• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
-Started up in Desert Resort
-Caught Tombask the Yamask
-Got Plume fossil
-Revived it into Jurassai the Archen
-Defeated Eresa (4th gym)
-Met Alder
-Caught Sunny the Solosis and Capuccino the Minccino
-Traveled to Driftveil City
-Defeated Team Plasma in Cold Storage
-Defeated Clay
-Scorpede evolved into Scolipede!
Saved Midway up Route 6

Team
Tsunamurai the Dewott, lv. 29
Tombask the Yamask, lv. 28
Scraggai the Scraggy, lv. 28
Jurassai the Archen, lv. 30
Cottonee the Fluffee, lv. 32
Scorpede the Scolipede, lv. 30

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
Years
FINALLY got white today. Bayum.

Named myself Alex, spent an hour choosing between Tepig and Oshawott, and chose the latter and called him Feral (still not sure about my choice)

Challenged my buddies and beat they asses', Grinded on those poor Patrats and Lillipups (Which are both ugly).

Beat N like he nuthin', green haired sissy, then caught myself a Purrloin and named her lolcatz. I don't battle competitively so I don't care about.. What they call em' IV's, EV's? I thought those were hospital contraptions.

Grinded on more poor defenseless wild pokemon. Then beat Bianca who only gained what.. two levels? Also wiped the floor with Cheren, btdubz who has a fantastic fashion sense. I KILLED HIM WITH MY NEW FIREMONKEY who I called Fireball, cuz he's firey.

Also I HATE the new EXP system.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
Years
I finally picked up White today too and I haven't put it down for the past four hours. I picked Oshawott as my starter and caught a Pidove later. When I got to the Pinwheel Forest(Outside Area), I caught myself a Timburr to add to my team. I did some more training in that area and beat Lenora on the second try. Right now I just beat all of the Plasma grunts in the Pinwheel Forest and I'm battling the last few trainers in there before I move on to Castelia City.

My Team:
dewott.png
Dewott Lv.22 w/Tackle,Tail Whip,Razor Shell,Water Gun
tranquill.png
Tranquill Lv.21 w/Air Cutter,Roost,Leer,Quick Attack
timburr.png
Timburr Lv.21 w/Leer,Wake-up Slap,Rock Throw,Low Kick

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
So far today, I have gone a long way. I defeated Skyla (she was a cinch with my Emolga, Eddie). Also, I *finally* evolved one of my Pokemon, Garrett. Right now, I'm searching for another Cryogonal in Twist Mountain, which is quite the feat...>.<

556_maractus_front_norm.png

Adam (Level 38 - Modest male)

587_emolga_front_norm.png

Eddie (Level 40 - Hasty male)

575_gothorita_front_norm.png

Garrett (Level 36 - Modest male)

Additionally, I added a Flying slave, Yester the Tranquill. :)

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
Years
Post 1
Hi, I didn't start posting till after I already started the game so we are picking up from Route 4.

Not much to be said, just looking for new pokes/exploring the Desert Resort

Team:
Liepard Female Lv.24
Bold
Unburden
Pursuit/Cut/Assist/Fake Out
Amulet Coin

Blitzle Male Lv. 24
Sassy
Lightning Rod
Quick Attack/Thunder Wave/Charge/Shock Wave (really regretting not getting Flame Charge)

