• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shiny League Challenge

006.gif
038.gif
--The Shiny Leauge Challenge--
181.gif
197.gif

282.gif
376.gif
405f.gif
--FREAKIN' SHINIES!!!!--
461f.gif
571.gif
612.gif

Do you like shiny Pokemon? Have you already beaten the 6th gen games? Are you a breeder? Do you have no life (like me), just have a lot of extra time on your hands, or are good at multitasking? Well then this is the challenge for you!

A while back, I decided to try my hand at shiny breeding. Then somehow I got the bright idea to assemble an all shiny team to take to the Pokemon League. So I thought, 'why not make a challenge out of it?' So here it is!

The rules are simple:
Spoiler:

Don't forget to sign up!

Username:
IGN:
Game Version:
Intended Shiny Members (optional):​

For example, here's mine.
Username: ThatChickWithNoLife
IGN: Ann Marie
Game Version: X
Intended Shiny Members: None so far other than the two I have already, though currently breeding a Pumpkaboo​

When you obtain a new shiny member introduce them with a small post including:
A picture of the shiny Pokemon you obtained (you can find good X/Y shiny sprites here --> http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon_variocolores.php?cid=0#shinygroup0)
The Pokemon's nickname, gender and how you obtained them (i.e. Masuda Method, Friend Safari, Hordes, Poke Radar, etc.)

Put 'Shiny Hunter FTW' at the bottom of your sign up to show you've read the rules.

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Last edited:
Well, let me start off the team introductions with my first Shiny League Member!
ralts.gif
kirlia.gif
gardevoir.gif
gardevoir-mega.gif

Meet Sahana, hatched via Masuda method on June 6th, 2014. My very first hatched shiny, I'll admit I was pretty shocked when she hatched(I almost had a heart attack). Needless to say, I grinded until she evoleved into a Kirlia and then finally a Gardevoir. Even though she wasn't IV bred, I EV trained her Sp. Attack to the max and add the power boost she gets with her mega evolution, she's quite the force to be reckoned with.

A little bit of trivia; Sahana is actually the daughter of the Ralts given to you by Diantha post game.
'Sahana' means 'patience' in Indian. Another fun fact, Sahana's original name was 'Patience', but I changed it because it was just waaaay to cheesy.
The reason I chose Ralts for my first Masuda Shiny was.... just look at Gardevoir's shiny mega!!!

Last edited:
Years
Username: SkorXX
IGN: Shawn
Game Version: Pokemon Perfect Platinum!
Intended Shiny Members (optional): Gallade!

SHINY HUNTER FTW
!

Soo, My First Shiny League Pokemon is. . .
Turtwig!
387.gif

That took approximately, according to my bad math, 156 Soft Resets! =D

Last edited by a moderator:
And now for my second Shiny League Member.
camerupt.gif

Meet Vesuvius, caught in the Friend Safari on October 22, 2014. Obviously named after the iconic volcano that buried Pompei, Vesuvius has yet to live up to his namesake in battle (I haven't used him much). Probably gonna EV train him in Attack and Defense and use him as a tank. Because of Vesuvius I have a new-found love for Camerupt mainly... because he's so cute in Amie... <3

Trivia: I wasn't actually looking for shinies when I found Vesuvius. I was actually looking for hidden abilities, so seeing a shiny Camerupt pop out of the grass really took me off guard.

Years
Username: AoTora
IGN: Lara
Game Version: Platinum
Intended Shiny Members (optional): Will see what I can get. This will take a long time to complete though but it should be fun :3

Hi, challengers! It's been a while for me, but you know how long shiny hunting can take :/
But anyway here's the 3rd and newest member of my team:
032.gif

Meet Macbeth the shiny Nidoran, hatched randomly just today (January 8, 2015)! Boy, did this guy take me by surprise! Even more than the first two did! I was actually trying to breed an HA Nidoran (f) for a trade request, and during the breeding session, this little guy came popping out of one of the eggs. Have no idea what I'm going to EV train him in, or what I'm gonna have him do on the team, probably gonna make him a powerhouse with his Hidden Ability...

My team is coming along slowly, but surely. Can't wait to meet the last three shinies for my team.

Trivia: While most people think he's named after the famous Shakespeare character, he's actually named after the Macbeth character from the animated show Gargoyles, who, in my opinion, was a little more epic and awesome than Shakespeare's version. (P.S. if you haven't seen Gargoyles, check it out, it's a pretty good show.)
Macbeth was actually only the second Nidoran I hatched in the breeding session.
He hatched so unexpectedly that he actually took me by surprise and confused me. I saw the blue and thought I'd hatched a girl, but saw it was bigger and thought I hatched a boy. I'll admit it took me a few seconds to realize that he was a shiny male... :P

Back