• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I didn't watch the entire movie, but the parts I did see, I can safely say that Shailene Woodley has certainly improved her acting since Secret Life of the American Teenager (even though that's still going on).

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Nevertheless, the movie had me optimistic about Shailene Woodley, and this was a good role for her. And the flaws you mentioned didn't bother me that much, besides the decision about the land. I do agree on Sid though. He was a thorn in the side and I couldn't believe the character got brought around like "family". Besides that, I thought it was a lovely movie.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm really not a George Clooney fan. I know everybody creams their jeans over him, but I don't find him that attractive or that magnificent an actor. There were definitely better performances this year than his in The Descendants.

Rest

Years
I'm really not a George Clooney fan. I know everybody creams their jeans over him, but I don't find him that attractive or that magnificent an actor. There were definitely better performances this year than his in The Descendants.

I'm pitching for Brad Pitt to get it after watching Clooney's performance, though it's a shame (see what I did there?) Fassbender didn't get a nom.

Shining Raichu

Years
He won't, though. Unfortunately that guy from The Artist will probably get it -_-

In other news, my mother has these trashy women's magazines that she keeps in the bathroom and I was just flipping through one (she's always 3-4 weeks behind) and saw some inside Golden Globe gossip! As it turns out:

"Meryl Streep walked away a winner thanks to her lucky charm - a vintage stamp given to her by her kids, which she kept hidden in her shoe."

I don't know if she really deserved that Golden Globe anymore! That's practically rigging the competition!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I just did a 100 chapter marathon to finish the B Gata H Kei manga, I laughed a lot. Any of you read that? What did you think?

Hagumi

For a sick boy
Years
I haven't read the B Gata H Kei manga but I did watch the anime. It was alright, I didn't think it was hilariously funny but it did make me laugh a few times. Maybe I'll get around to reading the manga someday.

Anyways I recently finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I enjoyed it a lot and I don't really have anything bad to say about it. I started watching Paranoia Agent yesterday with an online friend and it's weird. Very weird. But a good kind of weird - as expected of the late Satoshi Kon (Dreaming Machine where, MADHOUSE? I also need to watch Perfect Blue one of these days). The soundtrack also seems quite awesome so far but it's created by Susumu Hirasawa so no surprises there. Does anyone else here like Satoshi Kon's works?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I loved Paprika and Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue was rather unsettling. You brought it up but the OSTs in his work really are stunning.

I would totally suggest reading it, most of the chapters are short so it doesn't take long to get through, much more complete than the anime.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
Years
Have you seen Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress? If not, you really should! It's probably my favourite film of all time. I think everything about it is wonderful, including the OST (again it's by Susumu Hirasawa) and the ending almost made me cry. Tokyo Godfathers is alright as well but it's not on the same level as Paprika and Millennium Actress.

I agree, his OSTs are simply glorious.

I've added it to my 'Plan to Read' list. I was slightly turned off reading it when I saw it had 300 chapters but if they're fairly short chapters then it'll be alright.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Oh, poor, poor, neglected C&M DCC :[ I suppose it is up to I, your unseen lover of the night, to revive you, Or at least, for the meanwhile.

So guys, did any of you watch the Grammys?
Secondly, although I am on my iPod and I cannot be bothered finding a link to back me up, it seems that Lemony Snicket is releasing a new book series and I for one am EXCITED!

Shining Raichu

Years
omfg finally you have no idea how frustrating it is wanting to post here, then coming to C&M and seeing "Last Poster: Shining Raichu". SO MUCH RAGE.

I didn't watch the Grammys though. Music awards don't really interest me, though I understand they did a lot of Whitney Houston tributing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I have never been more disappointed in PC than I was when I realized nobody was talking about the Grammys here.

At least people were tweeting about it and I have other places to go where people don't neglect important cultural events such as this for anime and manga!

Years
I love Kon's work. I have all the major things he worked on. It's such a shame he died so young.

Millennium Actress is probably the best out of them since it has the most intricate and fascinating story, but I have a special place in my heart for Perfect Blue since it's the first thing by him I saw.

Years
But the anime and manga section on PC is even deader than... no, I won't say it.

I didn't bother with the Grannies since I only care to see what the results are and I can do that... right now! Oh, looks like Adele won big. Good on her.

funrush

How's it going?
Years
I walk up to my local comic book store out of curiosity, as I have never read many comic books aside from manga. I picked up Batman #1, because I played the game, Batman: Arkham Asylum, OMAC #1, due to me hearing a friend at school talking about it, and The Flash #1, mainly because I've heard good things about it. Needless to say, I enjoyed all three of them greatly. After talking to the friend who discussed OMAC with me earlier, he agreed to lend me some other OMAC issues. After doing a high amount of research, I ran into the whole thing with what DC was doing with the new 52. I was very glad. I spoke with my friend the other day about different comic book stores. He said his store had a sweet membership deal which gave all these discounts, and I was pleased. Looking even more, I Realized that I want to have a number of regular series. I'm thinking of having about 4 or 5. Can someone recommend me some comics, (DC or Marvel) that I can put into this lineup of 5? I'm interested in most of the members of the Justice League, and the Avengers. I do not know much about the X-Men, although I'd like to.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Would anybody be able to recommend me some good hip-hop?

seems you like jazzy/electronica influenced hip-hop and a bit of old school
old school has tons of variation, try Public Enemy or A Tribe Called Quest if you haven't already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aSe2aHk17Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtgvmwJFE2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywdVBwzurU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeZct8Ow_kc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTbzW3wbIj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I was live-tweeting every single waking moment of the Grammys, haha. I apologize to anyone whose Twitter feed I totally clogged up!

But I really did enjoy them! Adele and the Foo Fighters cleaned house and both absolutely killed it on stage, along with Bruno Mars and Paul McCartney. The David Guetta/Deadmau5 thing I wasn't too keen on and I still do not know what the hell that Nicki Minaj performance was. I also found Katy Perry to be a sub-par performer and I don't like her voice live. Buuuut Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston was so beautiful. The Beach Boys were flawless, and Maroon 5 and Foster the People were good too.

I just love seeing talented people perform. It's very inspiring.

/end long Grammys post

Shining Raichu

Years
People hate Adele, and at first I didn't understand why. But the more I look at her and listen to her music... the more I start to see it. There's something about her that I really don't like lol.

Rest

Years
@ Shiny Raichu: I like her! I kind of hate the "surface-deep" lyrics she has going on with the lyrics in her songs but her voice is so lifting, especially on live. Grats on her for sweeping every award she was nominated for. <3

I had a hold on the film A Separation. Best film I've seen for this Oscars season (though I haven't seen much else), and may as well be the one of the best films I've seen yet. I was glued to my seat for two hours that seemed to pass by unnoticed. Not to mention the life-like acting. :3

I watched Midnight In Paris that other day too. Sweet and amusing to say the least, and I liked it. Great music too. It won't win Best Picture though, methinks. Although now I find myself singing quite a bit of Cole Porter now and then. ^_^

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
People hate Adele, and at first I didn't understand why. But the more I look at her and listen to her music... the more I start to see it. There's something about her that I really don't like lol.

BURN THE WITCH
1415837446_674650d2b4.jpg

What do not like about her? Explain yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back