• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Okay, it's been a while since I last posted, but I haven't really played that much since - However, I have made some progress. (Not much, but at least some..) I beat Wallace with only my Combusken, which evolved into Blaziken in the process. After finally gaining access to Fire Path, I captured a bunch of Fire-type Pokémon, which I am now training:

Blaziken, Lv. 40
Blaze Kick
Peck
Double Kick
Cut

Camerupt, Lv. 34
Ember
Take Down
Rock Slide
Magnitude

Slugma, Lv. 17
Smog
Yawn
Ember
Rock Throw

Torkoal, Lv. 15
Ember
Smog
Curse
Smokescreen

HM Slaves
Ralts (Flash)
Makuhita (Rock Smash)

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
By Wallace do you mean Watson?

I am Training in Victory road right now, as I am completely underleveled. I'll be grinding for a while, and I don't get much time to play but I expect to be at the Elite Four in a week or so. Nothing in my team changed but the levels.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
By Wallace do you mean Watson?
Hmm, that does make more sense if you mean Wattson. I was sitting here looking at your post earlier, and was wondering why you couldn't get to that cave until you beat Wallace. XD

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Hmm, that does make more sense if you mean Wattson. I was sitting here looking at your post earlier, and was wondering why you couldn't get to that cave until you beat Wallace. XD

Me too, and beating Wallace with a Combusken sounds kinda weird. I mean, I beat red with SERIOSLY UNDERLEVELED pokemon (lucky me), and i found it strange cuz I didnt expect to win, and this is something similar. Beating Wattson with a Combusken makes more sense

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
This sounds fun. I want to join. I'll take part in this challenge using my FireRed/LeafGreen since I don't have any of the Generation I & II games. For the type that I'm going to use, can I use Ghost-type Pokemon.?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
This sounds fun. I want to join. I'll take part in this challenge using my FireRed/LeafGreen since I don't have any of the Generation I & II games. For the type that I'm going to use, can I use Ghost-type Pokemon.?
Yeah, you can use Ghosts. And since you are, you can trade one Pokemon of the type into your game as soon as you can. ^_^

And you do realize that you need to go through a 2nd Gen game as well, eh?

Tony Montana

Years
Beat Gardenia's four underlings and got HM Cut from Cynthia.
I just need a good place to train near Eterna City where I can train Donny, Roll and Slug (especially Slug, who's falling behind). Any suggestions?

Anyway, my team:

Donatello - Grotle - Lv 20

Tackle
Curse
Absorb
Razor Leaf

Roll - Geodude - Lv 19
Selfdestruct
Rock Throw
Magnitude
Rock Polish

Slug - Shellos - Lv 17
Water Pulse
HP Rock
Mud Bomb
Harden

I expect my 2nd badge for tomorrow.

Later.

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
Yeah, you can use Ghosts. And since you are, you can trade one Pokemon of the type into your game as soon as you can. ^_^

And you do realize that you need to go through a 2nd Gen game as well, eh?
Then I can't take part in this challenge.? I will do the 2nd Generation games if I can find my Gold version. Is that ok.? BTW, can I start the challenge in Lavender Town.? Because that's the point where you can get Ghost type Pokemon namely Gastly and its evolutions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2009
Hi there!!! when i saw your thread i was thinking of it, so i decided to join up!!! XD!!!!. i will use psychic and be in red.

still waiting.......... i feel very ignored

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Then I can't take part in this challenge.? I will do the 2nd Generation games if I can find my Gold version. Is that ok.? BTW, can I start the challenge in Lavender Town.? Because that's the point where you can get Ghost type Pokemon namely Gastly and its evolutions.
Well, I believe you could find an emulator. Those are allowed here. ^_^

Well, you must start the game from scratch, but as I said, if you are in a Ghost challenge, then you can trade a Gastly over into your game once you get your Pokedex. Though if you're asking because you're unable to trade, then you'd have to use just your starter until you reach Lavender town. If that is the case, I'd recommend Bulbasaur, because out of the three choice he has an advantage over each of the first three gyms.

