• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

300,000 User Milestone! - Celebration Ideas?

droomph

weeb
Years
Wow I totally forgot we had PE2K affiliated for a short period! Looks like that archive snapshot is from November 23, 2002. I just found an AIM log from 9-26-2002 where Kwesi first asked me the URL of one of the other forums I was an admin with (pe2k), and asked what I thought about the idea of a single community of multiple sites. So interesting to look back ten years later and see how things progressed. Tons has changed over time huh??
Hmmm... thinking about it, maybe a clue as to why we're here would be nice ^^ (e.g. Team Fail started PokéTropolis and he has a large userbase from his PC friends; therefore they're here because of PC.)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't have much ideas, seeing that I'm relatively new to this place. I wish that I joined PC a little earlier , the earliest Pokemon forum I joined was in 2006, but I was pretty young back then and in 2002. I like the idea of a special get-together, but I'm assuming that means actually meeting up in real life, which is something I may not be able to do cause I'm in the middle of the US with no car.

Maybe any member online on the day of the anniversary could get a special emblem or we could have a special 10th anniversary forum wide event and anyone who participates gets an emblem.
Like maybe a 10-year anniversary egg swap or something of the likes. (which reminds me that I haven't gotten my emblem from the Easter egg swap yet....I blame Requillity :P )

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
tbh I have no idea how to celebrate such a special event. I'm liking the idea of sharing our top ten moments here on PC though. And I'm looking forward to this year's Get Together, although also not too sure on how to make it better than previous.

Although, I was thinking about this for a few days now before mentioning it here, (it might sound cheesy and all that, and perhaps some may dislike it) but what if we were to have a community-wide collage of out irl photos. Similar to the emblem wall, we'd have to make our photo's a certain size, no as small but large enough to see them, but not too large either. But I think in a way, this sort of unites us omg this sounds so soopy. ;o and exemplifies that although we come from all across the world we're one solid unit. Plus perhaps in like 5 years time, we can look back and see ourselves aha. <3

Just an idea.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
If any is going to take part on a "retro day", I'll be glad to provide pictures and info starting from my earliest days... and probably even before XD The staff boards are a good source of crazy things from the past.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Wow, I can't believe its been this long o: I feels like yesterday I was browsing the board on Ruby and Sapphire and FR/LG release.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It might be more difficult collecting older staff members, especially if most of them have either stopped caring. I mean, they'd not really care a lot about the 10th anniversary despite it being a very grande occasion. Either way, I'm happy that PC has made it this far and is still striving.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
2012 marks our tenth

• Dedicated thread where each user would post a short history of how they came to be a part of tPC, and if it has affected their lives in some way, how.

This is a good idea. Btw I didn't know the forum already exist 10 years. I don't even know how old the internet is.
I registered a year and 10 days ago and my user ID is 273690 pretty high.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
If any is going to take part on a "retro day", I'll be glad to provide pictures and info starting from my earliest days... and probably even before XD The staff boards are a good source of crazy things from the past.

I'd have to agree with this here, would be pretty interesting to see PC reminisce back to its earlier days if you ask me.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Don't know how interesting that would be, droomph. I feel like it might be a bit repetitive, especially since so many people joined for the ROM hacks, and for those who doesn't, a lot of the threads may be dead and forgotten about now.

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
Years
Well, perhaps we can have a comittee of users and staff to plan out events. One part for a theme(s), one to organize and round up former staff, one for a PC Timeline event, one for -insert idea here- and etc.

I like your thoughts on that. It helps to have a few people coordinating individual tasks with each other

This is a good idea. Btw I didn't know the forum already exist 10 years. I don't even know how old the internet is.
I registered a year and 10 days ago and my user ID is 273690 pretty high.

Time sure does fly by! So how'd you originally hear about tPC?

Hey - I have an idea!

What if we share the first post we saw on PC aside from rules, official announcments, and whatnot that we can remember?

This is kind of random, but your idea actually makes me think it would be nifty to include a super basic question that shows where people came from: How did you find out about tpC? - Might get a lot of similar answers but maybe there will be some unexpected answers

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey - I have an idea!

What if we share the first post we saw on PC aside from rules, official announcments, and whatnot that we can remember?

Or maybe sharing the first post that made you feel a part of PC might be better?

Years
Wow, ten years! And I've only been been here for four months!

Maybe we could all try and come up with a better slogan as an event?

Or perhaps everyone could change their avatar to be a picture of a pokeball (or something similar) to show uh poketogetherness? Oh and mods could be great balls, and then higher staff would be ultra balls and master balls and whatever.

Or we could all share the first reply to one of our posts, showing the welcoming nature of the community?
I don't really know haha :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wow, ten years! And I've only been been here for four months!

Maybe we could all try and come up with a better slogan as an event?

Or perhaps everyone could change their avatar to be a picture of a pokeball (or something similar) to show uh poketogetherness? Oh and mods could be great balls, and then higher staff would be ultra balls and master balls and whatever.

Yes please <3 Except nobody else would like great balls :(

As for slogan this is what our slogan is staying as. :x But a "just cause" thing may work I guess.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I like the idea of story telling from all members, I would have soooo many to tell, just imagine what others would have to tell, I would like to know others stories of how they found PC and what their experiences were when they 1st started and now!!

Years
@Requility Sorry, that was unclear. I meant it as a "just cause" type of thing, almost like an other trivia game :cool: And maybe dive balls for mods (cuz of color) and lure balls for the uh green staff and fast balls for the s-mods (or whoever the orange ones are) and cherish balls for the red guys! And the masterball for Rukario!(wow am I uneducated in the pokecommunity hierarchy haha)

@Vaporeon7 I like your idea a lot, only problem is for the people who just joined/those who didn't have an avatar for the first month or so after they joined (like me) but otherwise it's a neat idea

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
10 years is quite a long time. The forum is even older than some of the users here. Let that sink in. But honestly, congratulations PC on 10 years, and on ten more.

Oh yes, and 300,000 users as well.

Years
I kinda feel that the anime section deserves some love. How about having a party for anime fans to tie in not only with the milestone, but also the release of Black/White 2?

Back