• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Highlander II: Renagade Edition

This is the re-edited version of the movie

I've seen both versions of the movie now, and while, neither cut seems to do it for me. This sequal is just plain ungraceful.

Everything in it just screams forced sequel. Even if you change the fact that they are now not supposed to be "Aliens" from another planet, It still feels like a really forced plot device for a sequel. The Villain, General Katana, isn't as much fun to watch as "The Kurgen" (Admittedly one of my favorite on-screen villains of any movie. ) It just feels like they were trying to make a character that was even more over the top. They succeed, but the character is supposed to be a general in a war, and I just don't get that from his character at all. He has his moments, but overall I feel he's just trying to be Kurgen 2.0, and he just doesn't have it.

Nothing in this movie seems genuine. Connery's return, The new love interest, the subplot, nothing. That's not to say I didn't enjoy Connery, he was probably the strongest part of the movie, with all his scenes bringing at least a smile to my face.
Spoiler:

It's just too forced of a sequel, although I will give it props for being the only sequel to not retcon any of the original lore. It's no longer cannon though so I guess that's just the way of it. (All Attempts to fix the series after this only lead to retcon, after retcon, after retcon.) 4/10

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
The Secret World of Arrietty! :) One of the best hand drawn animated Ghibli movies I have ever seen! :D it should be on everyones watch list! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How To Train Your Dragon was on tv the other day, so I got to watch that. :) If you know me, you know that's one of my favorites, so I was bouncing off the walls when I saw that it was on. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Earlier today I watched Dolphin Tale with my sister. I'm a sucker for animal stories, so I had a tissue box next to me.

Years
Dead Poets Society

Had to watch it and take notes on it for one of my school classes. I got so caught up in the movie that I forgot to take any notes. It's actually a very good movie.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
it was x-men 3 Last Stand which was like the 5th time i watched it. its still great though ^^

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Get Him to the Greek

Ehhhh...It was alright. I like Russell Brand. I like Jonah Hill. I didn't really care for this movie. The comedy was pretty hit-or-miss and the plot was just okay.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Wreck-It-Ralph

Finally rented and watched this yesterday, and I can say I loved it. The best part for me was all the video game characters, like Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Sonic and many others that I got to see, even if they were only on screen for a few seconds.

Years
Easy A. It's surprisingly good for a teen drama that shamelessly name-drops the novel it's loosely based on. Fairly witty dialogue without getting too Whedon-esque. I'd recommend it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Happy Gilmore.

I've seen this movie a couple times before. Was watching it with my family Saturday and it's still as funny as the first time seeing it. Adam Sandler's early movie are his best stuff. 1990s- mid 2000s was when his movies were still good imo.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
The last movie I watched was Les Miserables back in January with my cousin. Huge tear-jerker, but it was still a fantastic movie. Loved the soundtrack; bought it as soon as I could. I'm considering reading the book, but it's such a tome...

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Mars Needs Moms

My Sister was watching a movie in Disney while I'm taking lunch. And I got hooked in the movie it was pretty good the animationa nd graphics of the movie was great I like the story line as well good for kids. :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult

Great movie with the late Leslie Nielsen. Great comedy that parodies different movies much like the Scary Movie series but much better. definitely recommend if you like good comedy.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
The Girl Next Door

I watched it yesterday just for the sake of watching it again since it was the movie that ushered me into puberty. I still love it and the true meaning of moral fiber is still admirable.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
James and the Giant Peach. Not nearly as good as I remember it being when I was little. I couldn't even finish it honestly lol.

andromeda

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
I watched the Oz fantasy movie. It was a great cast.

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
The last movie I watched was the Great and Powerful Oz... it was decent but I thought the story could have been better for something that had such high production value and a classic to live up to.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Good movie, and some pretty disturbing scenes. It's actually a good horror movie that I enjoy. I recommend if you like gore, cannibalism and disturbing scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back