Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Pokémon] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 10th, 2015 (07:08 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@mimimahboul: Mmm... I have a policy to always re-accept those coming back, even if they were removed for inactivity~ That being said, I did review the new information you added to your SU. I'm going to give it a pass, though I'll give you some pointers via VMs shortly~
Old March 12th, 2015 (03:31 PM).
Crimson Angel of Judecca
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
I finally have a working computer~ So yay! (I've been dying inside....)

Apostle Edel Blau of the blue sky! We must follow the demon spores to their gathering place and defeat the Dark King Wallenstein!
Old March 31st, 2015 (01:05 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
Its been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, but can I hand in my character description. I see that there are empty spaces in the Raikou Dorm (Which is what I wanted to join anyway) but since the plot is ongoing I'm not really sure how to just drop in
Old March 31st, 2015 (01:10 PM).
BLARGHBRAAHH
Gold TierCS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by SYDAXARO220:
Its been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, but can I hand in my character description. I see that there are empty spaces in the Raikou Dorm (Which is what I wanted to join anyway) but since the plot is ongoing I'm not really sure how to just drop in
I'm in the middle of writing a post. It'll be up tomorrow, hopefully.
Old March 31st, 2015 (01:23 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Foxrally:
I'm in the middle of writing a post. It'll be up tomorrow, hopefully.
Ok thanks, I recently discovered the roleplaying scene, and have really been wanting to try my hand at it. Since I already had a huge interest in fiction writing and Role-playing IRL
Old March 31st, 2015 (01:44 PM). Edited March 31st, 2015 by Sir General Admiral Fancy Swank.
Sir General Admiral Fancy Swank's Avatar
Sir General Admiral Fancy Swank Sir General Admiral Fancy Swank is offline
I do say! I have returned. Bow to my grace!

Nature: Quiet
Holy Milktank, this is still the Original bloody thread? Wow. I applied to this years ago, and got dropped for inactivity, I remember getting mad at you for criticising my SU, I promise you, a LOT has changed in 4 years, would it be ok for me to sign up... again?

Proof that my ability has improved: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8683416&postcount=374
a superhero roleplay
Alex Forestveil
art by Churaka

"A destiny crossed and shared is a destiny combined. Lifes that meet and care about each other never truly seperate."- Aura Rift
Old April 26th, 2015 (12:59 PM).
So lazy that i can't even ride my skateboard properly...

Location: Well somewhere in Great Canyon, Hill of Ancients...
Nature: Relaxed
Finally. I finished my SU. It is on page 226. I hope you like it.
Old April 27th, 2015 (11:51 AM).
Crystal Tier

Sorry about the wait guys. It used to be that people would let me know when someone needed my attention in the OOC, but I suppose I'll have to actually pay more attention now~

@SYDAXARO220: I'm sure that some other members might be willing to fill you in. The short story is that the plot is a non-linear sandbox built by the players, rather than strictly led by me. Where your character fits in is your choice! The sky's the limit really! Right now there are three major premises going on.
  • Team Rocket invading and practicing subterfuge on the island.
  • The actual daily school days and the pursuit of greater knowledge and strength by the students.
  • The personal relationships between the students.

@Aquataris: Actually, this isn't PTA's original OOC thread~ That would be here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=254698

Regardless, my bad. A lot of the time I don't want to criticize SUs, but it's an important job. vwv I do have a policy that returning members can rejoin with their old characters without having to sign up again, but that's assuming nothing about the character has changed~ Since you've improved so much, I recommend giving it a go! I'd love to have you here.

@Gelius3: SUP GOLD! Hm... I feel like I want to know more about your character's past. Or rather, I want to know more about his family and the specific reason(s) he was incapable of adapting to these new school(s). Was it just that he switched schools too often to establish a foothold, or was he awkward? I feel like I could accept this, but with some extra information I feel like the SU would benefit a great deal.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go set my RSS feed back up so that I don't miss posts anymore! ;P
Old April 27th, 2015 (02:24 PM).

Anyway i added some information, not having so much about the family, but one thing that the grandparents and the parents know is: The Uncle and Older Brother are lost (Missing.).

Also added some details about the troubles why Gelius could not establish the foothold, mentioning that he entered in a small deep depression, but i forgot to mention it was forgotten 1 month before coming to the Trainers Academy.

So with that i think it is complete.
Old April 27th, 2015 (02:41 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Gelius3: You're accepted! Welcome to the family, get on in here~ If you'd like to be added to the Skype group or you have any questions, don't have afraid to ask.
Old April 27th, 2015 (02:54 PM).

