• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coves Tutorials

Did this tutorial help you

• Excellent helped alot thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bit sloppy but helped alot anyway

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • pretty good i guess it will help newbie hackers but there is still alot of room for improvement

• i spent 15 mins reading this and it has not helped one bit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.hack

skunkape
Years
Coves Tutorials

Note: this is for fire red one for ruby may be coming soon
This is all i know so dont go saying i already knew that because some newbies may not.
by following this tutorial you should have a decent hack by the end but i admit i could explain it alot better.
Needed tools
Advance Map
Advance Text
Overworld Sprite Editor
Advance Starter

Advance text
This one is quite simple all you have to do is open advance text press file load rom load your rom now a list of names will appear scorll down or what ever and find the city or building or cave ect click on the small + sign and every piece of text in that area comes up allright lets say its a girl in pallet town look around and youll see 3 option they are:girl1,2 and 3 view them and read on which is the correct piece of text now you can edit if you want the easy way always go shorter than the original text but if its longer then make sure you press the enter bar every now and again to in dicate a new line because if it is to long it will overlap itself and come out all glitchy just find out the word before the over lap and press enter and keep doing that and it should come out perfectly clear. also one last thing is when you want to say your own or your rivals name but its differnt sometimes right so all you have to do is this simpley write [PLAYER] or for the rival write [RIVAL] and when your finsed with the text just click save text or else your work will be lost . thats all and thanks for reading coves advance text tutorial.
THE END
ADVANCE STARTER
Once again quite easy all you have to do is open Advance starter and then click file load rom and load your rom now the info on your starters will come up now all you have to do is scroll and select the pokemon you want now you could do this sensebly but im gonna teach you how to own the game easy now you could make your pokemon be holding a masterbal by simply clicking where it says item so far it will say none but this is the fun part scroll down and find any item and your pokemon will be holding that item keep in mind only one hold item can be there so choose wisely . also you will see a liltle box that says level now some pokemon can go up to level 255 but tht is quite glichty so i suggest doing only lvl 100 now the pokemon on rival side i suggest making them abra, zubat and magikarp and where it says level put it to 1,2 or 5 just low but do not lvl 0 it will really screw over your game now just make sure it has no item and youve clocked the game and youve only just started your advanture[MAKE SURE YOU CLICK FILE SAVE STARTERS OR IT WILL HAVE NO EFFECT].Thanks for reading coves Advance Starter tutorials
THE END
OVER WORLD SPRITE EDITOR
this is a little more complicated but still quite easy now open overworld sprite editor (also because that takes so long to write im gonna call it OSE for short)now click file load rom load up your rom now for an example im gonna use editing your heros hat just click on the picture of the sprite in the place you wanna edit and then it will come up in a bigger box on the right hand side now select the colour you want from the list e.g yellow and you than click on all the red dots(his hat) and change them to yellow(note:only the red dots on the hat sections ) now when its done it can look quite cool and you can do anything when your experinced eg make your hero a snorlax but make sure you edit every frame(the part that looks like this <Frame0>) now click on the next arrow and edit every frame or whilste your in cetain postions you hat will go back to red or youll transfrom from a snorlax to a person but as long as every frame is edited it should work perfectly and if youre done with that sprite and fineshed all the frames tahn simple click the button like this: <Sprite0> and click next to edit the next sprite but make sur you click file save or your sprite editing will be lost!!!. Thanks for reading Coves turoial for OSE.
THE END
ADVANCE MAP
Unfortunately to explain this properly would take a long long time and im on a hack at the moment so i dont have tht time but all im saying is for a gd hack you need advance map or elilte map but for newbies advance map is better because its alot easyier to use there are alot of tutorial on advance map in poke community so i advise you use those.

THEESE TUTOTIALS ARE MADE BY ME AND TOOK ME ABOUT AN HOUR DO NOT ATTEMP TO COPY THEM
By now you should have a half decent hack if this helped please put me on credits because it shows other hackers on what tutorials are worth reading.
*PM me if any troubles*
THE END

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Alot of things wrong with this

1)It is simple to open a rom in these programs
2) not enough detail
3) I dont think this would help much. People know how to use these programs, the dont know scripting or how to make their own events.

If you need help on makeing this better PM and we'll tr to sort it out and make it alot better.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
I'm sorry but its not simple at all and I would never want to read this.
You should at least post some pics, look at D-Torugh's Title changing tut
and EX's Palette editting tut.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Its quite simple but I think its good enough for beginners but you should really give detail.

~Celebi

.hack

skunkape
Years
im sorry but i did say it would be sloppy im in the mid of a hack and when you see it(a mod approves it) more ppl would want me to work on tht than this tutorial and theese tutorial where ment for beginners and it would help becuase i know i went on this site and its all advance to start you off you should read this

p.s. i will improve this once i have finised around 20% of my hack

kk ill pm u when i have done around 20% of my hack mabe by feburay

Using Advance map or Overworld Editor is so simple... this tutorial can help beginners ;)

Its quite simple but I think its good enough for beginners but you should really give detail.

~Celebi

thank you for the only gd comments

I'm sorry but its not simple at all and I would never want to read this.
You should at least post some pics, look at D-Torugh's Title changing tut
and EX's Palette editting tut.

once around febuary i would of finised around 20% of my hack then i will improve this alot and add screenshots

Last edited:
Back