• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Infirmary.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie shifted her head to acknowledge Drake as he entered, only to stop herself and sort of half-glare at Kilik. What exactly did he think /he/ was doing here? She turned her gaze away, shifting her head to look off in the opposite direction of the newcomers.

"I'm fine." she stated in a somewhat dismissive tone, back to her normal self. She could go through the process of figuring out what exactly had happened back there later. Her guess was that aliens had probed her brain or something. Or perhaps those hormone things. Those were magic and destroyed you as a person, right? Or perhaps... /voodoo/! Witchcraft was a plausible explanation, as was the Illuminati. "...But, what about the Thanksgiving dinner?" she eventually spoke up to ask in a semi-concerned tone. She kind of didn't want to miss the big holiday dinner, even if she was arguably injured. She didn't want a lot of things, like to be seen by /that boy/ right now.

"That's a long story, kid..." the ghostly voice said in a slightly dismissive tone. Only Kiyoko could hear it. The ghost and it's mask had vanished back into Valorie's presence, hiding there as if shy of human contact. He didn't sound shy, though! ...Was he?

Olivia Wolf - Icy Plains
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olivia contemplated the idea of tights. What was that? Hard work and training? She cringed at the thought. It seemed like perhaps tights would be the lesser of two evil, but tights had this tendency to rip—Oh... Nemo. You devious flirt! Why hadn't she thought of that? ...Probably because she was tunnel-visioned elsewhere, namely on Nemo's heart. For the moment being she contemplated how she could wear something like tights and make a fashion statement out of it that was aesthetically pleasing, allowing herself to remain cuddled up in Nemo's arms. Practicality was lost on this one in favor of romance value, pride took a vacation in favor of emotional vulnerability and... Well, the point was she was totally digging this.

And then Nemo asked her about whether she loved her. R-Really? Had she not picked up on that yet? Surely she wasn't doing this all for Olivia for no reason. She wouldn't lead Olivia on, right?? ...Well not in Olivia's mind anyway. Romance didn't work like that.

"Well... yeah!" she said casually, as if it weren't a big deal. Didn't you see me shaking my booty back there, Nemo? What do I look like, someone who goes places and does that expecting money? ...Don't answer that. "Have you ever heard of love at first sight?" she asked in a mildly passionate tone, her arms still wrapped around the other female carrying her. "...Can you blame me?~" she asked sweetly, semi-subtly complimenting Nemo as the two of them made their way back to the school.

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus
Spoiler:

Gwen, realizing that she had indeed been torturing her mashed potatoes with her fork for a while now, let later item drop to the plate and pushed it away from herself slowly. She hoped that this would prevent the temptation of picking up the fork and playing with the increasingly cold food again.

"I'll give it to Poochyena later, she'll eat anything... apart from the food I specifically buy for her that is, but she's always been a pain like that."
She leaned back in her chair and stretched her arms above her head, and then let them fall to her side, exhaling softly afterwards. Lazily looking up at the ceiling she continued talking;
"No one really celebrates thanks-giving, it's just an excuse to eat too much really. I'm not sure where it originated from, it wasn't a native celebration where I grew up but my mother told me about it. Of course she never ate 'too much' because she had to 'watch her figure'."
Gwen scoffed, then it occurred to her that she barely knew this boy, yet she was practically forcing her life-story down his throat. She thought quietly to herself for a while; 'Perhaps I should give him my dairy as home-work, that way he wouldn't have to listen to me.'

Gwen let out a soft laugh at her internal joke before starting up conversation again.

"It wouldn't work anyway, having that many kids all sleeping together is a terrible plan, bound to end in disaster."
She noticed that Indigo looked slightly confused about the sudden change of subject.
"The dorms, that's why they split us up I think" She added to clear up confusion.

"It's a shame though, that we're not in the same dorm I mean. Now I have to introduce myself to others as well. Still that will have to wait, I was going to go out tonight to look around for a bit, so I'll have to greet everyone tomorrow instead."

