• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Current Platinum team: rating/suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2012
Currently, I'm post-game, all are at level 58. None of them are holding items (though I guess they should. Wish I could easily get stuff such as Choice Specs like in HGSS)

Of course, all suggestions and criticism are welcome. I feel like I'm doing pretty well for myself but that I could do better.

Empoleon
Torrent
Rash
- Flash Cannon
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rock Climb (subject to change)

Rotom
Levitate
Rash
- Discharge
- Substitute (will probably change)
- Charge
- Shadow Ball

Gallade
Steadfast
Hardy
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Gliscor
Sand Veil
Naughty
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

(I'd like to get Ice Fang in here somewhere once I get another Heart Scale)

Houndoom (I get the feeling the moveset here needs some work)
Flash Fire
Lonely
- Flamethrower
- Faint Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Crunch

A bit of explanation. I wanted a physical and special dark move, as well as something that never misses for double team spammers (though I guess Gliscor has that covered.)

That's it. 6th slot is dedicated to an appropriate HM slave.

Years
May I suggest Bibarel to cover for a HM Slave? It can learn nearly almost every HM.

You could try a Starly/Staravia/Staraptor to cover for a Fly user.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
I suggest taking out Rotom. I also suggest replacing it with a Froslass. Because your team is screwed when it comes on to a ground type. Replace Rotom, who is doing you the least amount of good, with a grass or ice type. Froslass is just personal preference.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Here's what I'd go with moveset wise to help give you extra coverage/power overall.

Houndoom - Replace Faint Attack and/or Crunch with Fire Blast and or Nasty Plot.
Empoleon - Replace Flash Cannon and Rock Climb with Grass Knot and Rain Dance.
Gallade - Replace Leaf Blade or Psycho Cut with Swords Dance.
Rotom - Replace Charge with Charge Beam.
Gliscor - Replace X-Scissor or Aerial Ace with Roost.

Hope that helps.

Back