Swoobat Female Lv.24
Modest
Unaware
Confusion/Heart Stamp/Air Cutter/Assurance

Swadloon Male Lv.24
Calm
Chlorophyll
Tackle/String Shot/Bug Bite/ Razor Leaf

Pignite Male Lv.24
Mild
Blaze
Rollout/Smog/Flame Charge/Arm Thrust
Charcoal

Audino Male Lv. 24
Impish
Healer
Secret Power/Attract/Doubleslap/Refresh

Can't wait to see Nimbasa City XD

Johnny™

Office addict
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2012
Just wrapped up Mistralton cave. Got my hand on both a male and female Axew. Plan on breeding a Dragon Dancing Scraggy now. Also, I caught the first of the muskateer trio, Cobalion, with a Poke Ball!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Entry 4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Battled Elesa and won on second go.
- Explored route 16
- Met up with Adeku and Elesa and Cheren on route 5
- Taught Munna Nightmare
- Battled and beat Cheren
- Beat the twins in the double battle
- Elesa got Clay to open the draw bridge for me
- About to enter Driftveil city
496.png
Medusa. Lv 30. Leaf Tornado, Slam, Mega Drain, Leech Seed
517.png
Petunia. Lv 29. Psybeam, Nightmare, Moonlight, Hypnosis
548.png
Lily. Lv 29. Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder.

566.png
Kaori. Lv 30. Ancient Power, Acrobat, Pluck, Agility.
-kg

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2011
Time: 10:39

Explored Castelia City. Battled at the battle company and got an exp. share. Team Plasma stole Bianca's Pokemon, so I went and battled them and got her pokemon back to her. Beat Burgh and got the third badge. Then I headed north to Route 4. I battled my way through, and actually started to use my dowsing machine. I really like it. Just walked into Nimbasa City and saved.

I have had a few changes to my team. Still not sure on a final team.

Servine Lvl 22
Woobat Lvl 22
Timburr Lvl 21
Darumaka Lvl 19
Audino Lvl 22
Tympole Lvl 21

Guy

just a guy
Years
Dear Journal,

It had been raining this morning, but that wasn't going to dampen my mood on what I had been preparing my Pokémon to do all yesterday afternoon. Ready to face Driftveil City's Gym Leader, Clay, I stormed towards the gym with Duckling, Excadrill, and Duosion on my team.

Engaging in battle, Duckling managed to knock out his first Pokémon only to be recalled when he sent out his own Excadrill. Ready for a challenge, I decided to test out just who's Excadrill was stronger. After a little give and take on our Pokémon's part, my Excadrill managed to come out on top. Sending out his final Pokémon, Duckling pulled off a swift victory, and with that, we earned our fifth gym badge in Unova; the Quake Badge.

Deciding to head to the next city, I managed to pull together the rest of my team and head forth towards Chargestone Cave. Unfortunately to my dismay, the entrance had been blocked all thanks to Team Plasma. Luckily, Clay came along and was able to free the entry way. Wishing me luck on my journey, he went his way back toward the gym while I took my path forward.

Not too long after venturing into Chargestone Cave, I was ambushed by these ninjas, who then confronted me with N who said Ghetsis was waiting at the end of the cave to see what kind of potential I had - or something like that anyway. Soon after leaving, I decided to continue on paying no attention to N's remark and came across Bianca and Professor Juniper. Wanting me to get stronger and fill up my PokéDex, she rewarded me the Lucky Egg; which by the way, I find very useful.

While in Chargestone Cave, I decided to capture a wild Joltik. Currently he's not with me, but with some spare time before my next gym match, I plan on picking him up from the PC system and training him.

I must say, throughout Chargestone Cave, quite a few events took place. My Duckling had evolved into a Swanna, my Darumaka learned two new moves and in return also evolved into a Darmanitan. Lastly, my first Pokémon I obtained from the start of my journey in Unova, Oshawott, evolved into its final stage, Samurott. Upon this mass of evolutions, my Excadrill learned a new move, Earthquake!

Finally arriving to the end of the long, winding Chargestone Cave, I came upon N once more. Here, he challenged me to a battle with all of the Pokémon he managed to catch right there within that cave. Seeing as they were new to him, I single-handedly swept his entire team with my Scraggy.

Still not understanding his goals, he rushed off after finding disagreement with the upcoming Professor Juniper and Bianca. After they made their departure, I too decided to finally get myself out of the electric-based area and finding myself in Mistralton City for the first time.

Just taking a short walk away from the city's Pokémon center, I had the honor of meeting both the Mistralton Gym Leader, Skyla, and Professor Juniper's own father, Professor Juniper! Talk about your mix up, the old man had me confused when he first called me out in the middle of the street. No bother, it was a pleasure to meet the Professor.

