• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
So after beating Adrian is there anything left to do in the game?

What do I do after beating the Elite Four?

That's it for this hack. The sequel hack is being developed as I write this post. You'll have to wait to see what happens next after defeating Adrian. You'll only be allowed to bring over your Dragon starter at Lv10. So yea, basically you'll be starting the next hack with either a Lv10 Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp. The main cast will be returning with new looks as well. For a better look at what's to come next, check out the Team Dark Rising 2 Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296569

NEWS

I've decided to release some information on Dark Rising 2, as well as the most psychotic character in the entire game; Mason.

10ihuzs.png
Dark Rising 2 will be much more darker than 1. This guy, Mason, will be leading the more darker feel of the game. He uses his Ghost-type Pokemon to drain the life force of entire cities, just for mere amusement and satisfaction. At one point, (Yes, I'm giving away this event because they'll be much worse events) he'll throw a person off a building that is close to the player and drown a Pokemon. He's not the typical "I act and look seriously tough until you defeat me & now I seem weak" type of bad rival. From the moment you see him in the hack, you'll know this guy is crazy and says some really freaky out-there things. He likes seeing people suffer and wears the long-sleeve Banette shirt to hide the cuts on his wrist that he himself did. His only purpose is to make Darugis notice him and appreciate what he's doing to people. He worships Darugis and wants to side with it no matter how far he has to go.

Dark Rising 2 will also have the Omni-League Championships. After receiving all 12 badges, the tournament will begin. In it, you'll see new faces and rivals you've come across from both games.

Paul from the anime is in it.

Like Dark Rising 1's Atem, a special character not from the Pokemon world will be in the hack as a special battle event.

Doctor Roy/Nurse Joy won't be returning, but someone (or something) will take their place.

Like Dark Rising 1, DR2 will have All Pokemon learning their best egg moves by leveling up. Only this time, the physical/special split is active.

All of the GRASS/FIRE/WATER Starters will return in random areas at a 2% chance of them appearing for you to catch. They'll also still have a 50/50 chance of holding an EXP.SHARE. The order will be different this time around as well. The first 3 that'll be available is Turtwig-Totodile-Tepig in that order.

The hack Will be longer than Dark Rising 1 with 12 gym leaders, defeating the Organization of Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Plasma, a League Tournament, PLENTY of other mini quests along the way, and most of all, defeating Darugis with Arceus and saving your father.

All 4 Musketdeers & Therian Formes will be available to be caught, including Shadow Moltres, Shadow Zapdos, and Shadow Articuno.

Fennekin(The Fire Starter from Pokemon X & Y) will be seen in the hack but she belongs to a trainer name Jalice, so you cannot catch it.

Dray...Enough said lol. He keeps getting funnier and funnier. He's the comic relief of the hack.

Finally, NEW MUSIC!

Save the best for last; TABULA RASA!
Tabula Rasa is Dark Rising 2's version of Nursery Road, only Tabula Rasa is right next to the starting city. This means you'll have access to catch baby Pokemon like Elekid-Magby-Bonsly-Mime Jr-Togepi-etc, all at the beginning of the hack to go along with your Dragon Pokemon. Heck, you can pretty much build your entire team before even reaching the first gym!

Think that's all I'll reveal for now. There's so much stuff I have planned! Time for me to disappear again. ^.^

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey I told him generally regarding my experience from playing the hacks. I did not read the post DRG made regarding the changes so I told him other story
What experience makes you say that? o.O
I hope you haven't mistaken new hack for beta o.O

That's it for this hack. The sequel hack is being developed as I write this post. You'll have to wait to see what happens next after defeating Adrian. You'll only be allowed to bring over your Dragon starter at Lv10. So yea, basically you'll be starting the next hack with either a Lv10 Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp. The main cast will be returning with new looks as well. For a better look at what's to come next, check out the Team Dark Rising 2 Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296569
Level 10? :/ Ouch... I expected level 30 as was announced... :/
This will be hard to train...

All 4 Musketdeers & Therian Formes will be available to be caught, including Shadow Moltres, Shadow Zapdos, and Shadow Articuno.
Cool... will you release sprites to show us beforehand?

