• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Can you post the script, it would help
Wha-?
Are you serious? It's just a Cut tree script -_-
I didn't change anything at it

Here's a screen of where it freezes:
error2.png

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
...Here try this before doing anything, find some map that still has a cut tree that you didn't modify at all, copy the script number into the tree that you are trying to fix. If it works it must be a problem with the script...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
...Here try this before doing anything, find some map that still has a cut tree that you didn't modify at all, copy the script number into the tree that you are trying to fix. If it works it must be a problem with the script...
Then it's a script problem. I don't know why, I haven't changed a thing though.

Maybe I'll have to write a new Cut tree script... I hope not.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Telling us the whole details of what the person event contains would help. (Like the unknown value, Person ID, movement fields. etc.)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Try changing the movement from Look Down to No Movement. (Sometimes works.) If that doesn't work then I have another solution.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
My Variables keep resetting after saving + reloading a game. = Level Scripts messed up.

They work only once in the actual game, but then if I save and re-enter the map the sequence starts again, which is rather tedious.

How do I stop this? D: Why are they setting back to 0x0?

Note: This is only variables 8005 and 8006, is it a number problem?

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Hi, I want to change the colour of the footprints that the hero makes in sand from yellow(sand) to grey(snow). How can I do this?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
My Variables keep resetting after saving + reloading a game. = Level Scripts messed up.

They work only once in the actual game, but then if I save and re-enter the map the sequence starts again, which is rather tedious.

Are you using save states or internal saves?
Try using different variables.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

Variables above and including 0x8000 are used by the game's specials so they won't be good options for long term storage. I recommend variables around 0x7000 because, as far as I know, none of the games use them.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Variables above and including 0x8000 are used by the game's specials so they won't be good options for long term storage. I recommend variables around 0x7000 because, as far as I know, none of the games use them.

Thank you ^^ I added on flag checks to stop those scripts acting out of place but from now on I'll use lower variables ;D

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Norinin said:
That's probably because "Foe" is only 3 bytes of data that reoccurs randomly throughout the ROM. Go to to the offsets where you changed the other dialogues, search for "Foe" again and pick the one closest to those offsets, try changing that to see if it works. Naturally, be sure to back up your ROM first.

EDIT: A better method would be to search "Foe POKEMON used" take the data for the buffer from "Wild POKEMON appeared!"

I don't really get what you said. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Hello everyone! I have a problem! I started my hack and here is how it goes. I receive my pokemon from the professor (BTW I haven't enabled the explanation battle as it is in firered and don't know i if that matters) I leave and there is a trainer on the next route... The thing is that if i encounter a pokemon before battling him, my character kind of switches of with the trainer!!! Any solutions?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Try changing the movement from Look Down to No Movement. (Sometimes works.) If that doesn't work then I have another solution.
Doing that also doesn't help.
I think I'll VM you about the solution.

EDIT: I've found out even more. It seems that, when I talk to the tree from above, left or right sides, the game freezes. But if I talk to it from below, the game resets O.o

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello everyone! I have a problem! I started my hack and here is how it goes. I receive my pokemon from the professor (BTW I haven't enabled the explanation battle as it is in firered and don't know i if that matters) I leave and there is a trainer on the next route... The thing is that if i encounter a pokemon before battling him, my character kind of switches of with the trainer!!! Any solutions?
Try to change movement of the NPC.
If it's not gonna work enable the explanation battle or remove pokemon data before the trainer =)

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
Hi! I've gotten myself all confused and lost, but here goes.

I'm hacking Sapphire and I used Adcance Starter to change the three Pokemon to Pikachus. This works and you battle the pokemon with no glitches, no holdups, nothing.

What I want to do is edit the script for when you warp back to the LAB and talk to Birch. Basically, I've renamed him everywhere else but I can't find the script for his speech at all!

If someone could help me / tell me where to find the script, (the one that says 'you pulled it off with aplomb, would you like to name your ____) I'd be really grateful!!!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

Copy the trainer's settings from some other similar trainer in the clean ROM.

Yeah, all variables past 0x7FFF are temporary ones and should not be used to store permanent values.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hi! I've gotten myself all confused and lost, but here goes.

I'm hacking Sapphire and I used Adcance Starter to change the three Pokemon to Pikachus. This works and you battle the pokemon with no glitches, no holdups, nothing.

What I want to do is edit the script for when you warp back to the LAB and talk to Birch. Basically, I've renamed him everywhere else but I can't find the script for his speech at all!

If someone could help me / tell me where to find the script, (the one that says 'you pulled it off with aplomb, would you like to name your ____) I'd be really grateful!!!

First, if you haven't chosen a script editor yet for A-Map,
Open A-Map>settings>choose script editor and browse for XSE.
Open your Sapphire rom and load the Prof. Birch's lab map. The script you're talking about is the level script, am I correct? Go to the header tab and Underneath 'map script' toggle between the scripts and you should come across it by clicking open script.
More specifically, the offset is $152CBE
Decompile and edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back