• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Cameo Appearances?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
This has been a reascending theme in pokémon for a while now, but lately, we've seen a lot of appearances from the characters of the old games. For example, we saw Jasmine in gen 4, and in Gen 5, we've practically saw every gym leader and champion from the past pokemon games. We've been seeing the Sinnoh champ Cynthia a lot, especially.

So, do you think that they will make more cameo appearances in these games? Who would you believe will make a brief appearance? For example, maybe we can see the main protagonists from the past games, other than Red? How about other important characters like past rivals? (ie. Silver)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I'd love to see a return for Silver/Kamon. He's perhaps the darkest character in all the Pokémon games and it'd be great to see how his character has developed. I'd like to see if the end of G/S/C was correct and he reformed or if he went back to his dark ways, he could even be the leader of the team of cronies if necessary.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Game Freak seems to have a thing for Cynthia, so I think we'll see her again. I also think we'll see Professor Oak and Professor Juniper at some point. Maybe a person from Hoenn like Steven or even Mr. Briney too (a hit for remakes?)

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I might be wrong, but I thought the girl who followed the player character at one point in the trailer was Rosa from B2/W2 (well... she had the same hair as Rosa) .

Sirfetch’d

N I think might show up idk why I just have that feeling, Cynthia is a lock because GF loves her, but eh who doesn't? She is amazing.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
My freind suspects, guess who.............
The idiot known as lyra
(No offence to lyra)

Years
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing at least one or two of the other region's Champions (Cynthia, Alder, Steven), and one or both of Professor Oak and Juniper. I think N could be another realisitc possibility, but would probably play a smaller role than expected.

The only one that I'm confident that we'll end up seeing is Looker- being a member of the International Police and whatnot.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing at least one or two of the other region's Champions (Cynthia, Alder, Steven), and one or both of Professor Oak and Juniper. I think N could be another realisitc possibility, but would probably play a smaller role than expected.

The only one that I'm confident that we'll end up seeing is Looker- being a member of the International Police and whatnot.

Backing you up on looker

Spoiler:

Years
I'd love to see a return for Silver/Kamon. He's perhaps the darkest character in all the Pokémon games and it'd be great to see how his character has developed. I'd like to see if the end of G/S/C was correct and he reformed or if he went back to his dark ways, he could even be the leader of the team of cronies if necessary.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. I was hoping they would shed a bit more light on this in HG/SS, but they didn't. Something tells me he wont be in this particular game, though.

Aside from that:

-Professor Oak, which is almost obligatory
-Steven/Wallace, or one of the Hoenn Gym Leaders
-Hilbert/Hilda, because why not and I sort of want to see if any comments will be made on the similarities between Hilbert and the male protagonist

Can't say I really want to see Cynthia, seeing as she's been in literally every game since D/P.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I hope we see lance again..

Oh I'm really hoping for Officer Jenny for once! Or Brock! Or Both; married and with kids or something hahaha!!

And the dude that makes pokeballs from acorns, I don't know why but I have a soft spot for him and the dude from the safari zone.. poor old guys!

Seeing Giovanni again would also be awesome!!

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I think it'd be cool if they brought back numerous people from the games like Team Rocket and what not and maybe Magma and Aqua, you know stuff like that.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'd like to see N make a reappearance of course, as well as Colress, also if they kept the world tournament that would be a great idea too, more cameos the merrier.

Zet

Years
Well since Fantina can speak french, and the game is based on France(and she could be from there), I think she will make a cameo appearance.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
And the dude that makes pokeballs from acorns, I don't know why but I have a soft spot for him and the dude from the safari zone.. poor old guys!

Yeah, having those would be fun! Maybe his distant cousin or something?

Maybe N will appear again! I can see it either way. I have a feeling that maybe Alder will show up, though maybe he's busy teaching in Unova. I think we might have another Oak sighting, surprised he didn't show up in the previous generation n_n

@Zet: Ooh, that's a good point. If she's not important probably in like the main city or something, maybe near the Pokemon tower resembling the Eiffel Tower?

Last edited:

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I think Cynthia and Alder will appear, and you can probably battle them also, or at least Cynthia. But I kind of want to see almost everyone... like N, and some gym leaders from Sinnoh and Hoenn. Like what Zet said about Fantina, she would be interesting to meet.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Hoping Cynthia, as she is my favorite Champion. We'll probably get a quick visit from N. He has a huge fan following now and, last time he checked in, he was contemplating meeting up with Hilbert/Hilda, who is also abroad.

Now that we've got the likely ones out of the way, I wouldn't mind seeing what Cheren or Bianca are up to nowadays. Prof. Birch hasn't been seen for a while either. I doubt we'll actually see previous protagonists. They're supposed to be empty vessels we place ourselves into, so seeing one moving around, talking, and acting autonomously would be super weird.

The last time Game Freak did that was with Red in Gen2, the remakes, and in the PWT, and I don't even know if that qualifies. I mean, he didn't talk or move in GSC and the remakes, and he just followed what everyone else did in the PWT, so that's not really autonomous. They'd certainly be breaking the mold if they gave a previous protagonist an actual personality and individual motives though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want to see N appear. I don't think he'll be such a big character in Unova and suddenly disappear in future games honestly. Even the shadow triad lmao.

Back