Gwen watched a Growlithe on the table adjacent to them happily licking it's owners plate clean, which reminded her of her own pokemon. For a minute when she thought of her own pokemon she simply thought of her Poochyena; Amber. However a moment later a hyperactive blue shape came tooting into her thoughts.

"I should probably get going actually. I caught a Phanpy earlier, and I want to take it to the Pokecenter tonight to get it checked out. Neither of my pokemon have eaten yet either..
So, how about you? What are you going to do, it's getting dark, but I'm headed out after I've been to the dorms. Need to go to Oak Town Pokecenter, and then I want to see what pokemon are around at night.
I... I like to study pokemon, not just battle or befriend them. I've wanted to be a researcher for some time, so stuff like regional variation in nocturnal and diurnal habits for particular pokemon demographics is quite interesting..."

For a brief moment Gwen wore a curious expression on her face as she stopped mid speech.

"That sounded a lot more geeky than I intended. I promise, I'm not always boring."

Although she had just mentioned leaving, she made no attempt to do so yet. After removing her fork from the untouched plate of food, Gwen picked the plate up and looked at Indigo saying;
"I'm going to take this and give it to my pokemon in the dorms, I'm sure the kitchen-staff won't miss one plate...
I'll bring it back anyway"
"Probably." She added guiltily.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
Daniel suddenly realised what day it was."Today is a party day.Did they call it WanksGivin?",he asked his pokemon.Draca looked confused.Fira scratched her head.Daniel shook his head."Oh no...We will never have place in the line by now!",he said,looking at sad faces of his friends.He then snapped his fingers,with an idea."I know fellas!Whaddaya say we go back at our dorm and eat something we like?",he said at his jumping pokemon,more jolly than a Sunflora on a Summer day.The troupe picked up their stuff and left the forest.Back at their room,Daniel picked up a tapaware from the mini-fridge.Fira quickly grabbed it,and before anyone could see,the meal was cooked.Daniel chuckled as Draca grabbed four plates and put them on the bed,and Argo put some meat pieces from the container on the plates.The pokemon sat around the bed,behind their plates,and so did Drace.He lifted up his cup."Well,we don't know what that WanksaGoin of them is.But,dear friends and bed and furniture,let us celebrate the day we arrived at the academy,and our destiny changed!",he said.Draca and Fira jumped with happiness,hugging each other(someday I'll explain why they are so close) and dancing around the room,celebrating like there was no tomorrow.Argo crossed his arms.His nose twiched,like if he was going to sneeze.But he wasn't.By miracles of all worlds and almighty Arceus above,he smiled.Not an awful grin,not a small incomplete try of a smile,a full,bright,happy smile.Daniel,seeing his grumpy Treecko give his first smile,he smilled even brighter than the morning sun.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
Trying to ignore the view of the volcano, Haru grabbed another roll and started to casually bite into that. Icarus had snatched the crushed one while he wasn't focused, but he didn't mind that much. The silence was rather awkward to the boy, though. He guessed he had to think of something to say to Hatake. How was the weather? Nah, he could guess with the different climates on the island it'd be hard to get a straight-forward answer. Got a girlfriend? No, that was prying a little too much. Maybe you should go get you Munchlax before he got into more trouble? ... Haru wasn't very good at this.

"... So, going to sound like a weird question, but, what is there to do here?" Haru asked Hatake. Surprised, he mentally patted himself on the back. That was better than the other questions he considered.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"...So, going to sound like a weird question, but what is there to do here?" Windsong asked Haru.

Haru quickly swallowed a ladle-sized bite of mashed potatos and replied, "Oh, there's tons of stuff. There's Oak Town, where the port is. There are tons of shops and restraunts there. Void over there managed to clean out an entire buffet." He gestured towards the still-rampaging Munchlax and laughed. "He seems to be the real troublemaker in my group. He's too friendly for his own good." He jogged his memory for other past times. "There are all kinds of ecosystems around the academy. Practically an infinite amount of pokemon." He sighed. "You see, I got a girlfriend earlier today and we went on a walk." He gave a laugh of triumph...mentally of course...for mentioning his girlfriend. "I play guitar a lot. I've only been here for a day, though. I had a class earlier."

