The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old February 10th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Aj Harold
The champ

Nature: Calm
I think the creator is currently taking break! Maybe he'll start working on it later!
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:41 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I dont know if I mentioned this previously but the Orange Islands are shaped like the infinity sign (a 8 on its side) with East and West seperated by Mandarin Island. As it sits now ALL of East Orange Islands are complete. to include scripting, 2 gyms, several hidden events and puzzles.

I have just completed 2 of the 4 main maps for Mandarin Island, I still need the other 2 OW maps and a massive cave system where the bulk of the story will take place. but its coming along nicely. several new mini games and cameo appearances from characters that were in the Anime.

For those concerned about playing the same FR story before you get to the orange islands, I have added several new events. The mystical birds are tied into the Orange Islands. there are a few side quests you can undertake by talking to various guards. they will enlist your help in taking out some strong pokemon in the area.

currently the Orange Islands have none-few wild pokemon. this is something I will do when I get all the maps finished. so I can see the big picture. as yo umay know, all gen 2 pokemon will be in the orange reef. aswell as any gen 1 pokes I feel the need to put.

The only thing I have done for West Orange Reef is the a partial map for west mandarin and some scripting for a few events that go in the west... quite a ways to go before its done but its nice to be back working on it again.

~Completed Projects:

Old February 17th, 2014, 06:39 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Im adding MANY sidequests to the regular firered story... here are some teasers (the vids might not make since, but some of them are just testing and it wont work exactly like this)

and heres a teaser for east mandarin town

If that doesnt wet your appetite (or atleast impress you with my scripting skillz) than make your own hack and ill be sure to play it

~Completed Projects:

Old February 18th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Do you want a helping hand from me? I am a busy with my hack but maybe i'll be take out some time for you bro, because i love your hacks.
Old February 18th, 2014, 06:39 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

I dont really need any help... i recruited a mapper recently... cause im not a big fan of mapping. (I can do it tho).

Ideas dont hurt any good sidequests or ideas for items that do stuff.

I made a chisel the works as rock smash... and i wanna make a machette to cut tall grass but i cannot find the script that cuts tall grass. if you know where it is id appreciate it lol. These items are for a trading sidequest... so they dont replace the hms. Infact you wont keep them long.

~Completed Projects:

Old February 19th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Red7381

Nature: Serious
Will you have a download link when it is completed?
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:50 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Yes, this hack will be available everywhere

~Completed Projects:

Old February 19th, 2014, 02:05 PM
2012maniac

In the video with the evil Beedrills, can you complete the quest if you capture the shiny "boss?"
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit...%23Dragons_Den

Old February 19th, 2014, 02:34 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Yes, killing and catching counts as a win... running does not

~Completed Projects:

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Red7381

Nature: Serious
Great hack so far quick question will you update the sprites to dpss?
Old February 19th, 2014, 04:06 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Probably not. Remaking sprites is alot of work for little reward. Whats wrong with the fr sprites. I like hacking for content and usability, not asthetics.

you are playing 3rd gen hack... play with 3rd gen graphic lol

~Completed Projects:

Old February 20th, 2014, 04:28 AM
2012maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
Probably not. Remaking sprites is alot of work for little reward. Whats wrong with the fr sprites. I like hacking for content and usability, not asthetics.

you are playing 3rd gen hack... play with 3rd gen graphic lol
Have you checked out Chaos Rush's thread, the DS Styled 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource? All the Kanto and Johto Pokemon are complete and are nice Graphics. Just a suggestion, but that resource will make the Pokemon look awesome!!
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit...%23Dragons_Den

Old April 4th, 2014, 04:35 PM
CaesarAlexsander

Definitely looking forward to this hack!! Always thought the Orange Islands were really snubbed in the original games. From all the videos, it looks pretty sweet!!
Old April 4th, 2014, 04:59 PM
joker.star12

Orange Island ?! Nice. Hope you finish this hack. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to this.
Old April 5th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Splash
Gen II Fan

Nature: Calm
I do hope you add rivals or something lol
I loved orange islands and i was really sad when naranja's beta ended the game
I hope this gets finished soon
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­
Old April 5th, 2014, 07:53 AM
TheAssembler
WOW!

This hack looks cool!
At first, I was agonized that you had to beat Fire Red in order to even get to the hacked part, but your minigames have re-assured me!

You should add a few more of those to spice up the game!
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:38 AM
JimRaz0r
JimRaz0r

Nature: Adamant
Wow this takes me back when I played Naranja, the first ROM I ever played. I'm sure this one can turn out a lot better because of the modern hacking tools.

Old April 11th, 2014, 02:46 PM
PokemonGreatBritain
PokeGB

Nature: Modest
Will the be better than Naranja, that game was so glitchy
Old May 26th, 2014, 03:21 PM
CaesarAlexsander

Playing it now. Overall great rom hack. One bug I did notice however is that Articuno is missing from Seafoam Island. Wasn't sure if this had something to do with the anime (I don't watch it) or if that simply hadn't been put in yet. Either way, terrific job, looking forward to playing the Orange Islands.
Old May 26th, 2014, 03:25 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarAlexsander View Post
Playing it now. Overall great rom hack. One bug I did notice however is that Articuno is missing from Seafoam Island. Wasn't sure if this had something to do with the anime (I don't watch it) or if that simply hadn't been put in yet. Either way, terrific job, looking forward to playing the Orange Islands.
its nowhere near finisbed man. Ull be quite dissapointed when u realizr the orange islands have no wild pokemin lol...

But none of the mystical birds are there. They have to be unlocked through an event in the orange islands... fyi (did you find the ice orb in seafoam?)

~Completed Projects:

Old May 26th, 2014, 03:38 PM
CaesarAlexsander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
its nowhere near finisbed man. Ull be quite dissapointed when u realizr the orange islands have no wild pokemin lol...

But none of the mystical birds are there. They have to be unlocked through an event in the orange islands... fyi (did you find the ice orb in seafoam?)
Not yet, I was rooting around in there for a bit, pushed all the boulders into the slots but there was one ladder that I couldn't go up yet (I think it was the one leading to the Cinnibar side), I'll look around some more to see if I can find it. I can definitely tell this game's going to be a great one when it's finished. I'm starting an LP of Ultraviolet soon on my channel and when this game is completed, I'd love to do this one too.
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Mr.Chuck

Download for this hack is disponible?
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:13 PM
blade89

I have some suggestions

I saw you were having problems with only having 4 directions that maps can connect. If you add caves that you can surf in an design the caves right, it can give the illusion of things being further apart than they really are. Another idea is to use Whirlpools as warp tiles that spit the player out at different parts of the ocean.

Other ideas would be to add the chance of finding berries like how you can find items/pokemon when smashing rocks from using Cut on Trees. Berries are just hard to come by in the fire red game an being able to farm them from cut trees would make the cut hm more useful to have on the team.
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:49 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade89 View Post
I have some suggestions

I saw you were having problems with only having 4 directions that maps can connect. If you add caves that you can surf in an design the caves right, it can give the illusion of things being further apart than they really are. Another idea is to use Whirlpools as warp tiles that spit the player out at different parts of the ocean.

Other ideas would be to add the chance of finding berries like how you can find items/pokemon when smashing rocks from using Cut on Trees. Berries are just hard to come by in the fire red game an being able to farm them from cut trees would make the cut hm more useful to have on the team.
I want the water to feel like an open ocean, no limits.

I love the befry idea. Although there are a few spots with regenerating berriez, the cut trees will be fun too

~Completed Projects:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links