• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer/OS Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
punkie90 said:
I know.I hate dial up! Maybe in a few months my mom will buy dsl MAYBE! It was one of those things with parents!
Get them to start viewing music and video that websites have and see how fast they think dialup is too slow.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Bah, pdfs. I don't have Adobe on here at all to read them. How much are their 1 GB sticks?

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
Kairi said:
Bah, pdfs. I don't have Adobe on here at all to read them. How much are their 1 GB sticks?
Kairi, they don't have 1Gb modules yet since the retail value is over $600. New computers now a days have 4 slots so you can put in 4x512MB Modules for a total of 2GB of RAM.

Arwen, generic memory is generally more trouble than its worth since it can cause system crashes (yes, many of the crashes you blame on Windows are the memory's fault), underperform, etc. However, it is your choice and the low price is tempting. You should really consider name brand memory in future memory upgrades.

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I know that, this computer has four 512s in it. Of what brand, I?m sad to say unsure. I?ll open her up later. I just figured someone would?ve pumped one out by now for the obscenely wealthy people. Anyways, off to check the RAM manufacturer.

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Oh, I don?t. I?m just curious about it. 2 GB is plenty even with my page file off, which I might add I haven?t had a problem having it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back