• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

MegaDex [Thread Version 2.0]

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks. The name doesn't really have meaning. o.O With most of the names I try to incorporate meaning, but some are just random. XD

I should have new stuff soon so keep your eyes peeled. O.O

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2006
how do you make such a wonderfull and excellent outlines man. can you explain me?

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks for the compliment. XD

It's kind of hard for me to explain what I do. It's just become natural for me after a long time of hard work. All I can really say is practice, practice, practice. You will make a lot of mistakes when you first start to scratch sprite, but the more mistakes you make, the more you will learn and improve your skills.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I have a new electric type, Argoline, to release here tonight. XD Check him out below and let me know what you think!!

V2-Argoline.png

Also, I've updated the DexPad in the first post of this thread with all released sprites, so you can check that out here.

I'm heading to the beach for 5 days, but I should have some more new work to release shortly after I get home. A few sprites are very close to completion. o.O See you all when I get back!! XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Not yet. o.O I might work on an evolution or pre-evo later on.

You can expect at least one new sprite later tonight. Just need to fix up a few things and then it should be up. Keep your eyes peeled!! XD

[Edit] I'm true to my word. I said to expect a sprite, so here it is!! This is a new water type I call Reefaria. Check him out below and let me know what you think of him. I will also edit the DexPad on the first post of this thread with all released sprites. You can check that out here.

V2-Reefaria.png

[Edit #2] Finished another new one, which you can see below. This is a grass type I've named Formodo. Feel free to let me know what you think. I'm working on at least one pre-evolution for this guy, which will hopefully be done pretty soon. The DexPad had been updated once again, with all released sprites. XD

V2-Formodo.png

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks man. XD For some reason, Reefaria didn't really come out in my normal style, but oh well. I still liked it enough to release it. o.o

Anywho...another new one to release today!! This is a sprite that I actually started last summer. It originally started out as a grass type but I couldn't quite get the look right, so it's been collecting dust for almost a year. I decided to go back and rework it, and the end result ended up being an Electric/Fighting type. o.O Even though this one went in a completely different direction than I intended, I'm pretty happy with the end result. With that said...check out Lumigen below and lend me your thoughts!! XD

V2-Lumigen.png

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Valdorath said:
Freaking awesome pretty nice shading on all of them and great color schemes.

Thanks, Valdo. Glad ya like em. I've been trying to incorporate better color schemes lately, so I'm glad you pointed that out. XD

Anywho...I'm going to bust out two new sprites here tonight out of sheer boredom. XD

The first release tonight is the pre-evolution to Troezan. I've only tried out a scaly look a few times before, and this time I went with a little different take on it. o.O I was aiming for a little rougher of a scale concept. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. Welp...here it is...Scazan!! XD

V2-Scazan.png

The second release here tonight is a grass type. I thought it would be a cool idea to give a PokeMon a gigantic leaf-tail that they could use to shade themselves and keep cool. XD This was the design I came up with. Obviously, with a gigantic leaf on its tail, Razor Leaf would be a no-brainer of a move for this guy, hence the name Razoris. XD

V2-Razoris.png

With these two released, that's another six finished sprites, bringing the grand total to 48 now. I had 100 sprites as sort of a tentative mile marker when I started this project, so I guess I'm about halfway finished after a year of work. o.O I love to hear what you guys think about my work, positive or negative, so please drop a comment if you get a chance. XD

DexPad-1.png

Note: Sometimes the DexPad above won't appear updated after I re-upload it to my image account. If the sheet isn't full of sprites, just reload the page and it should be up to date.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
These are neat! My favorites are the Tundra and the adorable Pengarum and Pengamone!!!

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Kili said:
These are neat! My favorites are the Tundra and the adorable Pengarum and Pengamone!!!
Tundru seems to be a very popular little guy. XD Pengarum and Pengamone were two of my first few MegaDex sprites that I released last summer. Nice picks as favorites. XD

Still looking for any comments on the latest releases...

V2-Lumigen.png

V2-Scazan.png
V2-Troezan.png

V2-Razoris.png

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
The first one looks kind of....cheesy....whats up with the feet

Scazan and Troezan would look better if they had a mouth or some kind of facial expression

I honestly think the leaf should be bigger

Just suggestions

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, if you look at the sprite of Troezan on the DexPad, he does have a mouth. I added that and his nostril later on, and forgot to re-load the single sprite of Troezan. I'm not sure what you're referring to about Lumigen's feet, but ok. As for Razoris' leaf...I wanted to make it bigger, myself, but the leaf would have covered his face if I made it any bigger. o.O

[Edit] Yayz. I've got a new sprite to release here today. I'm still debating what type I want this guy to be, but I call him Bokruge. Drop me a comment and let me know what you think of him. XD

V2-Bokruge.png

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
It looks nice.I like the sahding, and the little crystal type thing on his tail. His color scheme makes me think of a poison type. But it would be cool to see hime as like a ground, or something

Back