• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mythical Pokémon

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
jirachi.gif

Mythical Pokémon are a special breed of Legendary Pokémon that are said to be so rare that some question whether they truly exist. Mythical Pokémon, other than Deoxys as of ORAS, are Pokémon that can only be encountered through a Nintendo event. This includes Pokémon such as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Arceus, etc.

What I would like to know is your thoughts on having such rare Pokémon. Are the current methods for obtaining them fair? Not hard enough? Would you like to see them more often in the games? Should there be Pokémon that can only be obtained when Nintendo feels like it? Which ones have you gotten? And why does Japan always get the best events?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hated these events back in the pre-wifi days. Like...you had to live in very specific areas to get them and even if you did live in that area or close to one, you probably weren't of driving age and still had to ask your parents. I don't know about y'all, but my mom definitely would not have driven me to go get a Pokemon for my game. That just wouldn't happen, lol. So I'm a little bitter towards those old Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys events. Grr.

My first event Pokemon was a Jirachi that I got off the bonus disc. I gave my mom the money I had saved for Pokemon Colosseum since she was going to Walmart the night of its release and she picked it up for me along with the bonus disc by accident sort of? She said they were giving those away so HEY preorder bonus for free without even preordering? Sign me up! I still have the disc, so you know, if you want your WSHMKR Jirachi, I got u.

As for the current wifi events, I think they're great. They're accessible to most people and don't involve leaving the home. I guess the downside to that is that you don't get to go out and meet other players and get that experience. But I think that's a small price to pay considering more people are able to get them now and accessibility is all that matters in the end imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Yo, the new ways to get them are great. Way easier now to get the mythical cuties like Shaymin, Jirachi, and Diancie. <3
Though I have to say I hate how so many events are making them shiny and whatnot. I honestly prefer the original color palettes versus the shiny Jirachi and junk.

In the past when I lived in Louisiana it was hell getting a Pokemon event to work. Partially due to poor internet and little knowledge on the world of Wifi in general. But now that I live with high speed webs and everything being mystery gift or a Game Stop being a block away, I can get them so much faster and with little effort.

I can't wait for that Diancie this Friday. <3

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I hated these events back in the pre-wifi days. Like...you had to live in very specific areas to get them and even if you did live in that area or close to one, you probably weren't of driving age and still had to ask your parents. I don't know about y'all, but my mom definitely would not have driven me to go get a Pokemon for my game. That just wouldn't happen, lol. So I'm a little bitter towards those old Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys events. Grr.

My first event Pokemon was a Jirachi that I got off the bonus disc. I gave my mom the money I had saved for Pokemon Colosseum since she was going to Walmart the night of its release and she picked it up for me along with the bonus disc by accident sort of? She said they were giving those away so HEY preorder bonus for free without even preordering? Sign me up! I still have the disc, so you know, if you want your WSHMKR Jirachi, I got u.

As for the current wifi events, I think they're great. They're accessible to most people and don't involve leaving the home. I guess the downside to that is that you don't get to go out and meet other players and get that experience. But I think that's a small price to pay considering more people are able to get them now and accessibility is all that matters in the end imo.

Haha, yeah. My parents hated driving me to Pokemon stuff. I think the only time I ever got them to do it was some silly event at Toys R Us or something like 4 years ago.

Now that you can just Wi-Fi it up, the only hard part is keeping up with when the events are scheduled. Though I wish Nintendo would release more of them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
omg me either. Diancie quickly became one of my all-time favorites (can u tel lol) and I'm excited to get EVEN MORE OF THEM. :>

Event Pokémon have always been tricky to get hold of and I'd rather if they didn't have these in future games. I've missed out on a lot of previous events due to a lack of internet connection/ability to go out and get them. :(

Well don't either of you forget that this Friday through next Monday, European and USA gamers can get a Diancie from Mystery Gift! Much easier than having to go out to some store or event and get one. <3

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Event Pokémon have always been tricky to get hold of and I'd rather if they didn't have these in future games. I've missed out on a lot of previous events due to a lack of internet connection/ability to go out and get them. :(

I missed like all the Wi-Fi events during Gen. 5 because of bad internet! I was so upset when I realized that I had missed some awesome distributions. I did manage to nab a Keldeo, though. That was the only one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Just one word: serial code

Well, actually that was two words. I think making them accessable for everyone, even if it's just a short amount of time, is a good way. That's why I'm not a fan of how things got done this gen. Normal mon events where mostly wifi stuff (jk, the most accessable way), whereas the real deal (those "special" mon) was bound to limited serial code nonsense. Granted, it's ok, when they still decide to distribute them over wifi afterwards, at least in my opinion, because...well they release them over wifi afterall.

