• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
"I've listened to Thriller on the radio and liked it! Therefore I must partake in deep mourning over MJ's death!"

droomph

weeb
Years
school-bus.jpg

Band-wagon. Brings us to competitions and whatnot.

MJ can't speak clearly somehow, I've noticed that.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
In modern days dead people don't speak as well as they did when they were alive, I agree with you, droomph.

So I'm in love with all of Taylor Swift's singles, I Knew You Were Trouble. most notably. It's so catchy and the little bits of dubstep and the lyrics are just o m q amazing. <3

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If anyone is into kpop or jpop, I suggest giving INFINITE, a seven member South Korean pop group, a try. They're amazing - one of the better male kpop groups I've heard, comparable to that of BIGBANG and Teen Top. I recommend the album Evolution, and my favorite songs from the album are CAN U SMILE, Hysterie, and Voice of My Heart. All of them are strangely addicting and will run around in your head for hours on end. They're so good dklfjsdf

CAN U SMILE
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I understand why the media tends to lavish praise upon dead celebrities, and upon dead people in general, but the overkill for which it's done is often kinda ghastly. Any character flaw or undesirable personality trait is just washed aside in a sea of "but s/he's deeeeeeeeeeead!" Bleh.

So agreed. What most people fail to remember these days is that Heath Ledger was kind of a jerk when he was alive. He gave one decent performance in his entire career and the fact that he was kind of a deadbeat celebrity otherwise is just swept under the rug.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
So agreed. What most people fail to remember these days is that Heath Ledger was kind of a jerk when he was alive. He gave one decent performance in his entire career and the fact that he was kind of a deadbeat celebrity otherwise is just swept under the rug.
I beg to differ! I mean, he still had a pretty unruly personality, but his performances in The Order and I'm Not There were all spectacular! Sure, we all might have differing opinions, but consider his other roles outside The Dark Knight and Brokeback Mountain, if you weren't already. But yes, I will attest to the fact his death was overly popularized in the media especially with the fine, yet shallow performances he gave in his lifetime.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Lately, I've been kinda lost on what to listen to, but I generally like all of the sonic music so that's all I actually listen to atm.

Sonic music is something I've always found to be pretty unique, but one band does spring to mind with some similarities! I suggest checking out some stuff from Amy Can Flyy; they're a decent band with a lot of fast paced electronicy music with a lot of power chords thrown in, so it's the closest to Sonic that I can come up with haha. It's still pretty different to Sonic, but it's worth checking out. Here's a taster!

Spoiler:

droomph

weeb
Years
Fmfmfmfsfhdklw

I was listening to his songs and unlike say every other song I have I can't understand a thing he's saying. I would but he mashes up every word in a vice-press of angst and emotion and even though paninis are great the cheese is melted if you probably don't catch my drift I don't know what I'm saying anymore

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I beg to differ! I mean, he still had a pretty unruly personality, but his performances in The Order and I'm Not There were all spectacular! Sure, we all might have differing opinions, but consider his other roles outside The Dark Knight and Brokeback Mountain, if you weren't already. But yes, I will attest to the fact his death was overly popularized in the media especially with the fine, yet shallow performances he gave in his lifetime.

I hate to be that guy that rags on the dead actor, but from what I saw of Heath Ledger (including Brokeback Mountain) he wasn't all that fantastic. I never saw either of the movies you mentioned so maybe I missed something! They were all more recent works of his too I think so perhaps he got better with age :P

I actually went on a trip to see Heath Ledger with my school once back when he was just an Australian actor on Neighbours or Home & Away or whichever show he was on. I wasn't all that impressed with him because I didn't watch the show he was on but he seemed nice enough then. I guess because we were school kids and not the media :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Maybe this is just me being old, but I liked Ledger a lot in A Knight's Tale. God, that was over 11 years ago... I am old!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Speaking of the Brothers Grimm, is anyone annoyed about these dark and gritty takes on their stories such as Snow White & the Huntsman and the upcoming Hanzel & Gretel film this year?

Years
Heck no! I love dark fairy tales. They were dark to begin with and I love all the things people do when adapting and retelling them. You don't know how much I dig fairy tale stuff. I am so going to see Hansel and Gretel.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
While the Grimm Fairy Tales had their dark moments, they still retain their light-hearted atmosphere for children. I've also heard a lot of negative feedback about Snow White & the Huntsman on Youtube, and they even released an extended edition on DVD, which means it wasn't all that good as the producers hoped.

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, they do have some messed up stories to begin with.

I remember our German teacher told us a Grimm Brother's tale, where the kid does something bad, and the other kid dies, the mom, who's giving a bath to another kid, goes to try to save the dying kid who's dead when she gets there, and then while she's gone the kid taking the bath has drowned, and then she goes to the neighbors for help or something, and when she comes back the original kid had a freak accident, and so out of shame she hangs herself.

Not exactly PG I must say.

Years
The Grimm tales were a bit cleaned up from their originals which were, well, grimmer, but they were still kinda dark and gruesome.

The problem with SW&tH was Kristen Stewart. Granted, the movie played to her strengths of not talking and looking pretty by giving her only a handful of lines and lots of scenes where she just looks at things, but I thought the rest of the movie was fine, and Charlize Theron did scary-evil really well.

I think people were expecting an action movie when it was really more of a dark fantasy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Mirror Mirror > all of the other Snow White revisionist films of last year. Including the Spanish black-and-white one. But I think I'm in the minority in this opinion...

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I admit that I wanted to see Snow White and the Huntsman, but Kristin Stewart kind of persuaded me otherwise. I mean, she doesn't really seem like she fits in with that type of film. Shes no Snow White.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Snow White & the Huntsman was a fantastic movie! Actors and actresses aside, it was a really nice film overall. The characters, the story, and the setting were all so marvelous you could probably put personal regards for the people playing the parts aside long enough to enjoy watching the movie. Even at that, Kirsten Stewart played her part wonderfully. It's definitely worth a go!

As for a movie I want to see - Taken 2. I recently watched Taken on TV (TBS, if I recall) and it was much better than I thought it was going to be when it was released (what, two years ago?). At that time it didn't appeal to me whatsoever, as it was somewhat of an imitation of all the movies that were being released at that time anyway, but it was surprisingly very nice. Taken 2 should be better, so I'll pick it up sometime, hopefully. Anyone else seen it?

EDIT: Mirror > Mirror... I haven't seen it. It's good, you think, Mr Cat Dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back