(...) said:
Hi there!!! when i saw your thread i was thinking of it, so i decided to join up!!! XD!!!!. i will use psychic and be in red.

still waiting.......... i feel very ignored
Yes, of course you can enter. Welcome aboard! :D

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
Well, I believe you could find an emulator. Those are allowed here. ^_^

Well, you must start the game from scratch, but as I said, if you are in a Ghost challenge, then you can trade a Gastly over into your game once you get your Pokedex. Though if you're asking because you're unable to trade, then you'd have to use just your starter until you reach Lavender town. If that is the case, I'd recommend Bulbasaur, because out of the three choice he has an advantage over each of the first three gyms.

Yes, of course you can enter. Welcome aboard! :D
Well, I have an emulator to play with but I'll just use it for the G/S/C Challenge.

Actually, I'm able to trade but the problem is it might disobey me.

Tony Montana

Years
2nd badge + Getting the Galactics out of Eterna

I thoguht Gardenia was gonna be really hard, but thanks to Donatello's Curse it was pretty easy (I had to use about 3-4 Super Potions though). After baeting her and obtaining TM Grass Knot, I taught it to Don and headed to the Eterna Galactic Building.

I made my way through there and sweeped the floor with the Grunts. Then I headed to the top to battle Jupiter, owning her with Slug. Then the bike shop guy gave me a Bike and I wnet south of Eterna, through Cycling Road, and saved in front of Wayward Cave (I wanna catch a Gible, but it's so rare I had to exit because the Bronzors, Geodudes and Zubats annoyed me to the end. Ill try to catch one later this day. Wish me luck.

TEAM:

Donatello - Grotle - Lv 23
Grass Knot
Razor Leaf
Curse
Bite

Roll - Geodude - Lv 22
Magnitude
Rock Throw
Rock Polish
Selfdestruct

Slug - Lv 22
Rain Dance
Water Pulse
HP Rock
Mud Bomb

See ya guys.

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Hey Tony, I'm pretty sure you can only get Gible after you get strength, it's in the second part of the cave, at least I'm pretty sure.
I'm in the Elite Four right now, I got past Victory Road, and I've defeated Sydney. I am going to battle Phoebe now, so I may even be finished by the next time I post.

Tony Montana

Years
Hey Tony, I'm pretty sure you can only get Gible after you get strength, it's in the second part of the cave, at least I'm pretty sure.
I'm in the Elite Four right now, I got past Victory Road, and I've defeated Sydney. I am going to battle Phoebe now, so I may even be finished by the next time I post.

Thanks for telling me man, I barely know the pokemon in D/P and I almost lose my sanity looking for one. I guess Ill have to go on with the game (and my sanity will be saved for now...lol)

Now onto...ummm...the next city!

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2009
Well yesterday at night i signed up for psychic, pikched the red version and started off with a squirtle and catched a pikachu ( just for backups until i can catch an abra) i already beat brock and im going to enter mt moon.
this is my current team:

Squirtle lv 14 (This pokemon will only be in my team until i catch an abra)
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Bubble

Pikachu lv 11 (Tihs pokemon will also be in my team until i catch an abra)
-Thundershock
-Growl
-Thunder Wave

oh and i beat my rival duffman XD

since my last post i did a lot of things:
-passed through mt. moon
-passed through nugget bridge and catched abra
-evolved abra and met with bill
-beat misty with only my kadabra
-went to vermilion city and to diglett tunnel
-got mr mime (marcel)
-catch drowzee
-evolved drowzee at ss.anne
-beat lt. surge
-and passed through the rock tunnel

current team:

kadabra lv.35
-teleport
-confusion
-disable
-psybeam

hypno lv. 34
-pound
-hypnosis
-headbutt
-confusion

mr. mime (marcel)
-confusion
-barrier
-light screen
-doubleslap

hm slave:
sandshrew
cut

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
i sign up with the ghost type.
Sure, welcome aboard! :D

And Tony, I think you can catch Gible now. I just went through Platinum, and I had captured one before even making it to Hearthrome City. I think it should be the same in Diamond and Pearl, unless I am forgetting something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back