• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 829 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 814 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
this hack is awesome. these fakemon designs are the best so far in my opinion. i like the fire type and grass type starter pokemon, actually i will choose one of those rather than the water type one. can't wait to test the demo on August.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Wow i didnt know zerudez was the one creating these fakemon im a fan of his DA page this avi is actually one of his creations :)

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Wow i didnt know zerudez was the one creating these fakemon im a fan of his DA page this avi is actually one of his creations :)

Ah, nope! Zerudez is not the one creating these fakemon--though I do think he had a hand in a select few. Zerudez merely did the artwork for the trainers. Our art director [who is behind an overwhelming majority of the fakemon, including Avinch] is SirAquakip, or aquakip here on Pokecommunity.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
My mistake i saw the awesomeness of these fakemon and saw zerudez signature on the trainers and professor and came to an incorrect conclusion -_- . I would tip my hat off to the real creators if i had one thanks for clearing that up dont want them to miss out on the credit they deserve.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Not a problem at all, PokeTwerp! We're just happy you're fans of Ethereal Gates, and I'll certainly pass on the tip-of-the-hat to Mark (SirAquakip).
[We're also HUGE fans of zerudez's, and honestly we're taking this whole thing as a huge compliment! :) ]

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
My mistake i saw the awesomeness of these fakemon and saw zerudez signature on the trainers and professor and came to an incorrect conclusion -_- . I would tip my hat off to the real creators if i had one thanks for clearing that up dont want them to miss out on the credit they deserve.
I just really enjoy zerudez's art style, and being good friends with him, asked him to make the artworks of my designs. He's very talented and I think his style fits our game very well.

But yes, I am designing the trainers and the Fakemon (and the game itself, for the most part). There are a select few in the Pokedex that other members of the team have collaborated with me on (or I've collaborated with them on, I guess), just because our Pokedex is so huge and why not let them in on some of the fun! C:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
sLZQZCx.gif

The world will tremble before KITOR. Avinch too.

These may be the first fakemon I've liked. The art work is impeccable, if a bit too... high res? Maybe I'm just used to blown up 16bit sprites. :p

I'll be here in August.

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

pp_logo_by_siraquakip-d8tc7kd.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHALLENGE THE POKEMON LEAGUE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Ethereal Gates is very familiar to one of the main components of a Pokemon game--challenging the most powerful trainers in the region and collecting those all-important badges, to prove you are the very best! In the Leneka Region, the Pokemon League is no stranger to a challenge. We are sure that your battles at the 8 gyms across the region will be some of the toughest you will ever face. With that being said, we're happy to be able to introduce to you today, the very first gym leader you will face, Longspur City's Gym Leader: Regina!

regina_by_siraquakip-d8uqs8c.png

Regina is young and a go-getter. She founded the trainers' school in Longspur City and helped make the city a habitable place to live. She's got a hearty soul, is friendlier than a mountaineer, and above all knows how to set and accomplish her goals. Regina gives out the Common Badge to trainers powerful enough to defeat her.

longspur_screenshos_by_siraquakip-d8uqs87.png

The Common Badge is the first badge you'll earn, but your badge case has room for all 8 Leneka Region badges! Here's a sneak peek of the shapes of the other badges! What types do YOU think the other gyms of the Leneka Region are?

We've also recently published a FAQ sheet, to answer common questions about the game! If you have any questions that went unanswered in the FAQ, please don't hesitate to ask!

THANK YOU!

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
This games getting me more hyped than when the real pokemon games come out because you basically know what to expect the same formula over and over but this game just looks unreal and i would'nt know what to expect from it so keep up the excellent work guys :) .

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
This looks so amazing! I can't wait to play it. The fakemon are some of the best I have seen and the towns look great.

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

JUNE 11th Update!
Sorry for the long wait, guys! But we've got a nice release for you!

THREE BRAND NEW POKEMON!

verdva_art_by_siraquakip-d8wx1rh.png

#14 Verdva
The Larva Pokémon
Bug/Grass Type

Height: 1'00"
Weight: 6.6 lbs

Shield Dust - Blocks the added effects of attacks taken.
(Hidden) Anticipation - Senses the foe's dangerous moves.
squeaker_art_by_siraquakip-d8wx1rq.png

#24 Squeaker
The Stereo Pokémon
Normal Type

Height: 1'00"
Weight: 11.3 lbs

Soundproof - Gives full immunity to all sound-based moves.
(Hidden) Run Away - Enables sure getaway from wild Pokémon.
fuegruff_art_by_siraquakip-d8wx1s0.png

#47 Fuegruff
The Fiery Pokémon
Fire Type

Height: 2'06"
Weight: 32.1 lbs

Intimidation - Lowers foe's Attack stat.
(Hidden) Flash Fire - Powers up Fire-type moves if hit by a fire move.

MORE SCREENSHOTS!
screens_pc_by_siraquakip-d8wxf8d.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
You guys are really making a gorgeous game here and thank you for the update i see at least one more fakemon i will be using :).

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

JUNE 13th Update!

A BRAND NEW MENU!!

menu_thing_by_siraquakip-d8x61q0.png

Not very exciting...but... we decided to switch things up a bit and get rid of the old menu and create our own new circular one! As you can see, all the options are the same! Except we decided to add two empty slots which will fill our new gameplay mechanics! One of those actually makes its debut in the demo!!

Thank you!!

Years

JUNE 13th Update!

A BRAND NEW MENU!!

menu_thing_by_siraquakip-d8x61q0.png

Not very exciting...but... we decided to switch things up a bit and get rid of the old menu and create our own new circular one! As you can see, all the options are the same! Except we decided to add two empty slots which will fill our new gameplay mechanics! One of those actually makes its debut in the demo!!

Thank you!!

it's so beautiful. i like the design of the menu features. it's kinda fresh for us. i like the new fakemon too, especially the fuegruff and verdva. can wait the demo on August (if it is fixed to the schedule)

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Very neat designs on Squeaker and Fuegruff, although in terms of typing, abilities and move-sets I'm curious to see how they'll distinguish themselves from Whismur and Growlithe.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
the screenshots look awesome! when I first saw the map I thought 'That looks like the top of the south island and the bottom of the north island...' read on to see it is based off my country, New Zealand!

btw, it won't be a NZ region without a Kiwi Pokemon ;)

Keep up the great work! I can't wait to play this!

Back