• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Hey everyone! If you are interested in helping out with this hack and are very good at ASM and Debugging, please go to the Team Discussions page and sign up!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Big update today!

1) Fixed the only bug that we had at the moment, which was removing your current eevee for an eevee evolution and that has been completely fixed (thanks to karatekid and JPAN)
2) Completely added Glaceon to the hack.
3) Finished mapping the third city map! It's called Berry City.
4) Fixed the positioning of the titlescreen word "Discovery" so now it's centered (thanks to Diegoisawesome)

Go Team Discovery! An alpha will be released in the next week or so. Pushing it hard guys I'm trying !

Le pug

Years
This hack look so good and i like the take on a military story based story can't wait to play good luck to you. :)

Thank you, right now I'm working hard on it trying to dish out a beta at least by next week or the week after. Just finished main storyline events and scripts for first town :D it was a pain though -_-

Le pug

Years
Added the day and night system to the hack! Almost done with scripting the Excultus Village maps.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I am waiting impatiently for the hack, but I know it will be worth it.
Trust me, it will be worth it. There will be a beta/alpha coming soon. I can't say how many gyms it has because we aren't implementing gyms per say, but it will have a good ammount of time for a beta.

There will be an Old Lady who will go around and sell goods to the player throughout his/her journey. She will be at most of the cities, so be on the look out for her, because there are no pokemarts!

Gexeys

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
You should consider removing all of the tiles in the last screenshot, they look extremely out of place, don't fit in well with the style of the game nor the style of the other tiles.

Le pug

Years
You should consider removing all of the tiles in the last screenshot, they look extremely out of place, don't fit in well with the style of the game nor the style of the other tiles.

I can see why you'd say that, but once you play the hack you'll understand. The people of that city have been on the island the longest, centuries even. So they've been able to adapt to their situation and create and develop a clean and prosperous society.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Hey all! Just wanted to let you know, I played a short demo for Le Pug over the past few days to look for bugs and try to find any improvements our team can make before a demo is released to the community. What I found was un-friggen-believeable. You will not be disappointed when you get the beta! Story is great and mapping/tiles are beautiful. Stay tuned! Our team is working diligently to get the demo out ASAP!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Next beta for me to test out yet?

If you're the Beta Tester, I believe you'd be contacted.

Anyway, I've always looked at this thread, and never actually commented.

I love it! The concept is very original, never seen anything like it.
The graphics and maps work well together, and this seems like a good hack.

I can't wait for a full release one day!

Le pug

Years
If you're the Beta Tester, I believe you'd be contacted.

Anyway, I've always looked at this thread, and never actually commented.

I love it! The concept is very original, never seen anything like it.
The graphics and maps work well together, and this seems like a good hack.

I can't wait for a full release one day!

Thank you. I'm trying to work as hard and fast as possible to get at least a public beta out within the next week or so. I'm actually merging over from ruby to emerald right now because emerald has better asm and will be easier to port awesome stuff from FR and make the hack even more exciting!

Le pug

Years
The port from ruby to emerald is almost complete and because it was a "Fresh" start on things, added some new scenes, sounds, and fixed anything I didn't like. Things are running greatly! Also we have decided to extend the rom so now the rom is a 32mb and will require a UPS patcher like NUPS in order to patch n play.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
The port from ruby to emerald is almost complete and because it was a "Fresh" start on things, added some new scenes, sounds, and fixed anything I didn't like. Things are running greatly! Also we have decided to extend the rom so now the rom is a 32mb and will require a UPS patcher like NUPS in order to patch n play.

Aww UPS I hate that darn thing XD. But Your hack looks great, Im a Eevee Lover, So I will for sure play it. I cant wait but I must be patient lol...

Spoiler:

SPOILER FAIL oh well who cares...-_- I do...

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Aww UPS I hate that darn thing XD. But Your hack looks great, Im a Eevee Lover, So I will for sure play it. I cant wait but I must be patient lol...

[SPOILER/]OffTopic... Your tile inserting routine is amazing it helps a lot but I cant get it to work on Fire red lol(No I don't ask of help this is the wron thread but just saying your pretty cool Le pug :)[/SPOILER]

SPOILER FAIL oh well who cares...-_- I do...

lol just take out the forward slash in the first spoiler and it's fixed. yeah i know people hate ups but i'll post all the necessary downloads to get things rolling. Thanks and I'm glad you like it thus far, I'm sure you'll love the hack. And it should work on fire red, if not then just post any problems in the tutorial i made and I'll answer your questions there.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Yet another amazing hack. Very nice work I see here! ;D

I really admire the application of the military into the hack, as I've been wanting to do that in my hack for the longest time, just with the Army instead of the Navy. *Huge military buff here*

The artwork of the two sailors is really cool! I can tell you that the guy in the tan is an officer in his NSUs, and the other is in his summer crackerjacks… I just know that from talking to a recruiter though. Much more of an army person here~

Le pug

Years
Yet another amazing hack. Very nice work I see here! ;D

I really admire the application of the military into the hack, as I've been wanting to do that in my hack for the longest time, just with the Army instead of the Navy. *Huge military buff here*

The artwork of the two sailors is really cool! I can tell you that the guy in the tan is an officer in his NSUs, and the other is in his summer crackerjacks… I just know that from talking to a recruiter though. Much more of an army person here~

Ty I'm glad you like it and yeah, you guessed right lol NSUs and dress whites. And army is cool with me; i have a cousin thats in the national guard and they treat him well. I hope you get a chance to play and tell me what you think! I see you just recently released a new alpha for your hack after what seemed like a long break? I wish you luck on your hack too! It looks great so far :]

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Ty I'm glad you like it and yeah, you guessed right lol NSUs and dress whites. And army is cool with me; i have a cousin thats in the national guard and they treat him well. I hope you get a chance to play and tell me what you think! I see you just recently released a new alpha for your hack after what seemed like a long break? I wish you luck on your hack too! It looks great so far :]

Thanks! I'll hopefully get to play it tomorrow (when I'm not busy ROM hacking), and I'll definitely post my full opinion of it, from start to finish. :)

Back