I have the honnor to join to Skype Chatroom of Trainers Academy (i can only chat or my parents kill me). Look for me as Gelius the Sneasel. By the way Gelius, it's a word that you read like it starts with a J but it writes with G. So quite hard word.
Old April 28th, 2015 (12:35 PM).
Silver Tier

X( This RP is sooo huge. What do you guys advise in terms of keeping up with other players. (SUs, the story so far etc.)
Old April 28th, 2015 (08:35 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by SYDAXARO220:
X( This RP is sooo huge. What do you guys advise in terms of keeping up with other players. (SUs, the story so far etc.)
Limit your attention span to what your character is actually aware of IC~ No sense in fussing over things your character can't react to anyway, y'know? You can always read that later if you're really interested ;P This is why I've always advised people to let someone know before they start RPing with them, just so that they're looking for the message and don't accidentally ignore your post |D
Old May 4th, 2015 (04:45 AM).
The Sin of Joy

Send a message via Skype™ to Daixtey
Hey, since I am looking at finally having time to Roleplay again, and am looking to join RPs again and still love the idea of this one. May I rejoin, somehow? I don't even remember how I left, it's so long ago, I think was it end of April, I left last year? I think so, anyways yeah my question is if I can politely ask if I can rejoin, or how.
Old May 9th, 2015 (06:49 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Daixtey:
Hey, since I am looking at finally having time to Roleplay again, and am looking to join RPs again and still love the idea of this one. May I rejoin, somehow? I don't even remember how I left, it's so long ago, I think was it end of April, I left last year? I think so, anyways yeah my question is if I can politely ask if I can rejoin, or how.
I have a policy of allowing anyone who went innactive to rejoin without having to resubmit their application. I like to make it nice and easy for people to come back. As for how... It's really up to you to say where your character was and what they were doing! You could just say they were at classes, perhaps describe a battle that took place while you were going for some levels. It's your choice really. c:
Old May 9th, 2015 (09:58 PM).
The Sin of Joy

Send a message via Skype™ to Daixtey
That is really good, I will have to catch up on the things that happened in the year that I was gone probably. But I remember I had one post about me getting to the dorms, and another one of goin to the neighbour town to meet up with someone there. So I just have to find a good transmission to now, but thank you.

Old May 10th, 2015 (07:45 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Daixtey:
That is really good, I will have to catch up on the things that happened in the year that I was gone probably. But I remember I had one post about me getting to the dorms, and another one of goin to the neighbour town to meet up with someone there. So I just have to find a good transmission to now, but thank you.
Not a problem! Let me know if I can help you in any way. vwv

On an entirely seperate note I arted Valorie in the Puyo Puyo art style. Thought people might enjoy the complimentary shortstop, especially as she attention hogs her battle right now. Soon I'll post what we've got in this joint post :U

Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:44 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Hey Yellow or anyone else. My Skype is currently not working. I think I may have to reinstall it or something.

But if anyone needs to get a hold of me, PMing me on here if probably going to be your best bet to get a quick answer.

Darker Than It Seem..
ShadowFighting/Dark)
Party: Noivern, Greninja, Lucario, Eevee, Seedot
PC: Doublade, Vibrava
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:39 AM).
Varys is the real hero

Nature: Adamant
Can I rejoin the RP again? ) I went on a hiatus because life really demands a lot from me for the past few months.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (08:09 AM).
The Hero of the Skies and Time

Nature: Jolly
I've been pondering doing this for ever since I came back A couple weeks...The Revamp...

Name: Haru Hatake

Nickname: The Man Hatake or Haru

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raiku

Appearance:
"I know. I'm handsome."
Haru stands at roughly 5'7, being rather short for his age, and weighs around 115 pounds. He's awkwardly skinny. It seems that he loses weight when he eats. You know. Typical hyper-active teenage metabolism. He has short, neat light brown hair that he's cut since entering the Academy, and he's replaced his glasses for a pair of black thick rims, although his eye sight hasn't improved in the slightest. He occasionally wears contacts, but not really enough to count. He has a face that could be described as, "slightly above average," with a scruffy chinstrap beard around his chin. His chin, since we're on the topic, juts out a little farther than most would consider normal. His nose is rather big, when you take typical nose sizes into account. Not that it's pointy. It's actually bigger to the side.

When it comes to apparel, Haru likes it simple. He can typically be found wearing khaki cargo shorts of all lengths and varying shades. All pretty close to beige, though. He occasionally wears jeans of darker shades, about dark grey and black. Haru often wears button-up flannel shirts, varying t-shirts with Pokemon emblems on them, and even the occasional v-neck, because that's the way he roles. During the winter months he'll wear a beanie and a black zip up jacket without a hood. It's actually fairly warm, but he prepares nothing for his legs other than jeans.

