• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
These three typos I found in the intro:
"Or I guess you could call be Professor Bamb'o if you want."

"We humans share this world with creatures known as Pokemon." - should be Pokémon.

"could no longer support a 13 year trainer."

In your house you can go over the bed and the laptop's top part has fallen off. When you go down the stairs it's a bit messed up. Just make it so you transfer down stairs, not go part way down, since you can never get it perfect that way. I tried for hours xD

In the first town the graphics are very nice. The trees and mountain tiles have great palettes. As for the buildings, they could do with a little polishing. The lab looks great, and matches the other tiles perfectly, but the players house isn't so good. The outlines are darker, windows a different style and colour, and door wider. It's also at a more 2d angle than the lab. When you enter buildings you also go over them a little. You should create seperate tiles to go over the door surround and put some depth on them so they cover the player when they enter.

In the lab you could go through the table and the walll behind it. Theo's sprite isn't crrectly implemente so he has a strange limp. I could give you a prefectly aligned grid to put your sprites on if you like? it takes ages to get right but makes your game look way better. Also when talking to Theo you turn the wrong way around.

There were these typos:

"Professor Bamb'o won't like find out you were playing with his pokeball..."

"Here is yours lil friend, Voto."

After that line the game forze.

Not to get angry, but you called my beta rushed, and the same thing happened in your already beta tested demo... It's good, but I can't really comment on the rest of the demo since it froze.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
These three typos I found in the intro:
"Or I guess you could call be Professor Bamb'o if you want."

"We humans share this world with creatures known as Pokemon." - should be Pokémon.

"could no longer support a 13 year trainer."

In your house you can go over the bed and the laptop's top part has fallen off. When you go down the stairs it's a bit messed up. Just make it so you transfer down stairs, not go part way down, since you can never get it perfect that way. I tried for hours xD

In the first town the graphics are very nice. The trees and mountain tiles have great palettes. As for the buildings, they could do with a little polishing. The lab looks great, and matches the other tiles perfectly, but the players house isn't so good. The outlines are darker, windows a different style and colour, and door wider. It's also at a more 2d angle than the lab. When you enter buildings you also go over them a little. You should create seperate tiles to go over the door surround and put some depth on them so they cover the player when they enter.

In the lab you could go through the table and the walll behind it. Theo's sprite isn't crrectly implemente so he has a strange limp. I could give you a prefectly aligned grid to put your sprites on if you like? it takes ages to get right but makes your game look way better. Also when talking to Theo you turn the wrong way around.

There were these typos:

"Professor Bamb'o won't like find out you were playing with his pokeball..."

"Here is yours lil friend, Voto."

After that line the game forze.

Not to get angry, but you called my beta rushed, and the same thing happened in your already beta tested demo... It's good, but I can't really comment on the rest of the demo since it froze.

Thanks for reporting typos, they are really annoying. But, about the game freezing THERE... nobody reported anything about that as you can see through the posts, people are much further than that and had no problems, except by a trade bug with a not important npc =/.
The only other freezing reports are of the last part of the game that is after 4h -4,5h of gameplay... Well, I'll doublecheck that event anyways...

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Thanks for reporting typos, they are really annoying. But, about the game freezing THERE... nobody reported anything about that as you can see through the posts, people are much further than that and had no problems, except by a trade bug with a not important npc =/.
The only other freezing reports are of the last part of the game that is after 4h -4,5h of gameplay... Well, I'll doublecheck that event anyways...
No problem. I walked around the lab interacting with things like the Pokeballs before talking to the Prof, if that helps?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
No problem. I walked around the lab interacting with things like the Pokeballs before talking to the Prof, if that helps?

Oh, you talked to him looking left/right (by his side)? maybe it's that since it froze right when he was going to walk left to give Theo his pokémon. Just confirm that and I'll fix it asap. It looks like any of the other 249 people who downloaded the game ever talked to him that way xD.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Oh, you talked to him looking left/right (by his side)? maybe it's that since it froze right when he was going to walk left to give Theo his pokémon. Just confirm that and I'll fix it asap. It looks like any of the other 249 people who downloaded the game ever talked to him that way xD.
Yes, I did that xD
To tell you the truth, I did it to see if anything strange would happen, but then forgot about it when it froze.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
jv, this game is very fun, the graphics are nice, but there are some problems. after you fight your first chinymunk the prof. comes up to you and gives you a pokedex when you already have one? i dont think that flager should have ember this early in the game at lv 5 it makes the game to easy, anyways great game dude.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Way to break the Scroll Bar wiith that first post -.-

Keep up the good work.

