• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
Porygon never did evolve in Red and you can use a Trade Stone to evolve Kadabra.

You can evolve Porygon into Porygon 2 but you'll need an item

I'm in the safari zone trying to catch an Electrabuzz and it's impossible , I'm trying to keep throwing balls at it and it keeps coming out after 1 twitch and if you throw a rock it runs immediatly and above all : it's more rare then rare .

Last edited:

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
You can evolve Porygon into Porygon 2 but you'll need an item

I'm in the safari zone trying to catch an Electrabuzz and it's impossible , I'm trying to keep throwing balls at it and it keeps coming out after 1 twitch and if you throw a rock it runs immediatly and above all : it's more rare then rare .

Um, no in Red you can't evolve Porygon.

~Red

Years
But this isn't Red, it's a hack based on Red where you CAN evolve Porygon.

Ok back up. Read the thread. Someone said "Can you trade evolve Kadabra and Porygon in Brown or do you use items?" I replied "Porygon never evolved in Red" then someone said "He evolves by leveling up" and I said "No he doesnt because he doesnt evolve in Red".

~Red

Years
How do you think Datai has a Porygon2 then? In Pokemon Brown Porygon evolves with a Upgrade which is in Silph Warehouse. So Porygon does evolve in this Pokemon Red hack.

FFS, YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO READ.

I didn't say you couldn't get Porygon2 in Brown, I said you couldn't get it in RED.

Years
XD, lol I have the Porygon 2! Let me sum this up for you all.

In the first 151 Pokemon in the original RBY games, Porygon had no evolution. Then, in the GSC games, Nintendo decided that he needed an evolution: Porygon 2. Porygon evolved in the GSC games by trading it from a GSC game to another GSC game while it was holding an up-grade. However, obviously you could not trade any of the GSC Pokemon back to the original games. When Coolboyman made this hack, he decided to edit the game so the GSC Pokemon were included in the Red hack, for the sake of epic hacking. But since, you really cannot trade Pokemon with friends on an emulator like on a Gameboy, he made special items for the trade-evolution Pokemon. He put in data for Porygon 2 in the original game and made the up-grade a useable evolution item instead of a hold and trade item. Thus Porygon 2 is available in the hacked game, not the actual Red version.

Last edited:

fuznug

Hacker In Training
Years
yes, yes, and more yes! i think i enjoyed this way more than i expected to... Thank You KBM! looking forward to Prism and Brown updates!

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Many props to Koolboyman for creating such an amazing hack. Two problems I just noticed, the former being minor, the latter being very broken, are
1) Weavile evolves with razor fang instead of razor claw
2)After Weaviles stats change back to normal, it becomes invincible, whenever the opponent attacks, HP goes to a random glichy #, so it never faints

It might be just me and my game, but it might be worth investigating. Sorry I couldn't get a pic, I really don't have the tools and the know how to do so.

Nevermind. The Weavile problem sort of fixed itself. Still might be a problem, not sure. Sorry for wasting your time. Still an awesome hack, though.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I just downloaded this hack, and I'm pretty happy I'll be able to play this. I'll post my comments here as soon as I finish this hack. I'll also post glitches, but I hope I won't have too many of those to post here...

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Many props to Koolboyman for creating such an amazing hack. Two problems I just noticed, the former being minor, the latter being very broken, are
1) Weavile evolves with razor fang instead of razor claw
2)After Weaviles stats change back to normal, it becomes invincible, whenever the opponent attacks, HP goes to a random glichy #, so it never faints

It might be just me and my game, but it might be worth investigating. Sorry I couldn't get a pic, I really don't have the tools and the know how to do so.

Nevermind. The Weavile problem sort of fixed itself. Still might be a problem, not sure. Sorry for wasting your time. Still an awesome hack, though.

The second one is part of the evolution glitch as explained in the notes. It obviously had lots of HP when evolved, so it had more than max when its max HP returned to normal next level. If that happens to anyone, a simple trip to the Pokecenter will fix it.

The first one was probably my bad. Remember, I had to put in over 70 of these things in with raw hex, so it can't be perfect. I'll make sure to fix it next time.

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2009
I Don't know if it was just a problem with my rom but my rattata learned mega punch at lvl. 8, but a different rattata I caught at lvl. 10 didn't know the move

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
*Sigh* I give up. Keep on believing Porygon evolves by trade in Pokemon Red...

actually it can evolve in red, but you need to trade a porygon holding an upgrade FROM g/s to red. This may be like trading glitch pokemon from r/b/y to gsc, so it may not work everytime. My friend did this once, but I can't remember if this was the trade he used the trade cloning glitch with it, so you may need to do that. I don't remember if, in red, the porygon2 had a porygon's sprite, or a glitch sprite, but it did say in the stats in red that the species was porygon2, and in the 2nd gen game it had a porygon 2 sprite.

anyway, I thought of an idea to make it so you can't get on cycling road w/o a bike, but it WILL involve making a new script. You could make a guy that stands in front of the c.r. gatehouse and only moves if you have a bike with you.

also, I just found a glitch on accident, I don't know if it was posted before, and it was in the update 1 version of brown 2.0. It is attached.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
actually it can evolve in red, but you need to trade a porygon holding an upgrade FROM g/s to red. This may be like trading glitch pokemon from r/b/y to gsc, so it may not work everytime. My friend did this once, but I can't remember if this was the trade he used the trade cloning glitch with it, so you may need to do that. I don't remember if, in red, the porygon2 had a porygon's sprite, or a glitch sprite, but it did say in the stats in red that the species was porygon2, and in the 2nd gen game it had a porygon 2 sprite.

anyway, I thought of an idea to make it so you can't get on cycling road w/o a bike, but it WILL involve making a new script. You could make a guy that stands in front of the c.r. gatehouse and only moves if you have a bike with you.

also, I just found a glitch on accident, I don't know if it was posted before, and it was in the update 1 version of brown 2.0. It is attached.
No. It cannot. If i recall, G/S/C don't allow you to trade pokemon with items attached to R/B/Y/G. Now enough of Porygon and how he evolves.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
I don't think I've posted here since Brown 2009, so I'd just like to say congratulations on fixing the hack! It was good enough last time, but now it's near perfect. All the language and map oddities are fixed, there are no significant gameplay glitches, some of the lower quality content is replaced...Brilliant. I don't think the psychic gym was...the way it is now in the original Brown, but I really like what you've done with it this time. Incidentally. has the "PP Up" in the warehouse been fixed with update two?

Just as a side note, I'm impressed with the increase in online maturity with people my age...no offense, but two years ago I could barely understand anything anyone said :P. Just noticed that reading some of the posts on this page. Kudos to them. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back