Currently, I'm residing inside Mistralton's Pokémon Center while I prepare to head out in the morning and see what the city has to offer. One thing is for sure, I don't plan on leaving without my next gym badge.

Until next time...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
A lot has happened since my last update. I managed to catch Reshiram, despite not wanting to catch it, and I defeated N and Ghetsis, along with the Elite Four, which was quite easy, except for Caitlin. Now I'm running around, catching some Pokemon, and I caught a Plusle since it's my swarm Pokemon. :D

Spr_5b_573.png

Munchino ♂ ~ Lv. 55
Bashful Nature ~ Cute Charm
Sing ~ Tail Slap ~ Wake-up Slap ~ Rock Blast

Spr_5b_549.png
'
Sydoredia ♀ ~ Lv. 53
Jolly Nature ~ Own Tempo
Petal Dance ~ Giga Drain ~ Magical Leaf ~ Quiver Dance

Spr_5b_555.png

Moxie Girl ♀ ~ Lv. 55
Naive Nature ~ Sheer Force
Thrash ~ Fire Punch ~ Superpower ~ Flare Blitz

Spr_5b_561.png

Lulzypop ♀ ~ Lv. 55
Quirky Nature ~ Magic Guard
Synchronoise ~ Air Slash ~ Cosmic Power ~ Psychic

Spr_5b_623.png

Gtfolurk ~ Lv. 55
Docile Nature ~ Iron Fist
Shadow Punch ~ Earthquake ~ Mega Punch ~ DynamicPunch

Props:
- Sydoredia is amazing in every single way, except I don't have hidden power.
- Munchino is awesome against Ghetsis
- N, for being a good sport.
- Not using TMs ftw.
- Gamefreak/Nintendo, for making an awesome game. :D
- Cofagrigus, nuff said.

Slops:
- Lulzypop is good early on in the game, but not so good later on.
- Sheer force lied to me. D:
- Ghetsis, for being an evil prick.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2011
I can say, that with the large load of free time today, I have brought my Reshiram to lvl 90, and it is also my first lvl 90 obtained without cheating.

I have also gotten myself a Meinshao, easily leveling it to 65. Gotta love that insane attack and speed.

But nothing too special other than that for me.

I have to say, I'm quite amazed at how little time it takes to level up your pokemon in this game-especially with the abundance of trainers.

Years
I went to Pinwheel Forest. I caught some Pokemon their and saved the Dragon Skull from Team Plasma. My Pansear, Pyro learned Flame Burst. What a cool attack! I traded the girl in Nacrene a Petilil for here Cottonee. I crossed Sky Arrow Bridge! What a cool bridge. I am now in Castelia City and I am going to explore the city.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
After I defeated N and Ghetis I went through the new routes unlocked and battled the higher levelled trainers, I'm currently searching for 6 of the Seven Sages, I've found 3 so far and have just caught Volcarona which too 3 resets (I either knocked it out or my pokemon fainted etc), In the end I taught Poison Jab to Sawk and managed to poison Volcarona on the first turn, when Sawk got knocked out I switched to Samurott and used Slash, at this point Volcarona's health was in the red so I threw a Dusk Ball at it and caught it straight away (It still took 10+ Dusk balls from the previous attempts), I've also decided to replace my Archeops with Volcarona and I replaced Haxorous with Reshiram as soon as I caught it.

My Team;

Samurott Lv57
Stoutland Lv56
Excadrill Lv57
Sawk Lv57
Reshiram Lv57
Volcarona Lv70

Years
I have been exploring Castelia City. It is a very big place. I did battles at the Battle Company and I also answered a lot of questions at the survey place. I got the dancers to form a team too.

Ryusu

Pokétopia Master
Years
Right now I am at Nacrene City about to take on the second gym soon. Gonna do a little more training.

