• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
is this the place where you can asks permission for a roleplay? so not then can someone tell me where i have to add my roleplay for permission? :)

this is the roleplay i would like to have permission for:

PMD: Victory's Reign

Plot:
For ten years the pokemon world has been at total peace. No wars, no dis-balencement. Everything was fine. Though peace can never last, never has, never will. The legendary pokemon Victini has became corrupt. This happened because Victini replies on pokemon working hard for victory. Pokemon have stopped doing that, so now it's caused Victini to become corrupt. And sense Victini is corrupt, luck has went down. Things are going horrible. The food supply is becoming rotten, the waters are become filthy, houses are being destroyed, and so much more.

Now if somebody doesn't reason with Victini, the pokemon world is doomed. But it's not that easy. There are many pokemon in trouble, and they need to be saved, or they'll be no one to save! Once they are saved, not only will there be a reason to try to reason with Victini, but they'll be more help. Reasoning with Victini, it isn't going to be easy. Victini is very stubborn now, and most likely will have to be faught. And as the pokemon of victory, fighting Victini will be a hard task, it will take several to do this.
So a new Pokemon Explores crew has sprouted. The Vicory Scars. They are called this because they're lives had been troubled, or 'scared' by Victini's corruption. They are picking the best pokemon there is to make as strong a team as possible. If they don't, the world might be doomed. If it takes them too long to save all of the pokemon in trouble, Victini will have time to become so corrupt the good side of Victini will be gone.

So not only is it a important quest, but it's a limited-timed quest. They have to work on saving all of the pokemon, train, and eventually fight against the very powerful Victini. This will be very hard. Victini is very strong, and rumor has it Victini never loses. So now, they'll have to see if this is true. If it is, the world is doomed. But they have to try. There's no way around it.

the roleplayers are all pokemon with human looks, this mean you are a human with a pokemon tail and pokemon ears etc. and you may have the same haircolor as the pokemon, example: you are a Pikachu, you have pikachu ears, a pikachu tail, and your haircolor is blonde, you also can have the same color as the pokemon as your clothes, example: you are a human with a pikachu tail, pikachu ears, your hair color is black and you wear a yellow shirt and black shorts. this is also called pokemon gijinka

example of how you look like:
gijinka____skitty_by_silentsasuke.png

Er, no, you just create a new thread. However, is this it? Do you not have a Sign-Up sheet or rules? There's more to RP than plots; you need to have structure and a way for people to join. If you just create an RP like that, it won't be accepted. Plus, there are some grammatical errors in the plot as well. I would suggest not posting a new thread quite yet.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
MichaelaTheUchiha- this was just an lil example ^^ this is not what i'm going to post, thanks for telling me how i have to post an RP though :)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Also, gratz to everyone who was voted for. Unfortunately there can only be one winner... or two in some cases.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
I was wondering if there are any more roleplayers here who really appreciate a qualitative journey/chapter based roleplay and would really like to participate in one that ran through to the end of a region?

I've entered many of those but they all seem to die off after some time; either because the players run out of new adventures to write about in the chapters or because the players loose interest/time for other reasons. Another reason is that the GM disappears or did not plan out the story beforehand well enough to keep their own interest up for long enough.

I'm currently GMing a chaptered journey RP (Arcanum) that is running very slowly because players are not posting (this is not directed to those of you who are working on joint posts, I know who you are ;D ). It might be that a new region is more difficult to post in because you can't plan ahead as much as in a canon region. Or it might be that the standard post length have been set so high that players feel like it's a chore to post. I want to avoid that, but I'm not sure how anymore xD Still learning as I go. Of course.

Anyways, bottom line. If more players who reads this love to write relatively long posts, love to play as a pokémon trainer and would really want to create an epic roleplay with interesting characters and interactions that goes through a whole region (give me KANTO) (and possibly several afterwards), I'd be happy to discuss the creation of such an RP with you over PM. I could basically be the GM and run it, since it would not be as fun for everyone if all the players knew the twists of the plot beforehand, but a co-GM or even several would not be impossible with this.

