• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

join the circus

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
have you ever ran away / planned on running away from home? what did / would you pack and what would your plan be to do after you run away?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I tried to run away from home various times during my high school years

I didn't pack anything because I'd always go to my grandparent's house

Which is directly across the street

Years
I tried to abandon my family and threaten to leave a lot because of how abusive they were towards me. Granted, it's hard handling someone with autism but with me I can be quite the nightmare when you're not prepared.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I have never felt like I've had to get away from my family for an extended period. and I feel very lucky for that. now that I have a car though it's much more plausible. (˚ㄥ_˚) (˚ㄥ_˚) (˚ㄥ_˚) (˚ㄥ_˚) (˚ㄥ_˚) but I'm still not gonna lest something unforeseen happens.

Sirfetch’d

I always wanted to in high school and then realized I had no job, no money, and no place to go where I wouldn't be found. Needless to say I never actually tried running away

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
I've wanted to run away from home on multiple occasions, not going into detail why, but I never actually went through with any plan.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Does sneaking out of the house for a night count? because yeah, I did that when I was a freshman in high school.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Never seriously contemplated running away from home because I'm a pragmatist who's been indoctrinated into the cult of the Importance of Financial Security, but lately I have been considering emigration in a few years, after I finish college. I could see myself moving to one of the Scandinavian countries, particularly Norway, just to escape all of the pressures at home and give myself a few years to finish my novel. But that's just the dream of a conservative dreamer, I suppose.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I would leave home if I've got the money. Home, overall is too negative and they don't wanna change. So I believe leaving is for the best for us, before the relationship with them is completely broken.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I was once an overdramatic teen boy and after my ex broke up with me I was all depressed and planned to run away from home. I ended up selling most of my stuff over the span of a couple of weeks and then had packed a bag with money and a couple of outfits. Then I wrote some letters to people I cared about and then left the school that day. The police picked me up about a mile away because my ex brought the letter to the principal and yeah. I realized like a month after that how dumb I was and how stupid it was to have overreacted to something that didn't even really matter.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I never seriously ran away. The closest I came to that was last year towards the end of summer. My mom and step dad were yelling at me telling me to get a life and grow up (because, shocker, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life at 21 because that's something all 21 year olds know!), so I locked myself in my room and packed my stuff and went to my grandmother's the next night without telling her. But yeah, I never ran away or threatened to when I was a kid or a teenager.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
when i was like 5 years old i used to think about running away into the woods not because i wanted to escape my family, but because i literally thought i was so good at hiding i could out hide anyone trying to find me

Outlier

I ran away for 2 & a half days when I was 15. I just kept walking around a lot and occasionally using a bus or train stop to rest at. I was too ashamed to try and crash at anyone's house, not that I knew anyone who would take me in at the time. I had enough money to stop at mcdonalds once or twice so the hardest part was just staying awake really. Of course I sucked up my pride and returned home after I had enough of being a hobo.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
sometimes I feel I've got to / run away I've got to / get away

I've not been compelled to run away from home. I'll leave when I've got the savings to get a home of my own. Until then this is just about the best place I can be for now. If I had to get the hell out temporarily I'd probably look to rent somewhere and stay at a friend's in the meantime if necessary taking only the most important things I had. (e.g: laptop, or anything that had personal information of mine for that matter)

Back