• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
...haha, yeah, back when I was super obsessed with Symphonia, I had two of my friends play it and the first thing they said was "it sounds like Golden Sun". I'd never played a Motoi Sakuraba-composed game so I was almost offended they were implying the music in Symphonia wasn't original and awesome.

And then I listened to some more of his OSTs and went "oh, okay I see what they mean."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm dense so although I did play Golden Sun after playing Tales of Symphonia I didn't catch anything. xD; I should see about listening to it and concentrating more on it to get it.

What I like about Symphonia's soundtrack is some of the remixes.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I honestly think Symphonia 2 had a lot of potential -- like it could of been more of an epic game if say...Emil and Marta had an actual "human / elf/ half-elf team" other than the endless string of monsters they relied , and the symphonian team in the first game that they are always on a fixed level anyway...well that's what I think anyway.

Alice and Decus could of been good candidates if they weren't villains.
[Don't get me wrong, ToS2 is already a good enough game; I just thought "maybe" it could be better. ^.^']

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Symphonia 2 was a decent game (I mean, I've played it three times). But it's like you said: it lacked a lot of it. Part of it could be from the fact that it wasn't classified as a mothership game, but if they changed a few things (like the past Symphonia characters being able to level up with the Emil and Marta at the end and such) then it could have been a better game than it was. I guess it was a nice idea but poor executed type of thing? idk. I didn't really like who the main enemy was in the game. xD;

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
ToS2 just didn't feel like Symphonia. But it was a pretty good game. Plus I loved Tenebrae! I love him like I love Arche, Zelos, and Jade!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Tenebrae is amazing. XD If it weren't for him I would have probably not have been able to put up with the Marta/Emil times. Marta is okay by herself. Emil is okay by himself. But those two together just bothers the hell out of me, more than another pairing in the Tales of Series. /kind of scared to mention it because of it's possibly popularity here.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I just remembered the best moment in ToS2! Zelos's first appearance! Everything was dramatic with Richter and Marta then all of a sudden, we hear our favorite theme and Zelos hits on Marta! The look on Richter and Emil's (especially Emil's) faces makes this scene clearly the best in the entire game!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I only really liked the part where you tell Emil who your traveling partner was, then have some small seen in Flanoir with the character you chose. (Chose Sheena of course. :])

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My personal favourite was when you first meet Genis, and when you first meet Presea. |D;

I've chosen Genis and Colette for the Flanoirish event, but that's basically it.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I wish I knew what Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 2 is about. I beat the game and I love the Tales characters but I have NO clue what the plot is.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Well, if it's anything like the first one, the plot is really not important. These are just fan-service games. Missing the skits between characters would be the one thing I'd miss though. ;)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
True. I do love using a gun along with Zelos, Jade, and Arche in the same party. Also Asch and Suzu. And freakin Celcius as a playable character! Screw the plot I freaking LOVE this game!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't have a PSP at all so I can't play any of the Mythology games, nor Tales of VS. I really wish I could, but I really just don't have the money. To be honest, I don't see myself getting another Tales of Game at all in the future, unless Namco grants my wish and it gets localized here. Graces F and Xilia both look amazing, but yeah, no PS3. ._.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
With the new systems coming out, PSPs are getting outdated. They have good Tales games and emulation for MORE Tales games so it's good that they're old. You can probably get a good deal on eBay or something now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
yeah, I know. :( They mainly have the fan-service ones, but I've heard for the most part that they're good games. I miiiiight be able to get one on E-bay in the future, but as of right now, I really don't have any money. ;_; I just checked out the Tales of Xilia trailer, and it almost tempted me into saving up for a PS3, but yeah.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I bought a PS3 just for this occasion. I've had it for about 2 years, and have yet to really use it. I knew eventually, though there'd be a game that would force me to buy it. Graces F is still a ways off (early next year) and who's know about Xillia, so you're in no hurry. Xillia does look great though; Much more excited for that than Graces.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
May I join?

I've seen Tales of Phantasia, and most of Tales of Symphonia :D

Never played any of the games, but I might, if I do get the console(s).

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yup; you're in. =D

I never actually gotten around on watching the ToP OST; cause I was busy enjoying the ToS OST and readying myself for ToV: Final Strike. ^3^

Now, I'm not sure on this -- is a PS3 worth it for Tales of Xilla?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Now, I'm not sure on this -- is a PS3 worth it for Tales of Xilla?
My question too, but I'm extending it a bit, is it worth buying a console over the Tales of games? (Not just those games, a couple of others)

Are they entertaining or a long time, or just after they are completed? Does it take a long time to complete them or is it easy?

Back