• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Oh, hey, I didn't know I could choose two shiny starters. Aww...

Anyway, I'd love to see that quiz. I love characteristic quizzes such as that.
The trivia... eh, I'll probably pass on that, although the water Pokemon prize sounds nice.

It seems as if Jellicent's winning so easily... Oh well.

Cid

Years
Gah, I just realized how hard it is to turn down the other choices for POTW. I voted Jellicent, but I also adore Mudkip, Piplup and Oshawott. D; Maybe next week?

I like the idea of trivia events and quizzes. And the additional partner Pokémon prize! It sounds like a mini-Get-Together, haha. I would make my own little questionnaire if I had the time.

I think it'd be cute if we had a contest for the best story behind a water Pokemon! o3o
Anyone can participate. Like, someone selects a Pokemon, and gives their individual Pokemon and entire background story! c:
That'd be adorable. <3
This sounds really awesome, I'm all up for this idea.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the cluib,Pokemonranger109!!
Spoiler:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Name: Gawain
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Empoleon and Keldeo
Why do you like Water-Types?: Extremely useful for underwater studies and for my Arctic explorations and missions(in my case).
Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar and Three more for the exotic indoor pool.

In the games, there are four HM moves available in all or most of the games: Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Dive. Which one of these moves do you find powerful during battle?

Surf. Hands down. Devastating power when STAB plus great accuracy. I still love Hydropump though, even if it's a bit inaccurate.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to our awesome water part, Gawain. :3

New topic for the weekend, y'all! We're going to stick with water-type moves.

Your favorite water-type move? Why is it your favorite?

RudeStyle

Artangels
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Name: RudeStyle
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2):Empoleon,politoed
Why do you like Water-Types? They have such awesome moves, stats and they are awesome to look at ^_^
Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar.

Cid

Years
Guys it would be much more appreciated if you answer the current topic besides joining. :3

Aqua Jet, Scald, Hydro Pump and Rain Dance all come to mind. The first not only sounds really awesome, but also boasts the very useful priority for competitive battling. Scald can burn, which offers an Attack nerf on the opponent that helps with a bulky Water-type's survival (like Jellicent) in my opinion. Hydro Pump is an awesome move with okay distribution, although I like Fire Blast almost as much for personal reasons. Rain Dance might be overshadowed by Drizzle Politoed but it represents the best weather imo in the entire game so far, and I like rain in real life especially after a scorching hot day.

I don't have a favourite, I guess. I like them all.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Surf. Perfect accuracy and a strong 90 Base Power is all I need to explain about it. Although I find Water Pulse pretty cool..like the confusion chances.

But it seems that most people like Scald because of the burn chances. Reminds me of the hot water pool...Wonder if we have them at the Water Park :D I LOVE relaxing in those!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome all of you new people! <3

And I'd have to say my favorite Water-Type move depends on the generation it's being played/shown in. xD
3rd gen games, Water Pulse. I love the way it looks and sounds. In the fourth generation it'd have to be Waterfall, and in the fifth gen, Scald. c:
Scald above all of the others, though. That effect of burning is awesome. <3
Plus it's just so much fun to use. <3

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
I've never tried out Scald...
Surf is amazing. Truly amazing. Imagine using that against a Numel/Camerupt in the rain...
That'd be rare, but amazing too.
Anyway, Surf is so useful and I can easily use it so that my partners aren't hurt in the process when it comes to double/triple battles. Like Sector Revenge said, the accuracy and power is really good.

Years
Surf is my fave Water-type move, I teach it to all of my Water-types. The power and accuracy is respectable plus it helps you cross water.

Scald is also amazing due to the good chance of burning the opponent, it's a nice Water-type attack until you get Surf.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hydro Pump is my favourite Pokémon move because it is really powerful and can be learnt by most water types. When I was little and liked to have all my Pokémon with really high powered moves, I would always have Hydro Pump if I could.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years

Hydro Cannon. It might be not useful in real CBs but it looks very cool especially when in the Anime.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Scald spas? brb building those!

so i herd u liek mudkips? Mudkip wins this week's Pokemon of the Week with 4 votes! Jellicent and Piplup are close tied in 2nd, while Oshawott is last. Found a gif to replace the banner. :D

To answer my own topic, my favorite move is Water Pulse. Always leave my opponents confused everytime I use it. :D Though the move is shown differently in the Anime rather than in the games, I like how the move is done in the games imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Mudkip is so cute! cx

A scald spa would be amazing. Maybe that's the secret behind the hot springs in every game! o3o

Water pulse was pretty neat in the anime, imo. Yes I like it's animatio in the games much better, but it was still pretty cool. A literal pulse goes through the ground and water comes up from where it stopped! c:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Mine would be Surf. It never misses and it is a very powerful attack. It also helps me swim around, and it has pretty good accuracy and power.

RudeStyle

Artangels
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I always loved Surf, because the graphics of it is simply amazing! Even in the D/P games.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Name: TheAC29
My Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Empoleon, Carracosta
Why do I like Water-Types? From the first time I played Pokemon Emerald I always use a starter water-type, it's easier for me to play smooth during the progression of the game and I kinda like the designs of each Water-Type or Dual Water-Type Pokemon and I kept dreaming of fishing and caught a Pokemon instead of a fish :D
Admission Fee Paid: 1 PokeDollar

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I finally get to join the best club on PC! ;D

Name: AlexOzzyCake
Your Partner Pokemon: Buizel & Gyarados
Why do you like Water-Types? I know this reason's boring, but it's just because of how cool they look. I don't really care about how they fare in battle etc, but they're often very uniquely designed and have interesting quirks in their anatomy which I find very cool. For example I recently found out that Poliwag's skin is see-through when wet and you can see its organs as a result; its quirks like this that only Water types really have which make them a very interesting type.
Admission Fee Paid: 5 PokeDollars The rest can go to charity

This seems to be the current topic...

I know it's a boring one, but I like Aqua Jet. As I said before I don't really care much about the battling side of things when it comes to favourites, but Aqua Jet is such a powerful and crisp move that just looks utterly amazing when performed correctly. And after watching Ash & Oshawott bond over perfecting the move, it'll always be a huge favourite of mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back