• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Just started Shingeki no Kyojin. Tempted to read the manga, but the anime is gripping. Loving it atm :) reminds me of fullmetal alchemist hah!
Also watching Hunter x Hunter 2011. Love this too!

Anyone got any other recommendations?

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Attack On Titan!!! Love that show... Anyways that's the only show im watching at the moment but, just to recommend my favorites they are

Fate Zero- Action Show but has an amazing plot and it looks amazing

Clannad (After Story) - A tear jerker ;-; but it only gets good in the second season but, if youre into slice of life it's great

Ano Hana - Has one of the longest japanese names eveeer but also a tear jerking slice of life

Steins Gate - A psychological anime about time travel, although it starts off slow it is an amaazing show once ish hits the fan

Baccano - A confusing but, waaay better version of durarara

Angel Beats - A funny show with good side characters. It's another tear jerking kinda slice of life but, its really enjoyable

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Currently following the still running Uta no Prince-Sama Maji Love 2000% and Chihayafuru 2. Kind of sad that the spring season is ending this week. |D This means I gotta find new series to watch. Might give Attack on Titan a try. : >

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I have missed my childhood so I am watching Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball from the first episode.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am currently watching Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, which is great :D I just finished watching the Tokyo Mew Mew sub, which was much better than the dub.

I am rereading the Tokyo Mew Mew manga and I am going to start reading the Is This A Zombie manga.

Eme

Cooler than thou
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Currently I'm watching Fairy Tail and FMA, since Hetalia apparently isn't very populat.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Going through the backlog of cute anime I've built up.

K-On!! and Yuru Yuri S2 are the priorities.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Going through the backlog of cute anime I've built up.

K-On!! and Yuru Yuri S2 are the priorities.

Kokoro connect is a cute anime with a good plot and awesome characters... it looks like K-On xD but it actually has a story....

If you just want a funny, awesome, slice-of-life, and romance anime... FREAKING SCHOOL RUMBLE XD

Oh... and i'm rewatching Higurashi >.< i'm scared...

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Pretty Cure Splash Star and Digimon Xros Wars. Not that big of a fan of Splash Star so far, but Xros Wars is great.
Ohhhh I forgot about Digimon Xros Wars. I am going to get back into it. The theme songs are EPIC!

The awesome moment when everyone is losing then this music plays them to VICTORY!

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Kokoro connect is a cute anime with a good plot and awesome characters... it looks like K-On xD but it actually has a story....

If you just want a funny, awesome, slice-of-life, and romance anime... FREAKING SCHOOL RUMBLE XD

Oh... and i'm rewatching Higurashi >.< i'm scared...

I've been meaning to watch Kokoro Connect! After Tamoko Market, Kanamemo, Aiura, and Toradora...

School Rumble was awesome! But I need to watch it again in Japanese... I also would prefer to watch it after I get over my ex, who I originally watched it with... xD

Years
Currently I'm watching both Naruto series and Death Note.
Death Note is amazing, I must say. I'm giggling like a schoolgirl at the end of each episode because of the ingenuity :P

I might try getting into Hetalia or Bleach soon.

Skull Kid

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I've been watching Guilty Crown lately, I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite animes but its pretty high up there. The action and futuristic feel is a nice touch, and the apocalyptic disease really scares me sometimes. Sadly the series isn't that long at all and I'm already halfway through. ._.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Atm, Inazuma GO Galaxy, which is definitely an improvement from the last series. Chrono Stone was too out of left field for me, and judging by the decisions to remove both Kenshin's and Mini-Max, they wanted to go back to original series' roots, which is perfectly fine with me. The original FFI Arc was my favorite part of the original series, so despite the two matches starting off rather lackluster, I still have hope.

Also, going back and completing some old mecha anime that I left unfinished. Namely, Xabungle, and Space Runaway Ideon. Also I've been holding off on watching Gundam AGE since I haven't heard the best things about it, but it is Gundam, how bad can it be?

Years
I finished the the Chobits recap episode earlier today, thus making it so I've consumed every official anime and manga form of the Chobits franchise. I've also watched Demon King Daimao (which is a silly English title choice by Sentai Filmworks since it's basically repeating itself) and Girls Bravo on Netflix. Both of those are entertaining, but not really containing much plot, just a whole lot of PLOT.

I'll probably watch something I can find on Netflix easily, and then on Sunday after my convention, I'll plow through the two weeks worth of Adult Swim shows sitting on my DVR as well as all of that Pokemon I have on my DVR.

I was reading Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon earlier this week as well, but I ran out of print volumes to read from.

Back