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
Haru did his best not to out-right frown slightly at Hatake's final statement. The two were only at a one-day seniority difference? And yet he already had a girlfriend and knew a few of the local spots? He wasn't sure if getting accustomed to academy life was easy or that he and Hatake were just completely opposite people. Perhaps it was because one day at the academy could last days or even months. Haru turned to stare at you from behind the monitor. He sees what you're doing and is very disappointed in you. Go stand in the corner. there was a lot of time in the day freely given to the students in addition to free-roaming across the island.

"I'm guessing there's a TM shop there? Think they have Secret Power?" Haru asked. He wasn't against living in the dorms, whether he bunked with Hatake or not, but it would still be kinda cool to have his own secret place. There were probably a lot of secret bases across the island but it couldn't have hurt to have his own base. Who knows what you might need a secret base for?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Oak Town​

Lucia was slightly confused as Mark seemed to tense up and stumbled a bit with his words. It was rather strange, but she supposed it was because it could be the chill wind in the air. "Well, how about we go out to the fields then? We can bring out the rest of our pokemon and just look up at the stars? It'll be very pretty and I'm sure our own pokemon could just bond with each other for a bit." She smiled weakly as she glanced up again. "But, if you really are thinking about specializing in ghosts, I would suggest maybe catching another one and seeing how well you can keep it under control. Or even if you want to, just spend some time over there at that dorm. Just spend time with them and maybe you'll even get some willing participants who want to be caught?" She said.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru nodded. Windsong seemed like a secret base kind of fellow. "Yeah. I actually went there lst night...I didn't buy anything...but I'd assume so. They had all kinds of them." He would've bought some, but he met Renato. Oddly, he seemed to be asleep still. Haru would have to give him an earful when he woke up. (HINT HINT TROYAMONGA) "Maybe we can go down there after lunch. I myself am in need if a few TM's." Haru had forgotten what he was going to buy when he went, but he now new what he wanted.

Void had emerged from the kitche, his stomach finally satiated. His mouth was soaked with turkey grease. He had defeated the cooks with a powerful Spit-up attack....It was really just a bad case of projectile vomiting. He approached the other pokemon at the table and took a seat.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Mana Murasaki
The Espeon girl
At the Infirmary

196.gif
471.gif

Mana entered the room after Drake and Kilik did. This was very awkward for her since she had used attract on Valorie a little why ago. Mana had the urge to apologize to Valorie but she would probably ask her why. Also… she could receive a lot of questions anytime soon now.

Mana took a look at the backs of Drake and Kilik's heads, then turned her gaze to Valorie, then to the floor. Right now she was just being a little shy.

(ooc: sorry… not much to post right now ^^;;)

Roxas Jaden Asakura
Alice's room

025.gif
197.gif
448.gif

Roxas noticed what he had done. His face turned red as he slowly stood up and tried to avoid Alice's face. This couldn't be possible. He wasn't allowed to have these feelings for her, he shouldn't have kissed her. He was two years older, and member of Team Rocket! This was impossible…

Roxas glanced at her before turning entirely red and turned around. "I-I'm sorry!" He called Luna back but forgot Obilivio, so Roxas ran away, followed by his Lucario.

While running he didn't watch where he was going and bumped into… a boy? "Dude! Watch where you are going!!" Roxas immediately shouted, ofcourse he didn't mean it like that but well… look what just happened!

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark thought about the choices a bit. He wasn't really up for too much excitement from the ghosts today. Maybe he could fit a visit to the dorm tomorrow but right now just relaxing and gazing up at the stars seems more proper. Mark smiled.

