• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Categories and Forum Display

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
One question: do the prefixes have to have the same design across all the boards? Can the sectional moderators ask for a custom one?

Okay those were actually two questions bite me :p

Years
I love this new prefix system, it helps you find topics easier thanks to the bright colours. The colours are perfect but I know there's always room for improvement if you think something needs fixing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Honestly I don't like it, some of the forums (like the aforementioned Hack Studio) just look like a mess. I much prefer a simple and clean looking design when browsing. Any possibility that we will able to turn this off?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I think they all look great and makes it easier to know what kind of thread is what before you even look at the title or click the link.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
This new feature is excellent! Not only does this feature give the forums a more colourful, beautiful aesthetic, but the categories would also be a better aid at the Hacks forums when matching a patch to an original game! (I have gotten troubles when I needed to find the original ROM file to which the patch needed to be applied...)

Etherion

Looks appealing, but once you see the categories w/o buttons, they kinda seem out of place for me XD

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
At first glance I was like 'no' because the forums I most frequently browse don't have that much use for them as of yet, but I think once all the little kinks are ironed out and they're fully integrated it'll be great.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Which people will be unable to find in the bar because now if the category set with <span class="generic-prefix" style="background-color: #2d85c2; border-bottom-color: #004372; border-radius: 4px !important">DCC</span>, <span class="reserved-prefix reserved-prefix-pc">PokéCommunity</span> and <span class="reserved-prefix reserved-prefix-pc">Important</span> is the only set of categories for any forum, the bar won't display.

Basically any forum that doesn't have any categories dedicated to it won't have a bar visible. Winnerrrrr!

(And we also removed your self-proclaimed important stuff because <span class="reserved-prefix reserved-prefix-pc">Important</span> is a staff-only thing I'm sorry)

you'll never find them all jake

edit: what the flip why doesnt that code work in quotes

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I just realized that if you click on them they will give you a list of just that category which I didn't see till I accidentally clicked on one. xD Makes me like it even more.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
chuck-norris.gif

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
These are great, look really nice and really give a purpose to the category buttons! I love it! c:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Guuuys

In the Playground there is this beautiful Mafia category that was spin-offed into its own section a few months ago so, when you click it, there are obviously no results. And it's the only category in OT so it looks extra bad. Maybe you should look into cleaning old leftovers now that you are making it more convenient to check them?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I love it. It's cool to see some of the places with a ton of categories being used. All the colors are fun. :)
I'm looking forward to seeing more being added.

Now we just need to make sure new users know to properly categorize the threads they post...

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Honestly I don't like it, some of the forums (like the aforementioned Hack Studio) just look like a mess. I much prefer a simple and clean looking design when browsing. Any possibility that we will able to turn this off?

It'll be modified especially for Hacks Studio to make it far less cluttered.

He didn't ask if you could make them less cluttered, he asked if there will be a way to turn them off. Honestly, the feature itself it great. Clicking on a category to see only what's in that, but I do not like the bright-colored prefixes to all the threads. It takes away from the title and I am too busy staring at these eye-burning colors rather than looking for the thread at hand. Sorry if I'm raining on your parade, I did say it's a great feature but if we could have the ability to either disable the feature overall or just the images ... thatdbegreat.jpg

Back