As far as obtaining them myself is concerned: I got a Keldeo in gen 5 (and lost it due to me letting someone else play my game) and the Pokebank Celebi. That's just assuming getting mythicals via glitches (Mew), WTing (Hoopa) and other such means doesn't count, obviously.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Just one word: serial code

Well, actually that was two words. I think making them accessable for everyone, even if it's just a short amount of time, is a good way. That's why I'm not a fan of how things got done this gen. Normal mon events where mostly wifi stuff (jk, the most accessable way), whereas the real deal (those "special" mon) was bound to limited serial code nonsense. Granted, it's ok, when they still decide to distribute them over wifi afterwards, at least in my opinion, because...well they release them over wifi afterall.

As far as obtaining them myself is concerned: I got a Keldeo in gen 5 (and lost it due to me letting someone else play my game) and the Pokebank Celebi. That's just assuming getting mythicals via glitches (Mew), WTing (Hoopa) and other such means doesn't count, obviously.

I don't even understand how to use the serial code method. And the mythicals you get through more dubious methods are still mythical, they're just not gotten fairly. :P

Years
I literally miss every single event Pokemon due to lack of internet on my 3DS. I once tried to connect it but it downright refused, so I gave up and decided to miss out.

I do hate how most special Pokemon events have been handled in 6th Gen lately, with all those stupid one-use serial codes. R.F. pretty much sums up how I hate the serial code distributions, because if you weren't lucky enough to get one it meant you had no choice but to miss out.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I don't like the fact that people can simply receive such powerful and rare Pokémon. It seems too easy without needing a battle to catch them first.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
Should all be in game and not exclusive to events. Save the events for shiny, special move, and perfect IV distribution and make us work extra hard for the mythicals in game. Make them like roaming Pokemon, but make them appear in only one patch of grass at a time and dont let the player track them. Thatll make their appearance very special and something to be very proud of.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Should all be in game and not exclusive to events. Save the events for shiny, special move, and perfect IV distribution and make us work extra hard for the mythicals in game. Make them like roaming Pokemon, but make them appear in only one patch of grass at a time and dont let the player track them. Thatll make their appearance very special and something to be very proud of.

Maybe make them have difficult parameters to encounter, like the Regis in ORAS? Like you need to collect a certain number of items, or you need a specific team, or you need to do something, and then you get the chance to battle/encounter them. Make players work for it.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
Maybe make them have difficult parameters to encounter, like the Regis in ORAS? Like you need to collect a certain number of items, or you need a specific team, or you need to do something, and then you get the chance to battle/encounter them. Make players work for it.
Works for me. As long as theyre harder to find and harder to encounter than the other Pokemon in the game thats what matters. They need to feel special and have work behind them.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Works for me. As long as theyre harder to find and harder to encounter than the other Pokemon in the game thats what matters. They need to feel special and have work behind them.

Jirachi is only supposed to awaken for a week every 1000 years, I don't think it gets much harder than that. Just imagine the kind of cool events they could have for a mythical, stuff like the Sinjoh Ruins events.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Honestly they should just make DLCs to make hose Pokemons catchable. Serial codes or somethings like that...no.

I really hope GF makes DLCs available.

I NEVER got any mythical pokemon except from Keldeo in Gen 5.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I don't even understand how to use the serial code method. And the mythicals you get through more dubious methods are still mythical, they're just not gotten fairly. :P
So if that counts, then I've gotten all of them {XD}

Tbh. even those that I got through hacking, are just sitting in my box and as soon as I get a legit one, I like to release the hacked one.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
When I first heard about Mythical Pokemon, I assumed they'd all be extra-dimensional time-traveling dragons with horns and spikes everywhere.

This thing is adorable though

250px-492Shaymin-Land.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
So if that counts, then I've gotten all of them {XD}

Tbh. even those that I got through hacking, are just sitting in my box and as soon as I get a legit one, I like to release the hacked one.

That was me back in the Diamond/Pearl days. There wasn't a mythical Pokémon that I didn't cheat to obtain. {XD} I was obsessed with Shaymin for whatever reason, and I literally had an entire box of my PC full of it.

Back