Years
JV i froze once in the lab, another error the right window of the starter home you can go through.
Another error, when i went into the grass for the first time before the Professor gives me a pokedex i found a wild pokemon, bit strange to find a wild pokemon without a pokedex?

More Errors, When you get confused, theres not like thing around your head lmfao. *EDIT* most attacks aint the moves they should be.
When your pokemon die he goes through the background map, just looks a bit weird.
And why does a bug catcher have a non bug type pokemon?
I reckon you should make the catcher have two bug type pokemon, like the same pokemon, instead of having one bug and one normal (correct if im wrong cos in the pokedex it doesn't say what type they are)

Another bug, you cant go down the escalator in the pokemon center,
You cant go in the flower shop in the first town, or the house next to it, and theres nothing saying its locked
When you go into the first cave the entrance is buggy

In the 2nd town if you stand next to the light next to the gym leaders house to the left, and on the left side of the light trying to walk leftwards you get stuck and cant move.
Most doors in this game seem to be bugged, for e.g in the 2nd town, the gym leaders house door is very buggy. Actualy it seems like the hole tile is screwed you can walk through it from any direction
You can walk on the walls in the first gym.

Suggestion, When you catch a pokemon, normally you see the ball click but when you catch a pokemon in this game it doesn't click after 2 rolls you catch it and the ball goes away.

Normally, when i obtain something from some1, e.g pokeball, you don't here the music lol :(
World map dosent work.
In the starter town, when you go back to Theos house after a while it still says his crying in there, when he would be out battling
IDK how this happend, but the move thunder shock is bugged when you obtain the pokemon that has it.
In Route 3, theres a trainer walking on water.
Found wild pokemon in the gym lol..
Route 04, if you stand next to the Pokemon trainer next to the boulder, a random trainer comes running past u and starts flying everywhere, and if you move away it goes away

Screenshots might help .
Sorry about quality, zooming in to the image will help http://img375.imageshack.us/f/screenshot1oxt.png/
http://img156.imageshack.us/f/screenshot2tc.png/

http://img812.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3ei.png/ ERmm??? whats with that house, also with the name raters house why is it a 4 story house outside when its on got one story in inside? Also house next to Pokemon center, can't go inside.
Tile error http://img524.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3rk.png/

ANYWAY THATS ALL FOR TODAY UP TO ROUTE 04.... VERY NICE GAME I LOVE IT, VERY ADDICTIVE, WILL CONTINUE TOMMOROW THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK JV! AND THE CREW

Last edited:

~Turtwig~

Hello Peoplez
Years
Another error, when i went into the grass for the first time before the Professor gives me a pokedex i found a wild pokemon, bit strange to find a wild pokemon without a pokedex?

Umm have you ever played a real pokemon game?
in hg/ss you have to walk through 2 routes and a town until you get a pokedex
and
in fr/lg you have to walk through the same route twice without a pokedex

and also thats not really even an error

Years
@ Turt it is a error, because the 2nd i am ment to walk through the post, i am ment to receive a pokedex, but instead i encounter wild Pokemon. Which bugs up anyway cos i looked at the pokedex and the pokemon i encountered didn't show up.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
JV i froze once in the lab, another error the right window of the starter home you can go through.

More Errors, When you get confused, theres not like thing around your head lmfao. *EDIT* most attacks aint the moves they should be.
When your pokemon die he goes through the background map, just looks a bit weird.
And why does a bug catcher have a non bug type pokemon?
I reckon you should make the catcher have two bug type pokemon, like the same pokemon, instead of having one bug and one normal (correct if im wrong cos in the pokedex it doesn't say what type they are)

Another bug, you cant go down the escalator in the pokemon center,
You cant go in the flower shop in the first town, or the house next to it, and theres nothing saying its locked
When you go into the first cave the entrance is buggy

In the 2nd town if you stand next to the light next to the gym leaders house to the left, and on the left side of the light trying to walk leftwards you get stuck and cant move.
Most doors in this game seem to be bugged, for e.g in the 2nd town, the gym leaders house door is very buggy. Actualy it seems like the hole tile is screwed you can walk through it from any direction
You can walk on the walls in the first gym.

