• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you know?(Pokemon style)

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
Yes, I knew that.

Did you know that In R/B/Y you could fish in the gym statue, but could only catch Pokemon with an Old Rod or Good Rod? (Should you use a Super Rod, nothing happens.)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
No I didn't know that. That's mildly interesting.

DYK in the Anime, Ash and his mother are both voiced by the SAME voice actress? Mind=Blown x2 o_o

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
Whoa. Did not know that o.o

Did you know that in Generation 1 it was impossible to deal Super Effective Dragon damage?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
That's kinda.. strange. I did not know that o_o.

DYK that a Female Marowak was originally supposed to be evolvable into Kangaskhan in Gen. 1?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I knew that there was a theory, but not that it was intended.

DYK that the reason Dragon wasn't super effective is that the only Dragon move was Dragon Rage, which always dealt 40 damage?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Yup. I knew that ^^

DYK that Gyarados was designed to be Flying/Dragon instead of Water/Flying? It was later deemed overpowered because his only weakness was Dragon, and the only dragon-type move that existed at that time was DRAGON RAGE. ;)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yeah, I knew the first part, i spend ALOT of time on Bulbapedia ;) also it was.kind of obvious :\ i somehow didn't know the second part O_o

DYK that smeargle originally had red paint on his tail normally and green paint shiny?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I did not know that. I probably red (haha) it sometime without memory.

DYK that Dugtrio weighs about 41 times Diglett despite being three Diglett?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Yes, I did know that. Much like the Magnemite --> Magneton trio.

DYK that Paras was originally named Parasyte?

Did you ALSO know that Parasect was essentially a zombified paras? It is infected with a "parasitic" fungus which is why most people believe Parasect's eyes are blank-white.

Knowledge Bomb. Pew.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I did know that.

Did you know that every Pokemon to have a type change is and was Electric type? (Rotom's forms, Magnemite, Magneton)

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Wow, really? I didn't know that XD.

DYK that Arcanine's Species name is "Legendary Pokemon" despite it not being Legendary? :3

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
I knew that. Dark types are a main point of interest to me :3

Did you know that the only ground move that can hit a pokemon with Levitate without the use of Mold Breaker, Terravolt or Turbo Blaze is Sand Attack?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I never knew that o_o. Wow.

DYK in the anime, a character named Tracy replaced Brock for a short time? This was due to allegations of racism in the show.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
I did know that. Tracey Sketchit, possibly another spelling.

DYK that Genesect may be related to Kabutops? (both ancient, similar bodies)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Actually that's just a theory and never confirmed.

Did you know that Caterpie and Goldeen have the same cry in the Pokemon games?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Yup. I knew that for quite some time :)

DYK that Bide only does damage based on the damage it receives while charging the attack?

Back