Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old November 8th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
TonyMHFan

I am pretty happy with this series. I'm not a huge MARVEL fan and I've never seen the Avengers or other themed movies, but it's been pretty fun to watch.

I find it pretty amusing to read some of the talk going around with the people who really dive deep into MARVEL who offer less than favorable reviews on the show as it doesn't follow the particular direction I assume most MARVEL-y things do.
Old November 9th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
Esper

Quote originally posted by TonyMHFan:
I am pretty happy with this series. I'm not a huge MARVEL fan and I've never seen the Avengers or other themed movies, but it's been pretty fun to watch.

I find it pretty amusing to read some of the talk going around with the people who really dive deep into MARVEL who offer less than favorable reviews on the show as it doesn't follow the particular direction I assume most MARVEL-y things do.
You're missing out on some references by missing the movies, particularly The Avengers, but it's kind of interesting to see someone who watches the show without knowing anything else. I'd love to know what else you think about it.

And it's weird to think that people who like Marvel stuff wouldn't like the show, particularly since it's been run by the same guy who directed The Avengers, which got a lot of praise.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 12th, 2013 (12:12 AM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
As a big fan of Marvel, I am enjoying this show a lot. Coulson is my favorite character, followed by Skye. I like getting little hints each week about what happened to him since the events of The Avengers. I do find FitzSimmons to be very annoying, and they were over the top annoying in last week's episode. Needless to say I consider it the worst episode of the season so far. My favorite so far is episode 3, "The Asset".
Old November 12th, 2013 (10:15 AM).
Esper

I'm hoping that there is some kind of connection or at least a nod in the next episode to what happened in Thor: The Dark World. Not gonna spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but with all the references to the movies that the show makes I would be surprised if there isn't something.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 13th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Between last week's episode and the one that aired last night, I think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is finally hitting its stride. While most episodes improved on the one before, there was always a feeling of disconnect in my opinion. Last night's episode really showed the aftermath of last week's developments between the characters and gave a better sense of connection. While at the same time furthering more character development and forming a mutual respect between Fitz and Ward. Plus the mystery surrounding Coulson and Skye's parents took some small steps forward.

I'm pretty excited for next week's episode as it deals with the aftermath of Thor: The Dark World.
Old November 13th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Esper

^ I was gonna say a lot of that myself.

It does really feel like it's hitting its stride now. The only thing that would slow it down for me is if they unnecessarily delayed revealing some of these secrets about Coulson and Skye. They could easily give us more before the end of the season and still have more mysteries pop up as a result. Plus I expect by 5 or 6 more episodes we'll have firmly gotten into a much more dramatic story arc.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links