• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I've always been a fan of fire starters until they all eventually became fighting -.-
I don't see how GF thought that would be okay...just don't get it. I might pick the Grass starter for the very first time, Chespin look so cute and cool :3 I'm looking forward to see his eventual 2nd type

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What'll surprise me about Chespin (because it was mentioned) would be if it was a special attacker. I just can't imagine a nutty little creature like that being a special attacker!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Chespin gives me the vibe that it'll evolve into some badass forest-excadrill. Which in that case would be absolutely amazing and would make me really really tempted to use it.
And because of that I agree with Nica about the special stuff. :P
Of course if it was done well, it'd be great. But most of all I hope it's not gonna be like with for example Samurott, where it has equal offensive abilities. That allows for more variation and flexibility, sure, but it feels like such a waste if you only use one of them anyway.

As with Fennekin, Fire/Fighting stopped being fun for me after Blaziken, but I'm not really feeling it this time. Psychic would be so great.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
Fennekin. Not just because I have a weakness for most fire types but I've also become obsessed with fennec foxes since I first saw him :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Chespin gives me the vibe that it'll evolve into some badass forest-excadrill. Which in that case would be absolutely amazing and would make me really really tempted to use it.

As with Fennekin, Fire/Fighting stopped being fun for me after Blaziken, but I'm not really feeling it this time. Psychic would be so great.

I would love to see Chespin turn into that forest-excadrill kinda pokemon you mentioned, I think that would definitely make me pick him! Maybe He'd be of a Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground type? Would be something new and interesting to see.

And i agree with your view on Fire/Fighting starters. I absolutely love Blaziken, because he looks awesome and his typing used to be something unique. Infernape i can tolerate, but GF making a third starter with the same type definitely took the fun and originality out of it. Psychic seems like a good fit for Fennekin, would be nice to have a non-legendary with that typing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A forest Excadrill is also what people also assume the design to be in a way too @ Pokestick. Grass/steel would make for an interesting starter typing if that were the case!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Ooh, didn't even consider Grass/Steel. The awesome of that alone would outweigh the massive fire weakness.
Like many others, I'm thinking Grass/Dark. It's been done before, but not enough. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
I'm thinking of choosing Fennekin right now because I've never chosen a fire type starter pokemon before. I guess it would be nice for a change :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm hoping for Chespin to be either a Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock Pokemon. Grass/Steel would be awesome too, but somehow i think that's rather unlikely. Grass/Dark is a pretty good bet too, i'd love to see another pokemon with that typing

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I'm seeing Grass/Fighting for Chespin. I have no idea why, but its design just screams that it's going to evolve into a Fighting type. Which would be a nice change, since it would more than likely mean Fennekin wouldn't evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.

Neeni

Stage On!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2013
I'm going for either Fennikin or Chespin

mainly Fennikin because I LOVE fire starters but I absolutely despised Chimchar and Tepig, they were too hideous for me to like and even though Emboar grew on me a bit, I still hate it and Infernape... so finally GF introduced a cute looking fire starter that everyone can like!

Chespin because I've never went for a grass starter since Chikorita (it's the only grass starter I've ever played with) so I might pick it for change

Froakie is a NO for me definitely, I don't like the design at all. I have no idea why they decided to make it a friggin' frog >.>

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm just totally going by looks and design, but Chespin looks like a pokemon who is going to be dishing out left and right, so i think/hope he'll be leaning more towards offensive skills!

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2013
Are there any pictures of their final evolutions that I could look at,before I make this decision of choosing a starter?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Are there any pictures of their final evolutions that I could look at,before I make this decision of choosing a starter?

Nope, we've got nothing yet! All we know for sure are what the first stages look like and their typings. We'd love to know more, but sadly we don't =/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think we'll find out more about the starters p soon tbh. But the evolutions will be months away :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Chespin easily! It's the best grass type starter yet. I know it's weird but I feel like it's evolution will already be awesome without even seeing it.

I usually go for grass starters (water if the grass type is horrible, like in Gen 4 and 5.) The fire ones always just feel.. generic to me and I don't think they look all that great either. I've always loved Venosaur over Charizard, Sceptile over Blaziken, etc.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
Fennekin hands down! Chespin is cute too. Not so fond of Froakie, but he'll probably grow on me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Chespin easily! It's the best grass type starter yet. I know it's weird but I feel like it's evolution will already be awesome without even seeing it.

I usually go for grass starters (water if the grass type is horrible, like in Gen 4 and 5.) The fire ones always just feel.. generic to me and I don't think they look all that great either. I've always loved Venosaur over Charizard, Sceptile over Blaziken, etc.

idk, I think Chespin is cute, but its evolution won't be outright amazing like I picture Fennekin to be...? That's just how I feel, though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back