• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen HURTING AUDINO, AYE OR NAY v2

Do you resentlessly target wild Audino?

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
Years
What good are Audino, if not for the experience?

Whenever I'm in the need for some grinding, they're my go-to targets.

D-poke

Fairly Far Fetched
Years
-drools over exp. points-:knockedou

Egg to Nidorino in exactly one hour. Thank you Audino!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just a few related questions here, do you think it was right for GF to make the cutest Pokemon the one with the most exp? Do you think that promotes a bad message to the public given that Plasma was p much the Pokemon version of PETA? Or shouldn't the two issues intertwine?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
DIE Forever

Uhh, I'm not sure if it was right or not but I do think it's funny because you know how people don't want to "kill" cute things but in order to get that exp you need to.

I don't think it promotes a bad message to the public necessary because if you go that route I'm pretty sure there are tons of things in Pokemon that would "promote a bad message" or you can look at a lot of things like that.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
In the interests of convenience, I faint any Audino I see. I'm impatient and I detest grinding, so having such a great source of experience points really helps me get through the game. That being said, sometimes if I'm in a blue mood, I do feel a little bit guilty whenever I down an Audino...

As for Game Freak making one of the cutest Pokemon in the game one of the highest sources of experience, it's supposed to be a matiarch / support Pokemon, so they fit pretty well with each other... being cute is most probably just collateral damage.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think it promotes a bad message to the public necessary because if you go that route I'm pretty sure there are tons of things in Pokemon that would "promote a bad message" or you can look at a lot of things like that.

That's a good point!

Actually guys... isn't there a deeper message you can take from it, like, maybe that pink = female (the connotation, and given it works with Nurse Joy etc, and it + Chansey are nurses, and nurses are portrayed as female), and therefore you slay the female rather than a male for more exp, the reverse of spiders, which actually is a bad message? Or do you think by that it's defying the gender norms? Thoughts anyone?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I don't like to do it, but i do anyway if i need to grind a little.

Why'd they have to make it adorable!? I feel guilty after every one i defeat, sometimes going "Sorry dude..." after each. Why couldn't something else have been the EXP Pinata, like Emolga. I have a serious hate for Emolga.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Well yeah, the thing yields high XP... so I do KO them whenever they pop up :P

I pwned a level 2 Purrloin w/ the level 100 Deoxys I got for free today from a wifi event, these things aren't real so I'm not going to have mercy on the cuter pixelated characters :P

I also made sure to use Nasty Plot 3 times 1st so that it would be about -9,999% of the things HP when I did hit it lol

In a semi related note, I have a roach problem in my bathroom, and I think I die a little bit inside every time I have to step on baby roaches, but I know if I don't they will grow to be the big nasty ones, and have 1,000 more babies that will also grow into big nasty ones, and come into my bedroom and crawl on all my stuff, etc.

Actually it bothers me a little even to kill the big ones when they're just in my bathroom, not as much as the baby ones though

But it's simply unreasonable to try to scoop them up and throw them out, there's too many and they'd get back in anyway and if I don't keep their population under control my house could end up looking like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xs4OX8nl8o

And I ain't letting that happen!

So, I mean... the point of all of that rambling was that, while I show no mercy to cute pokemon because they aren't real, and I still don't show mercy to real life creatures.... that at least I do feel kind of bad about it and I'm not totally heartless

Last edited:

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I could honestly care less x( Audino gives up so much exp in death so I figure taking them out is worth it to quickly level up your team. Audino grinding+lucky egg= EASY LEVEL UPS. Thats one fault I had with gen 4, especially heart gold. It was way too time-consuming to level up your pokemon.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
I don't really train against Audino, instead I train against the E4.
I usually don't hurt them as I kept running away from them in order to find those "5%" Pokemon in the rustling grass.
Although I do pity it somehow... :(

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I don't but my girlfriend does. She smashed many Audino's on her way to beating the gym leaders.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
I like Audino, i even catch them whenever i can. of course, until now i didn't know that they gave a lot of EXP... Also, i was seriously scared that its simple beam changed my Pokemon's ability permanently.

EDIT: so do i like hurting this pokemon? i guess i'd just say... Audino.

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I'd usually say Nay, but when that cruel harlot throws that brutal heal pulse attack at me I can't help but have my Pokemon bash its face against the pavement.

Ashmi

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵? ??)
Years
I really don't like Audino. It gives good XP, so even if I liked it, I'd still mercilessly bash it ;)

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I could never accept Audino into my heart. I just cling to my memories of Chansey and Blissey, and there is no more room in my heart for another pink nurse pokemon. So yeah, every time the grass shakes, I pray that it's an Audino for me to destroy. The extra EXP is just a bonus.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Well the debate comes down to this. What do you desire more? Carrying around a fat pink chansey wannabe or... A little extra EXP and, if your creative enough, a new hood ornament!
Spoiler:

Okazaki~Tomoya

A place were dreams come true
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
I've felt a smidge guilty since i used Sheer Cold on one the other day just after it healed me.
Poor thing.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
I've found Audino be too hard to find for the purpose of leveling. I only battle them if I encounter them during the adventure. You actually don't need to grind a whole lot in Gen V because there are plenty of trainers in the game and the Lucky Egg is obtained during the story.

Back