the one for gold... This is sort of a request but also asking for help in finding it so thank you for reading this.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
looking for the pokemon crystal english tablet/table. I need the tables to read the hex in translhextion so if any body has it please let me know. I've only found the one for gold... This is sort of a request but also asking for help in finding it so thank you for reading this.
Crystal uses the same table as every other Pokemon GBC game.

If you ever need a table, use relative searching to make your own; it's a very flexible way to instantly get a table file.

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Crystal uses the same table as every other Pokemon GBC game.

If you ever need a table, use relative searching to make your own; it's a very flexible way to instantly get a table file.

relative searching? sound simple enough except I don't know what to relate and where to search. Is there a chance you can be more specific, please?

thnk u!

Is this what's meant by "clutter" in Emerald?
roomnz5.png

That's May's room. O.o

I believe so, I thought you weren't supposed to be able to use more than 8 or so sprites in emerald successfully (meaning map would have errors or show those midgets you have in the corner or would crash the rom or mess up the point value and/or so on)

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Hi! I have a question:
Is there any way( script or hex edit) to make a tile move example:
I am making a ghost gym where the player steps of a drifblim TILE and the drifblim transports the player to a another platform!

Years
Hi! I have a question:
Is there any way( script or hex edit) to make a tile move example:
I am making a ghost gym where the player steps of a drifblim TILE and the drifblim transports the player to a another platform!
Yes it is ;) If you look at thethethethe's scripting tutorial there is a section about moving tiles if I'm right.. combine that with some applymovement and you have you script :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
How can I create new kinds of pokeballs? For example, if I want to create a pokeball that works better on fire type pokemon or on a pokemon that has rarity superior than 30!!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
How can I create new kinds of pokeballs? For example, if I want to create a pokeball that works better on fire type pokemon or on a pokemon that has rarity superior than 30!!
Unless those properties are built-in to the game for items you won't be able to do it without some sort of ASM commands.

Years
relative searching? sound simple enough except I don't know what to relate and where to search. Is there a chance you can be more specific, please?

Relative searching is quite simple. It's used to create a table like what IIMarkus mentioned.
I'd explain how to do it, but it's just easier to point you to these tutorials.
http://www.zophar.net/documents/transdocs/table-files.html
Also to do the relative searching I recommend downloading WindHex. I think it's the best hex editor for text related things.

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Relative searching is quite simple. It's used to create a table like what IIMarkus mentioned.
I'd explain how to do it, but it's just easier to point you to these tutorials.
http://www.zophar.net/documents/transdocs/table-files.html
Also to do the relative searching I recommend downloading WindHex. I think it's the best hex editor for text related things.

yes thank you verymuch for the tutorial link. I was at zophar's after IMarckus replied to me and found windhex. read something else that showed just how simple making a tablet is but couldn't find tablet maker.:( That's the only downfall however. Thnx any anyhow as this will help when I soon get the time to go back to hacking!:D

Wait this is the same tutorial I read earlier by kevtav and lost. sweet! But I just figured out I already knew all this.:embarrass I feel like a retard...

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, I've got a few questions:
1. Does anyone have a link to downoad a Giovanni in-battle sprite from Red? Not FireRed, just Red!
2. Does anyone have a backsprite picture for Silver? I know that there wasn't one in any of the games, but there might be one someone made somewhere. It can be Metal or Advanced Generation.
3. Where's a VB tutorial on this webiste? I didn't see one in the Documents and Tutorials...

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Ummm, I don't know if someone has already asked this:
Is there any block's behaviour byte that is for getting trough side ladders? like this ones:
ladders.png
Because for normal ladders is "2A" but it dosn't work for this ones.

(i'm not very falimiarized with english, so don't bother me by laughing, if i didn't write well)

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Okay, I've got a few questions:
1. Does anyone have a link to downoad a Giovanni in-battle sprite from Red? Not FireRed, just Red!
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Image:GiovanniRBYsprite.png
3. Where's a VB tutorial on this webiste? I didn't see one in the Documents and Tutorials...
Don't bother reading one from this site. Learn programming from a site specifically devoted to VB.Net instead, it's not like there's any shortage of them out there.

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
uh, about that. what's the difference between the changer and editor since I haven't tried the changer?

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
Hey, I want to import a tileset in unlz gba. It's a lot bigger than the old tileset, but when I try to import it everything goes fine, I changed the pointers. But when I went to the next tile to import the raw file (which imports fine btw, even though it's also bigger) en I go back to that picture, the old one is there again, and not the one which I imported. I can't import it, please help me!

Years
Hey, I want to import a tileset in unlz gba. It's a lot bigger than the old tileset, but when I try to import it everything goes fine, I changed the pointers. But when I went to the next tile to import the raw file (which imports fine btw, even though it's also bigger) en I go back to that picture, the old one is there again, and not the one which I imported. I can't import it, please help me!
I'm not sure you can insert tilesets in Unzl.gba, but Neti has a good tut on how to insert them in advance map.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
I think I were not clear enough. I mean just a picture, but I use Cyclone, and so I call the raw file a tilemap and the picture from where I get the parts for the tilemap I call tileset. So that's what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back