• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I REMEMBER THIS TOO! Ichiro keeps speaking of revamping it, you know. Again. XD

For real?! I remember trying to rejoin the second one, but it died before it started. Haha. Hopefully, he'll do it. :3

Don't be so harsh on yourself, you did pretty well in Focus Shift; albeit us other RPers weren't so good ourselves. Hahaha.

Thanks, haha. (No matter what I'll still think I was pretty bad :P)

P.S. Remake Focus Shift!

Gonna see if I can get some feedback on this now, seeing as last time failed disastrously... XD

Well, I rather like the idea and it seem all the questions I was going to ask were already answered, haha. Nonetheless, you've seemed to put a lot of work into this and if you keep doing that, it'll be great!

@RPA Winners: Congratulations you guys! I know you all deserve it very much!

Also, I've seen multiple high fantasy RPs here that have received pretty good feedback and interest. The thing is would anybody be interested in the opposite? A futuristic styled RP to be exact. E.g. Space travel, several species, unique planets and governments. So far I've thought of about six sentient species and about eleven main planets. I'll likely post a bunch of info tomorrow.

However, my question is this: How would a Roleplay like this be received in your eyes?

Also, I'm trying to think of Harry Potter RP for those interested.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
COMMENCE THANK YOU SPEECH.~

I wanted to uhh... thank the people that voted/nominated me for Best Rookie Roleplayer! To be quite honest I wasn't expecting to get an award at such short time being here as an RP regular! Being a roleplayer here on PC is so much fun, and I really enjoy it a lot, especially when I don't have anything to do at my section! xD Sooo yeah! I'll be sure to stick around here longer, even if I have a very tight schedule right now! <3 you all! ^__^

I also want to congratulate all the other winners of this quarter's RPAs. All of them truly deserved to win. <3

Oh man, Skyrim...that RP looks amazing, but sadly I can't join more. I WILL FOLLOW THOUGH.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I can't believe I finally got to be the best roleplayer :') I just want to say thank you, those who voted for me. Strange, I didn't think I cared much about the RPA, but it feels... good. Now I can relax and become lazy! lol

Congratulations Meg and all the others who won too!

Also, join Atlantis if you feel like you have time for another RP. It's amazing, so alive and real. And apparently it's got the best GMs ;)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
lolIwon

totally called the annoying roleplayer part though. I was pretty shocked when I realized I had won most improved (!) and most helpful (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anyways, thanks to Ichiro and Supervegeta for voting for me lol. If I decided to come back soon I'll try out for Atlantis Arising and Hyrus first (even though I doubt you'll let me in LOL) :]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Great job to everyone who won! I'm so happy for all of you! :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well done everyone! :)

@Atlantis I remember reading the thread before I became involved in the RP here, I love the idea (and super powers *-*) but I don't think I have the time. From peeking at the IC thread it looks like everyone else is doing well though!

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Well done to all of the winners of the RPAs! Well deserved!

May have to have a peak at Atlantis Arising. Was keeping my eye on it but wasnt sure I'd have the time. Luckily I believe I do now.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I feel like I've grown so much, albeit after the RPA's, but still. Perhaps I might show up somewhere next time? Unlikely, but it's still possible. I can only dream, anyways.

Congratulations to all of the RPA winners, you've earned it!

You know what you've also earned? A new discussion topic!

When deciding on an appearance for your characters, do you prefer to use pictures or to make detailed descriptions (or both)? Why?
I create them myself. Using existing pictures doesn't work out for me. I feel like I'm making a cliched character when I do.

However, I do make pictures for each of my characters after I've created their appearance.

Look, here they are now!

Tsurara (SacredFire/DivineWater)
Tsurara-Densetsu.gif

Amethyst (Pokemon Fallout)
Amethyst.jpg

Kiba (Earth & Sky)
Kiba.png

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
When deciding on an appearance for your characters, do you prefer to use pictures or to make detailed descriptions (or both)? Why?

Hmm, I used to only make detailed descriptions when I created characters merely due to the fact that when I tried to find a character picture, most of the results ended up being somewhat dirty. (I am forever scarred, ;-; ) However, parallelzero recommended safebooru. From there on out, I've been using both pictures and detailed descriptions.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I used to think images was a cheap way to not have to think about your appearance enough. But that's only true if you don't make an effort when you find your picture. A picture really can say more than a thousand words. The problem for people like me who can't really draw anything themselves is that they have to either find a picture that really fits the appearance you've thought up, or you have to find a pic that you feel could be a good base for your character.

But anyways, I'm not against using pictures anymore. Quite the other way around. I don't know if my brain it starting to get moldy or lazy xD but I like to have a picture to look at when I imagine RP characters. Who said a picture couldn't be "detailed"? ;)

Of course there are those who are really good at writing SUs and can make me really see the person in front of me as I read.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I honestly feel like effort is best spent on other parts of a character, and that effort is best spent on appearance only to make yourself satisfied with how your character looks. After all, appearances are ultimately fairly shallow, right?

That being said, I am very difficult to satisfy and have in the past spent hours on end spriting my characters.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Well, there are some instances on where a picture isn't enough. I mean, pictures can be there to fill in an apperence, but that's just it- they're pictures. They would only give the surface on your desired character's appearance imo. Hence why I usually choose detailed descriptions.

That and it makes my SU look longer. <3

BTW Not sure if anyone remembers me, buuuut since I'm not as busy anymore, I'm looking for a roleplay to um, roleplay in, hehe.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Looks great Skymin. This is the second time in 12 hours I've had to try and work out if I have the free time for another role play at the moment!

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
When deciding how my character looks, there are a LOT of things I'm concerning myself with. I feel that it should reflect their personality, so I spend my time looking through several other pictures and decide on certain things that I like. Basically, all of my characters are 50% custom description and 50% based on a picture.

But there have been times when I saw a picture that fit what I envisioned for a character so perfectly, I just wrote up a description for that exact picture and used that. Thanks to this habit, I have a LOT of pictures from anime I've never watched or heard of... >.<

And I'm with Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers. Detailed descriptions can really turn off (lazy) people when they're trying to get an idea of what your character looks like. I have no artistic ability whatsoever, nor do I sprite, or such, even with my graphic imagination. Pictures are the best I've got to give people a visual representation of my characters.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I also have a question(s).

How many RPs are you currently roleplaying in? Which ones are they? And, what is your number limit for how many RPs you'll join?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
At the moment, I'm in two active RPs (3 if Elder Scrolls isn't suspended), those being Sacred Fire/Divine Water and Pokemon Fallout. I'm applying for Pandora, and I'm in two suspended ones (one if Elder Scrolls isn't), Youkai Academy.

3's my limit, though sometimes I overstep line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back