• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hmm.

I'm afriad I have some sad news to share.

My DS, with my Diamond cart inserted was stolen a month or two ago, which contained all my shinys :\ needless to say I was/am gutted about this. *sigh*

I won't go into details because it was quite bad, but I suppose this just means i get to do it all again when Platinum comes out (providing i actually get a new DS)

Well thats all for now, happy hunting.

Well ain't that a crapper? Well, I'll be the first to step up to the plate and offer this:

If you want, once you get a new DS and a new Pokemon game, I can at least replace some of your species for you that you lost, like Nosepass, etc.
I know they won't be the same but I'll gladly do this for you. I know some of them were hard to get, but/and all of them were clearly irreplaceable...

I'm just sorry that this kind of thing happened, and happens to people. I don't want to sound selfish but I hope it never happens to me. I doubt it will since I practically live by my DS, but anything can happen...

So um yeah if you want later I can save you some time by giving you some of my extras.

I am so sorry! All that hard work - just - gone! That was one nice thing about the GBA gen.. you could clone your shinies and store the originals on pokemon box. I don't want to hear the "zomg you cloned Pokemon!" comments either.. I did it for just this reason. No other.. no shiny sharing, no "have all three versions of one shiny". I did it just to make sure they don't get lost or stolen. Sooo hopefully if something happens to one set, the other will still be there. (carts and GC memory cards can both go bad) I don't level shinies up anyway so they remain the same. I haven't found any in the DS gen yet.. I have tried the chaining thing but my heart really wasn't in it. It just doesn't seem to be the same as finding one by chance. (to me)

Didn't MM get all his stolen too? And a couple of others lost theirs. I would cry.
Kim

I think you've probably heard about Pokemon Ranch, right? Well... that's sort of like Pokemon Box, but there's a catch: Whatever Pokemon you put into it using a game, you have to use that specific game with that ID to get the Pokemon out. So if you put a bunch in, and then lose your DS game, you're still screwed. :( You can't use a different DS pokemon game to get them out.

I'm not certain if this is what it checks, but if it checks for the Trainer ID, you could possibly hack a game to match your original OT ID and then get them out, and then trade them to your new game/whatever you wish.

I'd like to have the insurance to save all my Pokemon to a data bank. Some people do this with Pokesav I guess but I don't know how that thing works and it's like cheating.. plus you need some external things, I think an R4 or something...

Anyways....

I tried my "trick". I do believe it's time to tell you all, since it was a bit of a failure.

What I was trying to do is see past the Sandstorm. Someone said that using 3D glasses help. I tried it.

I don't know if it's just the kind I'm using or what, but it sucks. The red is too.. dark. It's like looking through a red LCD screen or something.
I know, you're supposed to look through both sides, but that didn't help anything and it made me go crosseyed. I couldn't keep my focus on the grass, either.

However....

Closing one eye and looking through the blue side, that helped a little. It removed some of the "debris" in the Sandstorm, the lighter stuff.
But it helped very little. I still couldn't see much, and it made my eyes hurt very quickly...

I'm going to toy around with this idea though like using other colored glasses like sunglasses I have out in the car. It's worth the shot since I would love to have a Cacturne, Flygon and Dugtrio on my team/roster. (There, I said it)

I did a few hatchings today with Shroomish. I had a Spiritomb to start with but it must be in Ranch or I traded it to someone so I'm waiting on GTS to get one through that but I don't think it's going to work......

I also FINALLY got Sonic Chronicles and Kirby Super Star Ultra today. I could've also got the new Wii Wario Land game, but I'll pass on that for now. I don't like spending a lot of money at once. These 2 will do.
So my shiny hunting will be far and few between for a little while, although I'm still in that Slowpoke chain on DSLite1, lol!

Good luck everyone...

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
Years
Hmm.

My DS, with my Diamond cart inserted was stolen a month or two ago, which contained all my shinys :\ needless to say I was/am gutted about this. *sigh*

I won't go into details because it was quite bad, but I suppose this just means i get to do it all again when Platinum comes out (providing i actually get a new DS)

I know how your feeling.My cousin corrupted my file.With all my shinys in it.It really sucked.He has this stupid action replay that corrupted my file.He always takes my stuff,and then when my video games are too hard for him he takes out his action replay.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
I tried my "trick". I do believe it's time to tell you all, since it was a bit of a failure.

What I was trying to do is see past the Sandstorm.

Omg I thought you were doing this from the moment you said trick.

Originally Posted by Yami_Zidane
Hmm.

My DS, with my Diamond cart inserted was stolen a month or two ago, which contained all my shinys needless to say I was/am gutted about this. *sigh*

Do you know it was stolen or did you lose it?
either way.. that sucks. All that hard work... gone :(

I haven't touched my Ds in for about two days because I've been downloading a PSX emulator on my comp.
I'm gonna try alot of the games out like FF7 and DW7.
Right now im trying to download Dragon warrior 7 and its been 3+ hours and its only on 21% >.<
I also got digimon world 1 on it, I love that game... I even have it in my room... (I just like to watch TV when I play games, which is kinda hard to do with the game on the TV)

Any games you guys think I should try?

