• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

greenozano

Master of Pokemon
Years
Are they only on one floor or the other? I've been in the basement for 15 minutes walking around already without any luck.

Thanks for the advice, though. Sucks that the traditional .sav files don't work with this hack =\

Oh! Can I save my state, delete my .sav file and then just pick up where I left off? Last time I used an emu was YEARS ago, so...

Yeah you can use your state but there would be a less chance of it working properly and you can only find mudkip on the First Floor you warp on.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Are they only on one floor or the other? I've been in the basement for 15 minutes walking around already without any luck.

Thanks for the advice, though. Sucks that the traditional .sav files don't work with this hack =\

Oh! Can I save my state, delete my .sav file and then just pick up where I left off? Last time I used an emu was YEARS ago, so...

if you read the glitch reports it says to save before using the killing route 32 pc. it will work as long as you save before hand. and on a side note you need that .sav file to get past the elite four. so it's best to be able to save. you didn't really need to delete your save file.

@greenozano please make sure you know what your saying before saying it. it really does confuse people into doing the wrong things. I know accidents happen so next time please do your research. Thanks

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2008
Hey Zel

I just wanted to voice my respect for you and the 1337 programming you have accomplished making this hack.

and i wanted to ask (since i havent found an explanation for this problem on the first page) why all the unown's look the same. I suppose since this is still a beta there hasnt been time to make proper sprite's for all the letter's of the unown "alphabet".

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
if you read the glitch reports it says to save before using the killing route 32 pc. it will work as long as you save before hand. and on a side note you need that .sav file to get past the elite four. so it's best to be able to save. you didn't really need to delete your save file.
My apologies, I had skimmed over the bug reports yesterday, but a lot had happened since then, you see. I just popped in to comment on the Pokemon Center problem. I never actually deleted my .sav file anyway, since I fell asleep searching for a Mudkip soon after I posted, heh.

These 1% encounter rates are killing me...

Shrike

VIP
Years
Well, there'll be probably more TMs as prizes more later in the game (most likely, at the end of the game), because despite that it is fun to have the right moves, struggling to decide who to give the few ones you have is also necessary to increase the challenge.

I agree that having a limited amount of TMs makes the game more challenging. And so I think it's a great idea to make the powerful TMs available only at the end of the game, since you struggle enough with a limited amount of TMs through the main game (where in lies most of the challenge ofcourse) and get ''rewarded'' with useful, hard to get TMs at the end of the game.

Cheers and good luck with you hack, Shrike

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey I could clean up some of your sprites (like that Ho-Oh on ur title screen) and create some gym leader overworld sprites (since you seem to be recycling ones that you already have from the game). I currently sprite for mugen (idk if you know what that is), so I'm very used to spriting. I could show you some of my works if you're not sure.

Well, for now, spriting is not really a priority. I'll call on you later if you are still around by then. If you want to show me your work, just PM me whenever you want (Side Note: I know what Mugen is ;))

Hey Zel

I just wanted to voice my respect for you and the 1337 programming you have accomplished making this hack.

and i wanted to ask (since i havent found an explanation for this problem on the first page) why all the unown's look the same. I suppose since this is still a beta there hasnt been time to make proper sprite's for all the letter's of the unown "alphabet".

The Ruins of Alph is something that I never had idea of what to do with it, so I left all related to it quite unfinished. In the end, I'll touch the original FR chambers to make it into the Gold chambers, that way the Unowns should remain appearing with the whole alphabet (since AMap doesnt specify which letter will appear so the first Unown is the only one that appears), of course it'll also mean I'll have to move Ralts and Wynaut somewhere else.
And about the puzzles, although I had an idea about using overworlds for the puzzle blocks, since that failed I have to think on something else. Once I have an idea about it, I'll finish all that is related to Ruins of Alph.

Finally, to ANinyMouse's problem, let me remember that Route32, Route10 and Lavender's Pokemon Centers are not REAL PCs, in the sense they dont work as the "normal" PCs, yes, they heal you, but only if you've used another PC previously during the current play (if you just loaded and you go to one of these PCs, they crash), and, additionaly, if you lose, you wont be sent back to these PCs, but you'll be sent back to the last "real" PC you've used previously.
It's just because FR doesnt have enough PCs as Gold had, we have to live with that problem (unless, for now...)

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
zel you said its not your mission to make it work outside regular emu
true but i found out that it DOES save in my vbagx, only it shuts down when u use the save option in the menu (although i only did this once up to now in the cherrygrove pc COM center, and when i tried to do it again the game just freezes), so i guess i might be able to go trough the game (i heard some guys talk about a autosave between the elite 4 guys, if u did it its a BRILLIANT idea)

only to say that if you could fix that menu problem ill build a shrine for you :D

anyway i have (finnaly!) something to contribute
in aquilae's SGX walkthrough there are several trainers with below-par pokes, being the secondary rivals (jess&jamie (lol) that one couple and amelia) the most proeminant
since the walkthrough only goes up to saffron it could be from a previous beta (most probable) but anyway check it

about that, are u intendig to put (if u put him at all, but u better GRR) Red's pokes at lv100?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
about that, are u intendig to put (if u put him at all, but u better GRR) Red's pokes at lv100?
Yes, Red will be in the game due to the fact that it is a Gold remake, and Red was in Gold. ._.
But, his pokemon will not be a Lv.100, that would just be a pain in the butt. And I think Zel wants to make trainers harder than Red on the extra areas. :\

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Hey there Zel, I have a quick thing I just want to clear up.
Is there going to be a third region? I might of heard it somewhere before but I can't be sure.
And if that's a secret then I understand. ;D
Thanks, keep up the awesome work. You're inspiring me. xD

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
Years
There's a problem with Clair... If you have a full bag, and talk to the Dragon Fang, she still comes up and gives you everything. after that, if you talk to it again, you get another TM and another badge, and so on indefinitely.

