• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Murasaki_Paz28

Ninjaa ♥
Years
Yea i will finish the seriez,, i jus want to watch the movie first so when i go back to the book,, theyll still be some fills that waznt seen in the movie and itll still be fun reading it. Yea moviez dont alwayz potray bookz perfectly but I love the Harry Potter moviez so itz ok.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Yea i will finish the seriez,, i jus want to watch the movie first so when i go back to the book,, theyll still be some fills that waznt seen in the movie and itll still be fun reading it. Yea moviez dont alwayz potray bookz perfectly but I love the Harry Potter moviez so itz ok.
Which book are you on? :o I don't want to say anything that might spoil it for you.

So my sister just came home with the movie, guess what I'm going to be watching this weekend! ;)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've got 2 amateurly repaired copies of SS, CoS, and PoA. I actually completely destroyed my first copy of PoA (hardcover, too!). My copy of GoF is the second, as is OotP.
Really the only ones that aren't falling apart/lost are the ones that I got when I was getting into Discworld- i.e, I wasn't reading Harry Potter over and over again. ^^;

Books over movies, dear. Always. Especially in this case.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Name: Miss Doronjo
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort. :< [HE ALSO STOLE MY OREOS. >:]
Describe your wand: About 7 inches, made out of fine wood, coated black with a blue handle.

I can't wait for the finale movie. ^___^

marcc5m

what
Years
Name: Marc
What house are you in?: Hufflepuff
Who killed our parents?: Neville
Describe your wand: 12 inches

Imo the books are better. Especially considering HBP had so much important stuff taken out of it, and pointless stuff added (The Burrow on fire?).
Anyway, got the DVD for DH part 1 today. Going to watch it tomorrow :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Name: BlooMilk C.
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Who killed our parents?: Bellatrix Lestrange I am Rebecca Black's son
Describe your wand: 10 inches

The books are a little better than the movies. I can't wait for the next movie, but I should finish the book first.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
THEY BURNED THE BURROW! /rages
/has been raging about this since she saw the movie

I was more miffed at the PoA adaption. Whomping Willow being pretty to indicate seasonal change and foreshadow things. No Marauder backstory.

RAGE

Edit: Ohey, Bloo and Shawn! And Fireworks (though I don't really know you).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
THEY BURNED THE BURROW! /rages
/has been raging about this since she saw the movie
Edit: Ohey, Bloo and Shawn! And Fireworks (though I don't really know you).
SO I HERD U NO USE
Spoiler:

marcc5m

what
Years
And they changed the beginning of it too. The part where Dumbledore annoys the crap out of the Dursleys and tells them to treat Harry better. And Slughorn looked nothing like his description in the book :(
But yeah the rest was all right.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The books are obviously waaaay better than the movies. =(
Books are waaaay better than movies in general, IMO!

I just wonder how the actual movie plays out. =)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
And they changed the beginning of it too. The part where Dumbledore annoys the crap out of the Dursleys and tells them to treat Harry better. And Slughorn looked nothing like his description in the book :(
But yeah the rest was all right.
I thought that would be a very good part to include. I liked it because they abuse him, seriously, it's not right to starve a child in a cupboard :(

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I started liking Harry Potter because of the movies but I like the books waaay better. Oh and I'm going to add those users who joined later. I'm going to fix the first post's look. Finally.

EDIT: First post updated. Also read about the "House Cup" thing on the OP. And I'm also looking for a Co-owner and one teacher from each house. :D

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I was disappointed at some scenes in Part 1 tbh, and all of the others. Especially disappointed for them not showing "crazy Ron" in Order of the Phoenix. xP

Eh, yeah but mostly all movies have omitted good scenes like those.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Pretty much agreed with what you and TheSmartOne were saying in the last page.

I've got 2 amateurly repaired copies of SS, CoS, and PoA. I actually completely destroyed my first copy of PoA (hardcover, too!). My copy of GoF is the second, as is OotP.

I bought a second PS/SS (the first was a paperback), since the rest of the books were all hardcover. I think either CoS or PoA had their spines' glue peeling off. Or maybe the same case is happening to the latter as I speak…o.O

I was more miffed at the PoA adaption. Whomping Willow being pretty to indicate seasonal change and foreshadow things. No Marauder backstory.

I actually liked how the actors portrayed themselves in the movie. They felt more like teenagers than special "wizarding" people and I appreciated that. The director did a good job in that sense, but the rest of the stuff felt the same as the other movies.

Especially considering HBP had so much important stuff taken out of it, and pointless stuff added (The Burrow on fire?).

More action than dialogue. That's what the audience wants.

And Slughorn looked nothing like his description in the book

Same with Moody. What what the heck happened to Flitwick?? I was originally upset with how Snape turned out looking, but the actor does such a fantastic job that I don't care about how he looks anymore.

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Same with Moody. What what the heck happened to Flitwick?? I was originally upset with how Snape turned out looking, but the actor does such a fantastic job that I don't care about how he looks anymore.
Its not really that easy looking for actors that looks like what they described in the book. Make up does the job but it fails most of the time.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh, Alan Rickman~ <3

Its not really that easy looking for actors that looks like what they described in the book. Make up does the job but it fails most of the time.
That's what auditions and such are for though. I mean, they got Dan, Rupert, and Emma, who even normally look(ed) very much like their characters. Why not other people? :/

Murasaki_Paz28

Ninjaa ♥
Years
Which book are you on? :o I don't want to say anything that might spoil it for you.

So my sister just came home with the movie, guess what I'm going to be watching this weekend! ;)

Well im a slow reader so im still on the 4th one,, almost done with it and heading towardz the fifth :) I wanna watch the movie,, my bro haz got to buy it NOW !!!! :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Well im a slow reader so im still on the 4th one,, almost done with it and heading towardz the fifth :) I wanna watch the movie,, my bro haz got to buy it NOW !!!! :D
You should go finish that and read the fifth book. You're missing on all the Luna Lovegood goodness. x3

Back