My team at the moment:

Servine Lv17
Drilbur Lv17
Panpour Lv18
Blitzle Lv18

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
-Went up Route 6
-Got through Chargestone cave
-Battled N at the end
-Got to Mistralton City
-Fluffee evolved into Whimsicott!
-Ben'nJerry evolved into Vanilish!
-Scaled Celestial Tower
-Tsunamurai evolved into Sammurott!
-Caught Litwick and the wierd Psychic thing whose name I can't remember.
-Archen evolved into Archeops!
-Beat Skyla
-Got HM03 From Alder!
-Scraggai evolved into Scrafty!
-Got through Twist Mountain
-Caught Cubchoo
-Arrived in Icirrus City
-Entered the Gym
-Litwick evolved into Lampent!
-Defeated the Ice Gym leader... um... crap I forgot his name
-Saved

Team
Tsunamurai the Sammurott, lv. 38
Fluffee teh Whimsicott, lv. 40
Scraggai the Scrafty, lv. 39
Jurassai the Archeops, lv. 38
Ben'nJerry the Vanillish, lv. 39
Lampent, lv. 42

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I tested out the Poke Transfer and Relocator with the help of my brother's DS. I also found all the TM's (thanks to Bulbapedia) besides TM95 Snarl (as there is no way to transfer the Lock Capsule to B/W even if you have it)... There's probably some more stuff I didn't encounter yet so I'll be playing more later.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
Years
Update #2
-Made to Castelia and did some exploring
-Did the Team Plasma event and went on to beat Burgh
-Got a few Pokemon on Route 4 just to fill up my Pokedex
-Made it to Nimbasa and did a lot of training before taking on Elesa
-Decided I didn't want to train Tranquill anymore so I boxed it
-Caught a Mincinno and temporarily added it to the team
-Traded my Solosis for a Drilbur on GTS
-Beat Elesa on the first try thanks to Mincinno and Drilbur
-Got to Driftveil and Drilbur evolved into Excadrill
-Beat Team Plasma in Cold Storage then went on to beat Clay
-Got fly from Bianca and went to revive Archen from the Plume Fossil
-Evolved Mincinno but decided not to train it any longer because it would eventually become outclassed by my other Pokemon
-Got the Relocator and transfered the movie 13 Johto trio from Soul Silver and caught Zoroark
-Made it to the Chargestone cave and met up with N
-Right now I'm desperately looking for a way to evolve my Gurdurr

My Team:
dewott.png
Dewott Lv.34 w/Dig,Revenge,Scald,Razor Shell
533_gurdurr_front_norm.png
Gurdurr Lv.33 w/Bulk Up,Wake-Up Slap,Rock Slide, Dig
530_excadrill_front_norm.png
Excadrill Lv.33 w/Dig,Hone Claws,Slash,Rock Slide
566_archen_front_norm.png
Archen Lv.25 w/Pluck,Ancient Power,Agility,Quick Guard
571_zoroark_front_norm.png
Zoroark Lv.26 w/Fury Swipes,Faint Attack,Scary Face,Taunt

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Since I restarted, I'm in Pinwheel Forest searching for an Adamant Venipede with decent IVs. I caught a Munna to help me out with Synchronize.

Conch (Dewott) = Lv. 21
Valen (Woobat) = Lv. 19

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I finally finished exploring most of the new routes and town's i'd unlocked by defeating the elite 4, I also trained my team up a little bit at the giant casm forest (the wild pokemon are lv50-65), I also caught a Metang Lv65, Ditto Lv63, Piloswine Lv62.

I also defeated the Game Freak director in Castelia City, I swept his entire team with my Volcarona by using 1 X defend, 6 Quiver dances and then knocking out all 6 of his pokemon in 1 hit each (I used Bug Buzz for Liepard, Zebstrika, Simipour, Swoobat, Psychic for Simisear and Heat Wave for Simisage), I had given my exp share to my Samurott to hold so that he would gain some experience, I'm going to try the beefed up elite 4 to see how I fare against level 70+ pokemon, If I lose I'll try the same trick with Volcarona and give the exp share to one of my pokemon.

My Team;

Samurott Lv62
Stoutland Lv61
Excadrill Lv61
Sawk Lv61
Reshiram Lv61
Volcarona Lv70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back