JJK

Years
Yes, Red will be in the game due to the fact that it is a Gold remake, and Red was in Gold. ._.
But, his pokemon will not be a Lv.100, that would just be a pain in the butt. And I think Zel wants to make trainers harder than Red on the extra areas. :\

... well the intire x version is intended to be a pain in the butt so if janine's pokes are around the 70's (with she being the weakest kanto gym leader in the original gold, guess not this time) 3 gym leaders to go and the elite 4 (and everything until there), carlos and the mt. silver by itself, i think they could go right up to the 95's

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2009
true but i found out that it DOES save in my vbagx, only it shuts down when u use the save option in the menu (although i only did this once up to now in the cherrygrove pc COM center, and when i tried to do it again the game just freezes), so i guess i might be able to go trough the game (i heard some guys talk about a autosave between the elite 4 guys, if u did it its a BRILLIANT idea)

The save option works fine on my vBagX, doesn't crash. I'm using v1.25 btw.

yoni159

a ... nvm/np
Years
well, I had a little Question. why does scyter evolves with moon stone?
I think that the best is leaf stone(as in cards he's grass).
but you're doing the hard work i couldn't and very well, good luck in finishing it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2024
im waiting for the next patch !! =)

Congratulations bro ..!! awesome game !!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I am using beta 5 but whenever I try to open the menu it crashes, why???

Probably rom or patching problem. Have you checked about setting the Flash128k before loading the rom for the first time? If not, close the emu, delete any .sav or .sa1 generated for the game, open emu, check the option and then load the game.

only to say that if you could fix that menu problem ill build a shrine for you :D

anyway i have (finnaly!) something to contribute
in aquilae's SGX walkthrough there are several trainers with below-par pokes, being the secondary rivals (jess&jamie (lol) that one couple and amelia) the most proeminant
since the walkthrough only goes up to saffron it could be from a previous beta (most probable) but anyway check it

As I said before, as long as it works in VBA I'm done, because I'm sure that you would have the same problem with any rom that requires saving (or the F128 saving), and I doubt they'd do something to fix it. My advice is: "Play it at home, and keep concentrated on your real life when not in home" ;P

Again, I dont want to hear about discussions about emulators or how to make them work in this thread. Start a thread in the Emulation section for that, because next time I'm gonna be reporting such posts for going offtopic.

"below-pars" means that I changed levels a bit on a newer Beta and he still has outdated levels? Well, I cant do much about that, since I havent spoken with him since I got the link (and you have seen it before, I confused another person with him... lol)

Nope (at least, not sure), surely when you battle him at Mt.Silver his Pokemon wont be on Lv100. But I cannot guarantee that because in terms of trainer's pokemon levels I'm still somewhat undecided.

Hey there Zel, I have a quick thing I just want to clear up.
Is there going to be a third region? I might of heard it somewhere before but I can't be sure.
And if that's a secret then I understand. ;D
Thanks, keep up the awesome work. You're inspiring me. xD

Yes, there'll be one after the B6, there was a screenshot of it in the past of this thread so you may want to check on that, but I dont want to show it or talk much about it because I'll do it after the B6 gets released.

There's a problem with Clair... If you have a full bag, and talk to the Dragon Fang, she still comes up and gives you everything. after that, if you talk to it again, you get another TM and another badge, and so on indefinitely.

And I always say to have room for items all the time.

well, I had a little Question. why does scyter evolves with moon stone?
I think that the best is leaf stone(as in cards he's grass).
but you're doing the hard work i couldn't and very well, good luck in finishing it.

I guess a Leaf Stone didnt sound too logical to me (and since I dont play the cards, I couldnt imagine Scyther being asociated with grass -_-), and it would be harder for the player to figure out he could evolve Scyther with a Moon Stone (of course, then, everything was spoiled, so whaaaatever!)

---

clonex just uploaded two videos of the Johto BGMs he's been inserting on his rom, so, listen to them and comment and be serious, if there's anything that you'd think it could be fixed, then do it, in the end, you'll be the ones who'll be hearing the themes for a lot of hours >.<

clonex's Johto magical journey - Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5Kd-e8Q2M
clonex's Johto magical journey - Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqjNmTRdoA

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
About the musics, just to say that I love all of them, I think they are very good remixes, save for a few things: the starting of Ecruteak's theme (it sounds low, when in the original sounded higher, but, well, it's not very important), the starting of the "wild poke" battle, which has a lot of percussion, and, well, Cherrygrove's theme sounds even worse with all the other remixes around XD

Can't wait for more. Good job, clonex.

JJK

Years
about the sounds...
although this IS a gold remake why not inserting some new (although the one is kinda old) sounds?the best one suited for this i ever heard was the sound for the 4 grandmasters in the old pokemon tgc game for game boy
you should listen it (if i didnt played it yet)

pokemon tgc grandmaster rod ----> youtube it (since i cant put urls yet uahhhhhh)

Back