This idea would, if successful, mean that we might not even need to keep sign ups open, but rather beforehand recruit players who express interest and that we believe would stay with us to the end.

If there aren't any others who feel like me here right now, then *shrug* xD The interest for this kind of RPs seem to go in waves after all.

Those all sound like things I would be interested in. Journey's, KANTO, Pokemon, Epic Stuff, and finishing things. Feel free to discuss with me, or if not, make the RP. Make the RP regardless if you are PM'ing me of course.

EDIT: Do it for my 400th post. :D

Years
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
What I want to do is something that stays interesting through all the routes and towns and has a certain story to it but still feels like a free, basic pokémon game. There also should be some kind of reward system for posting, because usually that makes it feel like you accomplish something good when you've written up your amazing little post~ Most often, it's done by the GM handing out levels or approving a new pokémon capture. It might be done in other ways, perhaps.

Just a thought that hit me, what if you find items occasionally with certain post, depending on quality. Something like finding a special pokeball for a good post to a TM for an excelent post. It probally wouldn't be much different than levels, but it may get people a reason to post other than for battles.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Congrats to everyone who won at the RPAs!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
So much for winning the RPA's... Congrats to the winners I guess...

I plan on winning the RPA's next time on May though! Believe it!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'll admit, being nominated by Yellow for Most Helpful RPer had me excited that I might win, but instead, She won it, and I feel it's much deserved. So congrats to you Marin, you deserve it! :D

I will admit to feeling a little down about not winning, but I think Yellow deserves it more than I. Anyways, it felt great to be nominated for it and it really is the thought that counts, yes?

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Congrats to those who won the RPA.!!! I'l be looking forward to winning the next one.

*Competitive mind set up.....sitting all day in front of my pc*

@RHCP- you should do the RP. If it has adventure and epicness installed then count me in :)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Congrats to all those who won the RPAs! :D You guys deserved it. Hopefully we'll have a few more nominations next time. ;]

I like the whole competitive mood over here, it's great and will encourage users to be more helpful and post more. Although, I do ask you all to be a bit careful, because getting overworked about the RPA's can make RPing look like a chore and can make it less fun. :( Only saying this cause it happened to one of my friends.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Congrats to all those who won the RPAs! :D You guys deserved it. Hopefully we'll have a few more nominations next time. ;]

I like the whole competitive mood over here, it's great and will encourage users to be more helpful and post more. Although, I do ask you all to be a bit careful, because getting overworked about the RPA's can make RPing look like a chore and can make it less fun. :( Only saying this cause it happened to one of my friends.

Well said. Competing is only good if it's in a friendly spirit. Someone could have been having a great time here while not winning anything; it does not mean that what they are doing is useless. Not at all! Maybe they just didn't get noticed this time around. It's no big deal, really.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I agree with both of the above statements. Well put. Don't get too overcompetitive, guys. Winning awards isn't everything.

Coming from the 2X Best RPer, 2X Best GM, 1X Best SU Writer, and one time recipient of the "The End" Emblem. Oh yea, I'm pretty much bad-a$$

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
So i was thinking,....Has anyone ever made a Magi Nation RP??

It's a pretty good anime/cartoon and has a lot of creative artifacts in it. It's more like a do-anything-you-want RP.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
So i was thinking,....Has anyone ever made a Magi Nation RP??

It's a pretty good anime/cartoon and has a lot of creative artifacts in it. It's more like a do-anything-you-want RP.

After looking it up, I realized I watched it once... I think the first two episodes. It was time consuming. I would have gone deeper into the series if the voice actors were better. (Note: I saw it on CW for kids....)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

Couldn't agree more with this statement. Competition can be and should be fun. Let's not let it ruin the friendly nature of the boards. As they say, winning isn't everything.

I would like to extend congratulations to all the well deserved winners. Keep up the good work everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back