"I wouldn't mind going out to the fields. I kind of want to relax after all of the stuff that happened today. If we got time later today we can visit the dorm. Its much more active at the brink of dusk. I'm half expecting that they would have like parties there or something. Haha. It would be fitting for thanksgiving." Mark said happily, playing with the cut in his shirt every so often out of habit.

Marked tensed down a bit and smiled at Lucia. This day was already turning out better. Bonding probably does that. Lucia was quickly turning out to be one of Mark's best friends pretty quickly.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
"Sounds good," Haru said with a slight nod. He was already wondering where he should try and find his secret base. Up in the mountains would be kinda cool, so would by a lake or waterfall. He was used to the forest setting, but even then having a tree base would be really cool. He'd just have to make sure that Kaiser was on his best behavior; the fire-type was known to be overly protective and one wrong move and the island was dealing with a forest fire. At least a place where water was accessible would be nice.

"Have you battled anyone yet? I heard there were some tough trainers here," Haru added. Battling would be fun as a free-time hobby. He noticed the battle stages out in the front so at least some classes might have them as part of the curriculum. As a new trainer to the island, though, it might have been in his best interest to not go looking for the tougher challenges just yet.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

WHITNEY the TECHIE
Academy Grounds

Chapter One: Part Four
An (Un)Safe Arrival!

"Alright, Pidge. Let's go see our new roo--" Bump! Now, who would be so rude as to run into her like that? "Hey, watch where ya step, you--"

"Dude! Watch where you are going!!"

Oh, /heck/ no. "Ex/cuse/ me!? I'm a GIRL!!" She grabbed the guy by his shirt collar, before he could get away. She didn't lift him off of the ground because, well, she wasn't that strong. But boy, she was angry now. "/Look at me/. Look at me and tell me I look like a boy!! I DARE YOU!! AND ANOTHER THING, YOU DON'T SEEM THAT BRIGHT, I COULD DANCE CIRCLES AROUND YOU WITH MY KNOWLEDGE AND FURTHERMORE, YOU--"

... You what, Whitney? Whitney just now realized what she was doing, and saw the guy's face... W-wow... Kinda cute... But, he called me a dude! Dang it, what kind of game is this anyways??

Despite a momentary blush, Whitney adjusted her glasses by pushing them up the bridge of her nose, releasing her grip, and dusting her hands off. "Um... I'll let you off with a warning. But just this time." She turned and continued walking toward the Suicune Dorm, whistling nonchalantly and as casual as she possibly could. Pidge's bright wings (which look like Whitney's angel wings at the moment) flapped rather furiously for a second before settling again.

Don't look, Witty. He's not worth your time. No, I don't care what he looks like! ... Honest!

!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura
Alice's room

025.gif
197.gif
448.gif

Roxas got scolded by the dude that was appearently a girl. The only thing Roxas could do was continueing his cold glare and showing absolutely no fear for this… girl. For a moment this "girl" seemed to be blushing but… that would be kind of impossible. So when she finally pushed him away from her, he just brushed his blonde hair out of his face and brushed the dust from his Suicune dorm jacket.

"Pffftttt, girls who shout at people like that are no girls." Roxas said, just when she had said she would let him go for this time nice going Roxas. Roxas notices two white… wings? Coming out of her back. "White wings won't make you seem nicer, you know." Roxas grinned as he made his comeback and stood up. Like this he obviously showed the girl that he was taller.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru nodded. "There are all kinds of trainers you can battle. I don't think they mind if you kill each other as long as you aren't class." He chuckled at his own humor. "Earlier today I had a battle with this jerk. A double battle actually. This guy, Lance, and I defeated him." He decided to throw in a lie. "It was easy." Things were good for Haru. He had about six new friends, one of them a girlfriend, he had won a battle, he had two new pokemon, and he only made a fool of himself once!

