• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
I'll make my guess about the legenderies.
Lugiai's obviously going to beone of them, ok, so we have three more.
I think we're going to meet mewtwo, but not catch him.
I also think one of them wll be Articuno, as I've already seen it by the binoculars.
So, there's one more. I just can't figure out this one.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Um heres what i think about the legends

Im not sure if the dragons den will have raquazza it might have latios and the pokemon that the dragon masters have talked about when they said it likes to play with dragon pokemon, that pokemon might be latias (or the other way round)

And about groundon it might have something to do with the volcano that destroyed Cinnabar island and plus it suits the event of it.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
that's what I saw in the mall in the past few days... Man.., are they boring or what...

Anyways, I just arrived at Goldenrod City. love the new music and the new tiles and such.., but I am a little bit confused by the grass animation in Ilex Forest... Oh well...

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
NomadSPG:
1) You're just not putting the boulder in the right hole.
2) Yes, there are some wrong reflecting tiles.
3) Guess this is a real bug or something. xD
4) Probably Zel didn't remove the hidden items in this room while editing. And the MissingNo. stuff will happen only with sweet scent, otherwise this room will be only empty. Guess Zel has plans for it.
5) Probably is a hidden item, have you tried pressing the 'A' button?
Ok, I checked, it is a movement permission error.
6) I had no problems in passing this trick house challenge, keep trying. ^^

Guess I was late. xD

I hadn't problems with points 1 and 6, but here we have situations, which can stop us forever in game (theoreticaly)

About point 3: I have smilar idea.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
when does the beta end? i got to cerulean city and beat misty, but when i try to leave cerulean the ghost apears.
however, i used a walk through walls code and went to the power plant, anyway does the beta end there?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hi. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I put my vba on and play sg, it only goes at half the speed. It only does it for that game and no other (the rest run at 100%)

...I don't know... To me it works 100%. Try patching again into a clean rom, perhaps something failed before.

heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it

I'm currently checking FR guides to find out the cool events to investigate in the game. Perhaps I'll find something. As I said before, if not, it'll be as it was in the original.

All right, this is probably the best hack i've ever seen around here. And that means a lot, because there are quite a few awesome hacks around.
Anyway, I want to make a question, Zel, you're an awesome hacker, so, I assume you can answer that: Why aren't the battles harder?
I mean, the Elite4 is extremelly easy, most of the times at least. I've beaten it in the X version with only 4 different pokemons, and they didn't even covered all the disadvantages and all that. So, why don't we see trainers using strategies? Is pretty stupid the fact that Koga is a member of the Elite 4, a.k.a. the best trainers of the whole continent using crappy teams that can be sweeped by only one Alakazam. It's annoying actually...
Is it that hard to put some trainers with Baton Passers, SkarmBlissers and all that? Or at least trainers that can switch the pokemons correctly? Is stupid to fight an grass pokemon with an water one, but that happens all the time. People fighting with Magikarps... And well...

Well, to begin with, the E4 has two rounds, so in the next the things are gonna be harder.
Then, there's the thing that I cannot throw their styles by the roof, and give let's say a super Blissey to Koga. If they want to have crappy Pokemon, then that's their problem. I just try to do what I can and give them the movesets I think can work (usually I give'em two attacks, one annoyer and if it's possible a healing move or a status inflicting move, I think that's balancing the movesets). Of course, once you dedicate to train only one or a bunch of Pokemon, or when you overtrain them, the rest will become pretty easy (that's mid opinion mid fact), and it wont matter what movesets I give them, anyway.

But, I really dont want to go too much deeper than that. Because in fact, the only way you can get competetive battles is on the DS and online. Even if I were to make super competetive Pokemon, then I'm sure the AI would mess everything... XD

@NomadSPG: I've taken note of the bugs mentioned (though it's more like tile problems, and the Ice Path untouched cave), and about the Trick House puzzle, I know there's a chance you may get stuck at that puzzle, I'm not sure if you may be refering to that (as it was said, try again, I just hope you are not getting stuck)

---

Well, not too much to say, but, as February starts, I have to start studying (if you want more info I've updated the Zel's Status section in the first post), which gives me less time for the hack (and I really want to approve early so I get more free time later), so well, I'll have less updates for the next two weeks (oh, but still, there'll be updates ;P)

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
Yes, good question. The title screen is very good! No problem, I can say that. But, it gets a little boring with no animation.
I think you all know what I mean. To make Beta 6 better, you can make there be animations. Whether it be the Ho-Oh flapping it's wings, or just letting the clouds move to the "beat" of the wind.

Good luck, Zel.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Good to see this hack is stil doing well :bandit:.
Wierd bandit, lol.
Anyway, I also agree that there should be an animation on the title like fire red and leaf green but its your choice zel.

Anyway keep up the good work.
And well done and good luck ;)

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
I have a suggestion, zel..
what really bugged my in G/S/C was that you have to wait until you get all the way to cerulean to get a leaf/water/fire/thunder stone.
It would lower irritation levels quite a bit if there were some alternate access to the stones sometime before the E4.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I have a suggestion, zel..
what really bugged my in G/S/C was that you have to wait until you get all the way to cerulean to get a leaf/water/fire/thunder stone.
It would lower irritation levels quite a bit if there were some alternate access to the stones sometime before the E4.

well, its a remake, there is no need to change things like that.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
zel;3296640[B said:
@NomadSPG:[/b] I've taken note of the bugs mentioned (though it's more like tile problems, and the Ice Path untouched cave), and about the Trick House puzzle, I know there's a chance you may get stuck at that puzzle, I'm not sure if you may be refering to that (as it was said, try again, I just hope you are not getting stuck)
)

I saved the data before I started this puzzle quest.
Don't remember about correct the volume of added music, Zel.

Last edited:
Years
Personally: i dont really liek the titlescreen, the ho-oh sprite is a bit badly sprited :P thats just my opinion, it looks good though!!
but this game isn't done yet, so maybe it will be remade haha :P

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
well, its a remake, there is no need to change things like that.

Well its not an exact remake there are many differences in Shiny Gold versus Gold/silver etc. I think that shiny gold is way better personally, especially B5x.

heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it

I dunno about that, you wouldn't get EXP points with the trainer tower script right?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hi. My first post. And firstly, I love this remake.

Now, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll point out a quirk in the game. Just north of Cianwood City (the one you surf to) there are some smashable rocks. There are some hidden items in those rocks, namely a Revive and a Max Ether (both useful items, of course). Now, I smash those rocks, and then pick up the hidden item. The quirk comes when you walk over the square it occupied, and then try to walk over it again, or even just approach it from a different direction. You won't be able to walk through it (a feature of at least most hidden items, I think - Is that intentional?), and you'll be able to pick up another one. This carries on indefinitely, meaning you can get as many Revives and Max Ethers as you want. I don't know if it happens for every hidden item, or just those two (I've tried on the hidden Rare Candy on the west of Route 34 that you surf to, and that has no problems). Flying elsewhere, doing other things and coming back doesn't change anything.

Also, you can't fly to Cherrygrove City, but I'm sure that's been mentioned already.

Otherwise, great game! I really like the multiple rivals that show up from time to time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2011
Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only. ;)

Back