On topic..
I'll go for Squirtle 2morrow, after my game downloads. I want its shell to be green like the bowl I use for turtle soup }: ). Gl all

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Can I join? I've never had a Shiny but am currently SRing for a Shiny Mudkip on Emerald but no luck so far...

Sure, welcome to the club. :)

Hey Yami, keep an eye out. You should have got this one, being on here first. As it is though, I can see why you didn't show up, man loosing all your shinys. I'm with Kim on this one, I have a copy of my 3rd gen shinys on another game on the off chance something like this happens to me. :(

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
I think you've probably heard about Pokemon Ranch, right? Well... that's sort of like Pokemon Box, but there's a catch: Whatever Pokemon you put into it using a game, you have to use that specific game with that ID to get the Pokemon out. So if you put a bunch in, and then lose your DS game, you're still screwed. :( You can't use a different DS pokemon game to get them out.

I'm not certain if this is what it checks, but if it checks for the Trainer ID, you could possibly hack a game to match your original OT ID and then get them out, and then trade them to your new game/whatever you wish.

I'd like to have the insurance to save all my Pokemon to a data bank. Some people do this with Pokesav I guess but I don't know how that thing works and it's like cheating.. plus you need some external things, I think an R4 or something...
I have Pokemon Ranch. It's cute. If I ever get any ds gen shinies I probably won't store them there though. I wish nintendo would make a Stadium like the one for n64. Those were awesome, way better than box or ranch. You could store items and pokes both. I still use them when I'm playing the GBC games. I have a ton of pokes stored in stadium 2.
Kim

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
Years
I have Pokemon Ranch. It's cute. If I ever get any ds gen shinies I probably won't store them there though. I wish nintendo would make a Stadium like the one for n64. Those were awesome, way better than box or ranch. You could store items and pokes both. I still use them when I'm playing the GBC games. I have a ton of pokes stored in stadium 2.
Kim

So do I.But why do you think they made pokemon battle revolution.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Omg I thought you were doing this from the moment you said trick.

Yep... I really, really want a shiny Cacturne.. I wanted one in 3rd Gen.

Just the thoughts of SwordsSashSuckerPAWNCH is awesome. I almost got swept by it too. o.O

Any games you guys think I should try?
Crash Team Racing. I loved that game lol, it was fun. Kinda like Mario Kart but also like an adventure, with boss characters. Good times.

Kim

I wish they'd make a Stadium 3 for Wii. We need this. Minigames, cups.... GYM LEADER TOWER. Good times.

Unless I missed something somewhere, you can't store items nor pokes in Pokemon Battle Revolution. I have PBR too..
Correct.

You can upload your team data, but there's no way to copy it back off. It's rather just temporary. It's like they're ghosts or something. :P And it's easy to erase them off too, and as the same as Ranch, only one pak (cartridge? Sorry, I'm old-skool) per game. (Although Ranch is multiple, only that game can copy off it's own Pokemon, I mentioned this before).

I'll probably go to bed and play KSSU now.

Years
I lost all of mine. Well, thankfully, I still have a few in my Diamond, but I lost my good IV'd shinx, maybe ALL of my Shellos, my Vibrava, and all the good ones. BUT I may have a shiny Shaymin or Darkrai soon.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Ouch Sorry to hear about your loss Yami_zidane. I believe the exact same thing happened to MM as well, he also lost I think he said a sapphire that was in the GBA slot too -___-'
Yeah I also do the backup clone thing. I've got backups stored on my Emerald #1 and XD save file, wish I had Box too but damn stupid rare.

Day 14 of hunting Turtwig, no luck yet. I haven't been hunting anything else besides that since I've been busy playing Kirby Super Star Ultra lol. Good luck everyone on their hunts!

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Dear lord look at all the lost data! it like bad juju that jumps from one person to another. Im hoping im immune to this dreaded disease.

Anyway...
no luck so far on squirtle. Maybe Ill get em soon. :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Day 14 of hunting Turtwig, no luck yet. I haven't been hunting anything else besides that since I've been busy playing Kirby Super Star Ultra lol. Good luck everyone on their hunts!
Got it last night, been playing it ever since (although my Slowpoke chain is still in DSLite1 :P ).

I think I've about made it to the end though. But then I have Sonic Chronicles. :O

OMG FRIEND RESTARTED DS= HELL. i got to restart D: the only shinies i have are 3 that i let my friend hold

You gotta be kidding me..... o__________________________o

Someone on the community heard about my typlosion.He's willing to trade me a shiny magikarp.I just hope I can get my wifi fixed soon.

Just a note, traded shinies won't count to your tally in the Club (but are still nice to have).

So, um, 0 Pokemon played since last time. I just came back to check on everyone.

DDD out!

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
DDD im dead serious. ill tell you more on msn if i see you

So i have to beat the game again which well take me a good while since i get bored easily. the first pokemon im going chain is BIDOOF. The strongest uber in the game. :3

Last edited:

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
Last edited:
Back