• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [PoTW #2] Team Change and Team New!

Who's design do you like?

• Maxie

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Tabitha

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Courtney

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Archie

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Shelly

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Matt

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
potw2.png

ORAS has revealed many changes and tweaks so far to our favorite region. But among these changes came one of the biggest ones of all : Team Magma and Aqua's makeover!

Many didn't take too well to the redesigns of our previously-familiar admins and leaders. That their changes are too drastic and not at all suiting to their previous appearances. But where there is a negative, there is a positive! Sometimes change can be a good thing! And who knows, you might feel differently if you look at it from another perspective!

With that being said, who's new design out of the two teams is your favorite? Do you have more than one?
What are your reasons for liking this particular admin/leader's new design?

Discuss!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I really like Team Aqua's design, in my opinion! This time, they seem more.. pirate like, you know? That's awesome; your battling against evil pirates who want to flood the world, which sounds siiiiiick! I think Archie can have a bit more sleeve, though. Like, if he had some sort of.. white sleeve, that'd look epic! Mmm, now, I think I can grow into liking team Magma's style, though they loook kinda.. predictable? Like a typical 'bad guys' outfit. Maxie does look kinda cool though, the glasses make him look like Colress though, hehe. Not sure how to explain that better, but yeah, while they look good, I'm more in love with Team Aqua's style. C:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Archie, Shelly, and Courtney are all my favorite redesigns so overall I'm more in favor of Team Aqua. Archie was always sexy imo, but the wetsuit just... I won't get into that, but I love his new design. :p Shelly and Courtney look fierce as ♥♥♥♥ and there's no other way to describe them, especially Shelly. I think Courtney's a doll that's ready to screw around with the protagonist and aaa, I just love them. The rest I'm not too crazy about, though Maxie and Matt I'm simply indifferent.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Courtney and Shelley. They just look hawt. I also like Maxie and Archie's new design, with Maxie being an evil scientist while Archie being a slimming pir8 haha xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
The only new design that I don't like is Tabitha. He . . . well, he just got fat and no longer looks intimidating in the slightest. I don't like it. Maxie's new design isn't my favorite, but I can roll with it. I love the rest of them, though. <3

Years
Love all of their redesigns except Tabitha, but my favorites have to be Archie and Shelly. Even odder is the fact that I already loved both of them previously, and their changes somehow improved upon their concepts! Really awesome job there, Team Aqua looks diabolically evil, but still effortlessly in style! :]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
When I first saw the new Shelly she reminded me a bit of a vampire...it almost looks like she has a fang sticking out xD.
I like Courtney's redesign the best out of all of them as she still looks largely the same as before but still awesome.

Years
My fave of the new designs is Shelly, especially her attire. I definitely think Team Aqua as a whole came out better in terms of the new designs since they look way more pirate-like now, and might be why I might consider Alpha Sapphire as my main version in contrast to the original.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Archie's new outfit doesn't look too well, to be honest. They're too tight, and makes him look sort of a superhero, which he definitely isn't. Would've looked a lot better if it were loose, and he'd worn some coat alongside just like how Drake does; that, if you ask me, would have made him look more like an actual leader. I do like how they darkened his skin color, and also made him grew beard. They help with the pirate gimmick that he has. Maxie's clothes aren't bad, but I personally liked his previous ones. These make him seem as if he's some professor of sorts. He might be one to some degree, but I don't believe he was portrayed as such in RSE originally. As for grunt, their ones look pretty decent, both Magma and Aqua equally.

blue

gucci
Years
I like all of the redesigns if I'm honest, Team Aqua particularly. If I had to choose though I'd say Archie and Shelley are my favourites, idk what it is but they just look like proper villainous team members.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like all of the new redesigns, except for Tabitha; I can't help but wonder why they made him look pudgy. I could've wished that Shelly kept a few elements of her old design, though. Courtney's new design looks similar to her old one to me.

Last edited:
Years
Though I like everyone's redesign (with the exception of Tabitha; why did you let yourself go, man? >O), I particularly like Maxie's, Courtney's, and Shelly's. I have a slight thing for megane, so Maxie + glasses = somewhat hotter and more suave than before <3 Courtney I expected to have black hair (because of her PokeSupe counterpart), but I like how she looks, especially when compared to her Admin. sprite in RSE. I felt said sprite made her stick out the least of the Admins, and while her redesign isn't too much different from her original one, she does seem like she'll stick out more (especially with that purple hair). As for Shelly, I find her current design more menacing than her previous one, and I love the blue streaks in her hair~

Years
Courtney for me definitely :)

For me personally she kinda restores the fashionista qualities of the original Team Magma that I knew and loved haha, adore her new look :)

I also think Shelly looks pretty cool, love the gloves and her hair as well :) She actually kinda reminds me a teensy bit of Pike Queen Lucy with that hair except with blue instead of red highlights :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I don't appreciate that fashion choice of wearing shorts with a lab coat, Maxie! Ha ha, but it's alright, I'm not a big fan of Archie's pants either...but besides that, everyone is fine...except Tabitha. Maxie, Courtney, and Shelly are my favorite of the bunch--Maxie's got some cool Camerupt glasses, Courtney looks like she doesn't care about anything, and Shelly looks like she will make you care; Archie and Matt will undoubtedly grow on me, as they're not bad designs, just designs that I'm not drawn to.
I have a slight thing for megane, so Maxie + glasses = somewhat hotter and more suave than before <3
(Megane is love, megane is life)

Years
  • Age 32
  • usa
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Eh, for team Magma, they make me feel to hot wearing those sweatshirts and jackets since they are using Fire Pokemon. I want to battle the bad pirates, team Aqua.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I don't get why team aqua is so ♥♥♥♥ing tan/black now.

I think Maxie and/or Courtney got the best redesigns. Maxie has this nerdy look that I love and Courtney just looks more distinct from magma grunts while not looking ridiculous.

Only redesign that bothers me is Shelly. She was so cool with that big orange hair, SO COOL.

masterxy

Pokémon Breeder
Years
Team Aqua really looks a lot better now (except from Shelly). I like their looks more then team Magma's now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • usa
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I don't get why team aqua is so ♥♥♥♥ing tan/black now.

I think Maxie and/or Courtney got the best redesigns. Maxie has this nerdy look that I love and Courtney just looks more distinct from magma grunts while not looking ridiculous.

Only redesign that bothers me is Shelly. She was so cool with that big orange hair, SO COOL.
You ever go to the beach, They are out in the ocean, they get tan being on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back