Heck, you can pretty much build your entire team before even reaching the first gym!
With baby Pokémon? :D I wouldn't be so sure :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Sounds good, I did enjoy this hack. Intense scale of difficultly and a very immersive storyline, well done! However, please put some effort into sculpting out your areas a bit. Noticing the chopped up fire red was fairly easy in this hack, as were some of the sprites etc. I think it's a wonderful hack, with it's own areas it would be much more entertaining.

Looking forward to dark rising 2 though!

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
I can someone please tell me why my game breaks when a seedot appears? If someone could that would be awsome because I really want to play this game...

Years
ok so i have a level 37 zebstrika. i just caught a shiny joltick. should i trade it out? what one will perform better? and i just got to the point where you get victini. am i in good shape with having a team with an average level of 35? things are getting tough. some guy had a lvl 50 druddigion or whatever its called.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
ok so i have a level 37 zebstrika. i just caught a shiny joltick. should i trade it out? what one will perform better? and i just got to the point where you get victini. am i in good shape with having a team with an average level of 35? things are getting tough. some guy had a lvl 50 druddigion or whatever its called.

Stick with Zebstrika.
And about your level... no.
Coming from someone who's already completed the game, you'll need to grind a lot more. Trainers get crazy tough later on, having levels that are at or surpass Champion Blue's Pokemon in the original Red and Blue before even getting your third/fourth badge. This especially holds true for main characters and Gym Leaders.
This game is insanely hard, so grind any opportunity you get. I probably used the VS Seeker about 300+ times. xD

Years

After i go through the cave do I surf up to the other cave? I cant find what to do in the cave i just keep going around in circles???? Or am i not supposed to go there? Where do i go for 7th badge?[/QUOTE]
Are you serious on saying about the 7th badge?? Or were you trying to say the eighth badge??? There are trainers on Trident Waters as well as a Poseidon's cave to be explored with a legendary

After i go through the cave do I surf up to the other cave? I cant find what to do in the cave i just keep going around in circles???? Or am i not supposed to go there? Where do i go for 7th badge?
[/QUOTE]

Why are you not using the VS Seeker. Use it to train your team

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I can someone please tell me why my game breaks when a seedot appears? If someone could that would be awsome because I really want to play this game...
Um... Seedot is bugged in your version?

whats the passwords for this game?
Passwords? o.O

Stick with Zebstrika.
And about your level... no.
Coming from someone who's already completed the game, you'll need to grind a lot more. Trainers get crazy tough later on, having levels that are at or surpass Champion Blue's Pokemon in the original Red and Blue before even getting your third/fourth badge. This especially holds true for main characters and Gym Leaders.
This game is insanely hard, so grind any opportunity you get. I probably used the VS Seeker about 300+ times. xD
300 times?! That's some crazy grinding o.O (coming from someone who never used VS Seeker, though...)

Years
Where can i download ? please help me i really want to play this game ! thank you
The download is available on first page of the thread. Scroll down and you will see it

great hack, :) is there a shiny pokemons in this hack? Im using vbag to play this :)
As I said earlier, Shiny pokes are extremely rare and it is up to a player's luck whether he finds a random poke or not

Last edited:

Thereaperofdeath19

The Rookie
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
Man oh man this hack has its pros and cons first off I give it a 4/10 and second its so freaking annoying fighting the same people whats up with that I fight them then I go to a cave and fight whoever and also Wtf with the high lvls of pokemon what bout wild ones since I am getting bored fighting the same ****ing person that is the cons the pros great storyline but bad grammer I like dragon pokemon good work on the hack sorry if I was a *******

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
What experience makes you say that? o.O
I hope you haven't mistaken new hack for beta o.O

Level 10? :/ Ouch... I expected level 30 as was announced... :/
This will be hard to train...

Cool... will you release sprites to show us beforehand?

With baby Pokémon? :D I wouldn't be so sure :D

Ask & You Shall Receive

1zvy1hz.png

wiork9.png

2ebx4jp.png

(Backsprites coming soon. Thanks to Kinataki for re-sizing these.)

fylde0.png

34zj1w4.png

x6e9no.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
hey, i want to play this on my mac, but when i try to run it, a white screen shows up

Also, is there a step by step tutorial on how to download and patch this game for the mac???

Last edited:
Back