Personality:
"You know, I really do have a charming personality, don't I?"

Haru's a bit of an oddball. He has the potential to be the next Pokemon League Champion, but his tendencies for slacking had him end up in the Raiku Yellow dorm. He has a tendency to be flirt, and he has a chronic fear of extremely lengthy homework assignment. Haru really likes the ladies, but he's found a girlfriend since he's come on the island, so he's become a one-lady kinda guy. It's hard being a ladies' man. He's very awkward, but he loves making new friends, and his sarcastic sense of humor is legendary for not having any bounds. Haru's social skills are actually fairly developed, despite his lack of social know-how. Many a time a person will approach him with relationship issues or depression issues, and the best he can tell them is, "It's okay! Don't be cry!" And for some magical reason it works.

He spent his life being mocked by certain people, which drove him to dream of becoming the very best like no one ever was. Pretty high ambitions for a slacker of his caliber. Haru knows that he's far from perfect, but he has a sarcastic arrogance that many people will mistake for real arrogance. He's not a fan of losing, but is always happy in defeat. He smiles all the time, literally, and is good to have around for a laugh. Haru's clever and witty, but could be called a "Smart Ass". He's likable, but often he doesn't know how to respond to situations. He can be annoying at times, but that's just part of the Haru Charm. Haru's a loyal friend, sticking by them at all times, no matter the consequences. On a side note, he's a pretty snazzy guitar and keyboard player. Rockin' that synth up in heeyah!

History: Haru grew up in Viridian City with his childhood friend, a stall-worth Charmander. The Charmander was his best friend. Everyday he would go out and play with it and feed it When he was 8, however, the Charmander was taken by a strange boy clad in red. He was devastated and cried for days, but, as all young boys do, he bounced back with all of vigor within days of the event. Haru carried on as normal, doing whatever eight year olds do. His parents, remembering the childhood friend, had a brilliant idea. On Haru's tenth birthday, he was gifted a Charmander, given by Professor Samuel Oak, none the less. He took a year and a half to travel all over Kanto with Charmander, which became a Charmeleon, but decided to leave home to explore other regions before completing the Pokemon League. His Charmeleon, and it had a urge to go over seas with him.

Haru took the Charmeleon and used it in Hoenn, where he caught a Treeko. Together they traveled all over Hoenn, although his two favorite Pokemon were still relatively weak. They grew tired of Hoenn and set off for Sinnoh, where they met Munchlax who was stealing their food. Haru caught him by using the food as a peace offering. They then traveled all across Sinnoh, losing battles wherever they went. Haru, at this point, was frustrated and angry at the himself for not training his Pokemon harder. He needed somewhere to perfect his training, and there was only one place for him to do that...The Pokemon Trainer Academy.

Haru arrived at the PTA a while back, and within days he had caught a Scyther and Nidoran female. He met many new trainers, although the friendships didn't last very long. He met his girlfriend, Holly Amarosa, her cousin Kayla Makitayama. It seems he went on an involuntary hiatus after HTS/Challenger became a super lazy bum he went on a crazy training spree, and now he's ready to come and rejoin the real world.

Pokemon Personalities:
Torch the Charmeleon: Torch is very friendly with Haru's teammates, often screwing around and having all sorts of fun with them. He's slow to warm up to others, but once he does, he's fairly loyal.

Twitch the Grovyle: Twitch reacts quickly to almost everything. He prefers to act first, ask questions later. He's fairly friendly, but he holds a disdain for Pokemon who are obnoxiously nosy.

Void the Munchlax: Void is quite cheerful and friendly. He often spends a great deal of time with Haru and his Pokemon. He often doesn't see when people or Pokemon don't like him. Void is fairly clever, often obtaining food and battling in wily ways.

Geronimo the Scyther: Geronimo is quiet, serious, and arrogant, except in the presence of the Void of Munchlax. He always battles to the most intense degree, unlike his fellow teammates.

Dutchess the Nidoran Female: Dutches is very timid. She's very gently and quiet, but at times she's just fun as the others. She loves training with her fellow teammates, and dreams of becoming a powerful Nidoqueen.

I would put the levels and moves and stuff, but they're on the Ether pad!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (07:58 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Quote originally posted by Varys the Galvantula:
Can I rejoin the RP again? ) I went on a hiatus because life really demands a lot from me for the past few months.
Although I am not a GM, I don't think it would be a problem. In that time period, only 3 or 4 people have posted a total of about 8 posts if that.

And Yellow has said that she allows people to return.

Anyways, I got my Skype up and running again.

Darker Than It Seem..
ShadowFighting/Dark)
Party: Noivern, Greninja, Lucario, Eevee, Seedot
PC: Doublade, Vibrava
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links