He finally inhaled the last bit of his mashed potatoes and turkey and used a napkin to clean his face off. He noticed Void returned to the table. "Hey there buddy. Did you have a nice dinner?" The Munchlax nodded enthusiastically and rubbed his tummy. "Good." It was all Haru could do not to burst out laughing.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

WHITNEY the TECHIE
Academy Grounds

Chapter One: Part Five
An (Un)Safe Arrival!

"Eh, wings?" She barely heard whatever the boy had said, but she humored him by turning and walking back. "I don't need to be nice. Not to ignorant freaks like you who call me a dude. Are you blind or something!? Obviously, because /you/ ran into /me/! This is my friend, and she'll peck your eyes out if I tell her to. Not that it matters, you don't use them anyways." She shook her head disapprovingly, crossing her arms and walking in the direction of her dorm again. "I've got important things to do, and those things don't including teaching some idiot about birds and bees."

Whitney decided to just continue walking, and Pidge emerged her head from the backpack, sticking her bird-tongue out at the guy.

!

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
"Uh-huh..." Haru said as he bit into a roll. Lance? The Lance? Elite Four of Kanto and Champion of Johto? He might have been living in Hoenn, but even someone like Lance is pretty well-known there. There was no way a battle with him would be easy even if he went easy on someone. Hatake was definitely being full of it right there. Haru would have called him out on it too but he wasn't about to start something with the first person that actually said hello to him on the island. Still, that didn't mean that he couldn't mess with him a little. "... I guess it's easy to beat such a renowned guy like Lance!"

Luna looked up in confusion. Was that a challenge that her partner was issuing? Or was he just being sarcastic? Usually she'd know... maybe it was just to get a stir out of their new friend across the table.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru realized his mistake. "Ohhh. You think I battled Lance? The guy who helped me battle's name was Lance Caster. Not THE Lance." He laughed. "There are only a couple people who could possibly beat Lance: Ethan Gold and Red." Those were his favorite trainers, specifically Red. He was amazing. "The bully was nameless." He laughed a little harder. "Lance would cream me with a Magikarp. For real." He put emphasis on the Magikarp. "Anyways...the food here is pretty good." He decided to change the subject. He didn't like people thinking he was all big and bad. When people think your tough, they decide to see if your tough. If they decide to see if your tough, you end up in a road side ditch. Don't end up in a road side ditch. Get Direct TV.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
"Oh..." Haru stammered as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. That clearly could have been better thought out. He was going to give himself credit that he proved that he knew who Lance was, but he was clearly looking at it the wrong way. He managed to recover when Hatake mentioned the food. "Well the rolls are good, at least. You'll have to ask Luna and Kaiser how the other stuff is," Haru pointed out, a quick cheer coming from both mentioned pokemon, "Well I guess they enjoy it at least."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled as Mark when he answered. "Well, the fields it is!" She giggled. Mark did mention that they could visit the dorm later. That WOULD be interesting she had to admit, to meet so many ghost types, but with Mark there she would be sure that he would protect her! Besides, he did have a control of ghosts he said, and with Snype there as well it would be neat to see how they all acted. Still it would be great to just relax and lie down in the grass and look up at the stars.

Roberto meanwhile was getting more and more tense. How DARE this boy try and be with Lucia! She was too young to even have a relationship! It started out innocently such as this… then before he knew it they would be making sure to spend time with each other and then one thing would lead to another! He would have to pull out all the stops without Lucia realizing what was happening, if she saw then she would surely put him back in his ball!

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru nodded and grabbed a roll, then took a large chunk out of it in one bite. He swallowed quickly. "I think you're right. These rolls are very good." He quickly wolfed it down in a couple more bites. Void was actually full for once. This was the first time it had happened in....since he got him. "Dang buddy! You cleaned out the entire kitchen!" He gasped as he realized how the Munchlax wasn't hungry. That was unnatural. Even for a Munchlax who was fit like Void. Haru stood up and offered his hand to Windsong. "What do you say? Friends?'

Back