Suggestion, When you catch a pokemon, normally you see the ball click but when you catch a pokemon in this game it doesn't click after 2 rolls you catch it and the ball goes away.

Normally, when i obtain something from some1, e.g pokeball, you don't here the music lol :(
World map dosent work.
In the starter town, when you go back to Theos house after a while it still says his crying in there, when he would be out battling
IDK how this happend, but the move thunder shock is bugged when you obtain the pokemon that has it.
In Route 3, theres a trainer walking on water.
Found wild pokemon in the gym lol..
Route 04, if you stand next to the Pokemon trainer next to the boulder, a random trainer comes running past u and starts flying everywhere, and if you move away it goes away

Screenshots might help .
Sorry about quality, zooming in to the image will help http://img375.imageshack.us/f/screenshot1oxt.png/
http://img156.imageshack.us/f/screenshot2tc.png/

http://img812.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3ei.png/ ERmm??? whats with that house, also with the name raters house why is it a 4 story house outside when its on got one story in inside? Also house next to Pokemon center, can't go inside.
Tile error http://img524.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3rk.png/

ANYWAY THATS ALL FOR TODAY UP TO ROUTE 04.... VERY NICE GAME I LOVE IT, VERY ADDICTIVE, WILL CONTINUE TOMMOROW THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK JV! AND THE CREW

Many stuff that you reported aren't errors or anything ^^. That wild battle IS supposed to happen. Lack of SOME animations isn't a bug as well, most other demos don't even have any. Same thing for escalators not working etc. But, you managed to report many tile errors, etc ppl didn't reported yet ^^. Thanks, all of them were fixed, keep doing that, after all you're still in the middle of the beta.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Hey I downloaded beta 2 and extracted it then my mcafree tells me it deleted a trojan then I open up the file and it's empty what's with that?
edit: I downloaded it again this time I scanned it before hand and it qaurintined a trojan you may want to check your file but after I opened extracted the file the game was unplayable

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey I downloaded beta 2 and extracted it then my mcafree tells me it deleted a trojan then I open up the file and it's empty what's with that?
edit: I downloaded it again this time I scanned it before hand and it qaurintined a trojan you may want to check your file but after I opened extracted the file the game was unplayable

The game doesn't have any viruses. I can guarantee that, neither does my pc. Some Anti Virus programs can think that due to the fact it's .exe and that it tries to install fonts on your windows folder that the game is a virus. I use AVG and never had that problem as most of the 500 people who already downloaded it. It IS safe.

Years

You got norton anti virus :D detetcs all crap that aint a virus.

And JV, yep ill keep note of that, and report mainly tile errors, but i found many trainer errors as well.

But, atm im playing all demos, and i have to say yours is way ahead of any others, (So far) i'm not far in Xeontime because i've crashed like 8 times and ive had to start all over again.. so so far your game is awesome.
Though some fakemon sprites ain't that good, but others are amazing. Expect the only real problem is sometimes you leave me wondering around the map, where to go.
Though do starters in vole in this demo, because mines lvl 18 and it hasn't involved yet ?
But so far amazing job ^.^.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
You got norton anti virus :D detetcs all crap that aint a virus.

And JV, yep ill keep note of that, and report mainly tile errors, but i found many trainer errors as well.

But, atm im playing all demos, and i have to say yours is way ahead of any others, (So far) i'm not far in Xeontime because i've crashed like 8 times and ive had to start all over again.. so so far your game is awesome.
Though some fakemon sprites ain't that good, but others are amazing. Expect the only real problem is sometimes you leave me wondering around the map, where to go.
Though do starters in vole in this demo, because mines lvl 18 and it hasn't involved yet ?
But so far amazing job ^.^.
Thanks for the words and I'm glad that you think that way ^^. Please keep reporting.

How do you get to the third gym I do not see a ferry.
The third Gym is in Bealbeach. You don't need to take a ferry. The ferry iso nly when you go to the forth gym, which isn't availble in the beta ^^.

Years
Heres some more Errors i picked up.
Probs already known.

When you in the cave where to Pokemon attack you, after you finish your battle all your Pokemon are revived even the ones that fainted.
When you die in the cave, next time you go there, your rival is there but he doesn't follow you in the cave. IDK what happens when you encounter a Pokemon because i was using a repel during it.

Thats all :D

Back