The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old June 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
King Of Pokemon
Pokemon King

Nature: Lonely
Is this a good platinum team? It is as follows
-Empoleon: Surf, Hydro Cannon, Metal Claw, Drill Peck.
-Roserade; Grass Whistle, Magical Leaf, Toxic, Poison Spikes (Poison Spikes to be replaced)
-Garchomp: Flame Thrower, Fire Blast, two Rock/Ground moves
-Chimecho: Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Rest, Sleep Talk.
-Honchkrow: Fly, Wing Attack, Sucker Punch, Faint Attack.
-Toxitoad: Brick Break, Revenge, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb

What do you think, I'm open to suggestions and I'm attack oriented
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:44 PM
LittleChiro
Unhatched Egg

Some of your pokemons doesn't really needed 2 of the same type moves.
Empoleon: I don't use it much, so i can't say much about it except that he's more a sp.atk sweeper so having 1/2 of his moveset as physical atk isn't a great idea
Roserade: Lose the grasswhistle and magical leaf, he has high sp.atk too so get him moves like sludgebomb, leaf storm, or energy ball. Either toxic or poison spikes(personally I'll keep spikes) can be swap with a recovery move since toserade can be quite tank.
Garchomp: he's more of a physical sweeper, get him earthquake and dragon claw/outrage. Keep your flamethrower as type coverage. And finally sword dance for boost in attack.
Chimecho: if you're seriously going for that kind of moveset, just change the pokemon for slowbro or bronzong
Honchkrow:just change wing attack to something else
Toxitoad: get him earthquake, lose the revenge, he's not tank enough to take the hits. Prob change sludge bomb to sword dance, he's phy.atk based

Last edited by LittleChiro; June 8th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:55 PM
King Of Pokemon
Pokemon King

I plan on replacing Roserade with a Luxray
This is useful info for a competitive team, but this is just for the gyms Ect.
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Hikamaru
ラグラージ
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
This team is looking alright so far, but Chimecho's stats are actually pretty bad imo. I mean, check its data and you'll see what I mean. If you want a better Psychic, try getting an Alakazam, which you can catch and evolve from Abra. To evolve into Alakazam it does require trading so if you can't trade then I guess you can't get one.

Also, for a more defensive Psychic, you can try Bronzong, or even catch yourself a Ralts on the route east of Hearthome City and eventually evolve it into a Gardevoir or Gallade, which have pretty good movepools (Gallade especially, since he learns a lot of attacks) plus there's also Espeon, which you can evolve from the Eevee you get from Bebe by maxing out its happiness at daytime. Remember, Eevee can be obtained as you as you reach Hearthome unlike in Diamond and Pearl.

So yeah, quite a few options for Psychic-types in the game.

Also, Toxitoad is not really called that. It's Toxicroak.
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM
King Of Pokemon
Pokemon King

Thanks, Changing Chimecho is one of the things people have been telling me to do, so i guess Chimechos leaving the group.
You see, when I play Pokemon, I try to keep all my Pokemon from that particular region.
Alakazam and Espeon are good Psychic-Types, but to keep all my Pokemon from Sinnoh, I'll use Bronzong.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links